• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Watch_Dogs will run at 900p on PS4 and 792p on XB1, both at 30fps

StoopKid

As a infamous fan second son was nothing but a showcase of the image quality we could get, early on, from the ps4 the rest of the game was a let down (outside of characters/characterisation) let's not pretend it had complex ai or anything. It was a ps3 game with shiny graphics

Oh boy.

I guess mario kart is a shiny wii game.

j57DWiJEPxZNR.png

MarkV

On other GAF's threads or sites a bunch of people couldn't tell if Mario Kart 8 was 720p or 1080p and many said nothing about some WD videos released which was 900p native ...but now it's written down and everyone goes crazy. I love it :D

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Makes the whole 1080p/60 fiasco even stranger...

I expected at least 1080p crispness at 30fps, now I know it's 900p blurriness. I didn't even like 900p in BF4, looked blurry coming from 1080p games, though BF4 in general was an ugly game (multiplayer) so that might have had something to do with it.

On other GAF's threads or sites a bunch of people couldn't tell if Mario Kart 8 was 720p or 1080p and many said nothing about some WD videos released which was 900p native ...but now it's written down and everyone goes crazy. I love it :D

Viewing online videos is different, the expectations are lower due to compression and artifacts. On a crisp 1080p TV the difference is noticeable which is disappointing. Not saying I wouldn't buy a game that is 900p, I have BF4 (at least this was 60fps, mostly anyway), but it's disappointing.

delta25

Banned
Ugh, I actually bought a PS4 for this game. Soured massively by the delay, then the downgraded re-reveal and now this... can only push me so far Ubi.

Will get it when it is
Watch_
dog cheap.

id highly recommend you look within Sony' first party offerings if you need any reason to help justify you PS4 purchase.

SeanTSC

How many people have 1440p tvs? The majority of people with consoles use a tv, not a monitor.

Right, that's exactly my point more or less.

1080p is such old tech that has been around for so long that the vast majority of people are using it. It's not something new and not something high end. It takes a long time for something to get the market penetration that it has achieved and thus is not on the high end of the tech curve. It is very much relatively "old."

sunnz

Gamers?

Just sad. If you really are cancelling your orders because of this news, then I must ask, what the hell did you expect to do with the game? buy it and just look at it?

Yea it sucks but it's still a game and while the graphics might not impress you ( still could, look at Ryse) you did still enjoy the gameplay videos of it, which I am sure hasn't changed.

mcflyOS

Banned
This is going to run horribly on PC, isn't it? Your GPU might not matter, it's probably going to have the same CPU optimization issues as AC3 and ACIV Black Flag.

psn

Thanks Ubisoft, makes the decision much easier for me. No preorder, no buy, maybe for 10$ sometimes.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
It does seem rather disappointing after the great AC4 port.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Yea it sucks but it's still a game and while the graphics might not impress you ( still could, look at Ryse) you did still enjoy the gameplay videos of it, which I am sure hasn't changed.

That is the thing though, the gameplay videos got gradually worse looking over time. That is why people are calling "downgrade".

Also, I am not mad at Ubisoft. You just have to call people out when they do stuff like this. Ubisoft is slowly becoming another Capcom.

Haha, oh boy..
Well i'm still interested, but they could at the very least get rid of all jaggies in the PS4 version then.

I guessed 1080p at 30fps should have been doable... Guess not.

SiRatul

After the smooth AC4 PS4 version, the huge delay and those shit loads of resources they have I really expected this to be 1080p locked at 30 but it's Ubi after all. Now I'm even more curious about The Division.

Dizzy

Banned
Hmm, can't wait for some PC benchmarks to see how my rig handles this at 1080P. Not sure if it would be better to get the console version, depending on if an upgrade is required or not and how expensive it is. I get the feeling that the PC port will be lackluster based on those recommended specs.

murgo

Just did that myself. Regardless of what others may think, I'm going to vote with my wallet in terms of this game's development and current status. If they can't manage anything close to what they've offered in PR up to this point on consoles, then I'm done giving them the benefit of the doubt. If it still ends up being good in the gameplay department, maybe I'll pick it up during some future drought.

Indeed. Just went through and cancelled. 70€ for a shoddy cross-gen release is way too much.

Krisprolls

Banned
It does seem rather disappointing after the great AC4 port.

The Ac4 port was great because we got a strange day one resolution patch. I suspect it will be the same here.

Just let the reviewers tell us both console versions are identical, which they won't be.

It seems some people somehow feel that this news justifies drive-by trolling.
I was thinking the same thing. Good for you that your brain capacity is so immense you instantly (incorrectly) realized why the complaints are happening. But please if you're not going to contribute anything outside of "lawl you delusional dumbasses" please don't post at all. Even if most posts are salty.

Why is everyone talking shit on the PS4? It has delivered quite a number of 1080p titles unfortunately this isn't one of them but only PC's will get you a better experience.

Somewhat confused.

Amir0x

Banned
Gamers?

Just sad. If you really are cancelling your orders because of this news, then I must ask, what the hell did you expect to do with the game? buy it and just look at it?

People buy new systems and have certain standards raised by the assumed expectations related to the new technology. It happens all the time. People move on, and have trouble playing the older looking games because they're ugly to them now, even though they previously thought they were attractive.

People spent an entire gen playing sub 1080p games and barely 30fps titles, and many games failed to even hit 720p.

It's perfectly reasonable for someone who spends $400 or $500 on a console to want to make sure that the game runs at full HD resolution and a reasonable framerate, because guess what? That also impacts gameplay. It's not just, visual, even though it also impacts that. So you have something that impacts both gameplay and visuals, both elements which are vitally important to gaming. And you have rather reasonable expectations for both elements that were raised with the arrival of new technology.

That they now hold to those new standards is not their fault for being too picky. Because on top of it all, both Sony and Microsoft have advertised their systems as offering a full 1080p experience now. Except, as we can see, many games are again failing to past muster. So, blame Sony and Microsoft for raising expectations, blame the reasonable raising of standards with new technology, and put it all in a potent mix - but gamers do not need to be ashamed for it. They SHOULD push back. Settle for less is not in a lot of our lexicons.

Ubisoft said in advance that Assassin's Creed would be getting a day 1 1080P patch on the PS4. This announcement is stating that it will be 900P while "justifying" it by saying it doesn't really matter much. There will be no patch this time around

Gold Member
Yeah I'm in the cancelled camp, I'll wait a week or two to see how it pans out before getting it I think. In no real rush to play it I already have a backlog after 5 months lol.

Kssio_Aug

It doesn't even look nearly as good as Infamous. AC4 ran at 1080p on PS4 without a hitch. Is The Division going to be 720p/25fps at this point?

Thats the problem with Ubisoft games, you cant give them any credibility. When I 1st saw Watch_Dogs and The Division trailers I were with mixed feelings; somehow very satisfied to see their reveals (really interesting that time) but also very concerned if I could actually believe that or not... Turns out that I couldnt.

Their marketing is based on lies, they reveal trailers that they know they wont rach nearly as whats being showed, and in gameplay form. Thats not right.

Top Bottom