• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Watch Dogs 2 sales above Syndicate, tracking Far Cry 4 (7M LTD), WD1 did 11M

jrush64

Banned
I need a new Assassins Creed this year as I missed it last year. Syndicate was the return to form that it needed.

Watch Dogs 2 while a huge improvement of WD1, still has gameplay issues. I hate the forced stealth approach. Sure you can shoot your way through, but the shooting isn't that great. The screen and presentations is still too busy but not as bad as part 1.

Harmen

Well, WD1 was like 7-8 euros on PSN and is dirt cheap in stores. I wonder what the pricepoint breakdown is and at what number it was in the same timeframe as WD2. Anyways, impressive sales for both entries and this series is here to stay.

Gator86

As someone who liked WD2's story and characters better but thought WD1 had much tighter mechanics and encounter design, I'm glad to see the franchise will be continued. I just hope they can strike a nice balance between 1 and 2. I just felt WD2 had a lot of jank to it mechanically that WD1 didn't have.

Agreed. 1 felt pretty good to play whereas 2 just kind of feels like a sloppy mess. Nothing about the gameplay is really tight or especially enjoyable for me so far. I'm like half a dozen hours in right now.

Watch Dogs 2 has the biggest case of narrative dissonance I have EVER seen.

"They labelled me a threat! They made me do community service. So now I'm going to carry out a huge succession of terrorist attacks. For the lulz."

"Swatting is the worst" *hacks police so that they can issue an APB on anyone*

"This movie inaccurately portrays hacking. Lets destroy their property using magic mobile phones!"

Also agreed. The tone and trappings of the game are so much more enjoyable and positive than the first. But goddamn, your characters really are fucking assholes. It's really the first time it's bothered me in a game.

TVexperto

I only see tweets from people. Whats the source for all this? Is there a PDF Presentation file like last year? That also show what they will release next fiscal year?

Top Bottom