• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft releasing four AAA games between April 2017 and March 2018, revealing in May

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My guesses would be:
- South Park (this is definitely one of them)
- Far Cry 5
- That pirate online service game thingy they've been making for 3-4 years
- Hard to say, maybe Assassin's Creed, but they've hinted that might be delayed. Splinter Cell? Another new IP?

Daniel Ahmad

Ubisoft will launch four AAA games next year. (Launching between April 1st 2017 to March 31st 2018).

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/829748470391123972
FYI, South Park is included as one of the four games launching next year.
Ubisoft will reveal more in May

Will be operating six live games

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/829749326503088129

Auctopus

Splinter Cell will probably be the "one more thing" at E3.

No idea what direction they could take it. Maybe Alpha Protocol style?

bigkrev

I just can't see them icing Assassin's Creed for that long- if it isn't hitting this holiday, it's going to hit before March 2018

sjay1994

Not sure about farcry since Primal was early 2016.

Probably AC, but there have also been rumors its been delayed.

Is southpark considered AAA?

South Park
Assassin's Creed
Far Cry
Pirate new IP

I do think The Crew 2 is a possibility if AC is delayed

Splinter Cell will be their "one more thing" at E3 but won't release until late 2018/early 2019

Turkoop

Banned
Many potential games: Far Cry 5, AC: Empire, Splinter Cell, That Pirate online game, The Crew 2, South Park

Gator86

In for South Park, Splinter Cell, and FC5. The pirate component of Black Flag has been the only non-trash aspect of AC so that might be okay too.

jtb

Banned
South Park is AAA now? How did the Obsidian game sell?

Splinter Cell has a great foundation to build on with Blacklist and is a fucking Ubisoft pillar. Would love to see them take another crack at it. Now, to just find a new Sam Fisher....

Certinty

Hopefully one is Assassins Creed.

Syndicate was great. If they build off that well then the sequel could be amazing.

South Park is AAA now? How did the Obsidian game sell?

Splinter Cell has a great foundation to build on with Blacklist and is a fucking Ubisoft pillar. Would love to see them take another crack at it. Now, to just find a new Sam Fisher....
It was rumored that Ironside is San again

K.Sabot

can't summon excitement

80% of their output (ie everything that isn't siege) has been so incredibly bland the last few years, every game feeling so samey that we've come to the conclusion that they feel like "ubisoft open world" games than any actual sub-genre.

blakep267

I can see it as

-South Park
-Far cry 5( fall 2017. It's been 3 years since 4 and Primal looks like it was done by a smaller team)
- Assasins creed( takes the spot of their March game for 2018)
- the Crew 2

Vinc

My guesses would be:
- South Park (this is definitely one of them)
- Far Cry 5
- That pirate online service game thingy they've been making for 3-4 years
- Hard to say, maybe Assassin's Creed, but they've hinted that might be delayed. Splinter Cell? Another new IP?

Aaaaannnd now I'm scared for Rare.

Unity2012

Please be...

Splinter-Cell.jpg

jonno394

Nintendo would probably be publishing it, so I doubt it'd be on Ubi's reports.

I hope so, seeing as Phil from eurogamer quoted them as saying "we have a few titles for the Switch in the next FY" with those few likely being Steep, Rayman and something else. I want more Ubisoft!

It's interesting they specifically mentioned that one of the AAA games was delayed so that they could focus on updates to an existing title. I'm betting the existing title is Siege and it's year 2 content, so what game would be most impacted by that and need resources taken away to focus on the Live game instead?

I would assume either Far Cry or Splinter Cell as those are the 2 closest things Ubi has to Siege (Far Cry being FPS and SC being tactical)

blakep267

Aaaaannnd now I'm scared for Rare.
To be fair. Ubi games often disappoint and I'm a fan of them. But look how the division dropped off. Just because they are both pirate games doesn't mean Ubi is destined to be the successful one

To be fair. Ubi games often disappoint and I'm a fan of them. But look how the division dropped off. Just because they are both pirate games doesn't mean Ubi is destined to be the successful one

Given rare's track record, they couldn't succeed even if they really tried.

Luck nor fate are on their side.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Rare's game looks more like a survival title, which I'm expecting this to be a bit different from.

That said, it's not like the other genre is less crowded.

Is HERO still a thing or did that turn out to be For Honor?
That was For Honor.

A new splinter cell is what I want. I can only imagine the goosebumps that are possible from a trailer using a returning Michael Ironisde

Top Bottom