• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Udon Entertainment's Comic Con Licensing Blitz! 12 New Artbooks for the upcoming year

North American publisher Udon Entertainment announced at San Diego Comic Con on Friday that it will release the following art books next year: Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works, Devil May Cry: 3142 Graphic Arts, DmC Devil May Cry: Visual Art, Resident Evil 6 Artworks, and Darkstalkers Artworks. The publisher also revealed the following artbooks but did not specify a timeframe for release: Border Break Artworks, Gungnir Official Art Chronicle, Phantom Breaker: Official Visual Works, Soul Calibur: New Legend of Project Soul, Hyperdimension Neptunia +mk2, Ys The Art Book, and Daisuke Moriyama Art Works Chronicle.

The Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works book will include art work, character designs, monster art, and more, and will cover Breath of Fire I through Breath of Fire V. The Devil May Cry: 3142 Graphic Arts book will collect art for the original Devil May Cry series, and the Devil May Cry: Visual Art book will contain original artwork for the reimagined game. Resident Evil 6 Artworks will contain a complete concept and illustration collection from the game, and Darkstalker Artworks, an English version of Vampire Artworks, will include a new Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior artwork collection.

The Border Break book is based on the Sega arcade game, Gungnir on the strategy RPG, and Phantom Breaker on the 2D fighting game. Soul Calibur: New Legend of Project Soul will feature art from Soul Calibur V and will cover the story for the whole series, and Hyperdimension Neptunia +mk2 will cover the first two games. Daisuke Moriyama Art Works Chronicle will feature art from Chrono Cross, World Embryo, and more.

Source

To summary, Udon is gonna release:
- Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works
- Devil May Cry: 3142 Graphic Arts
- DmC Devil May Cry: Visual Art
- Resident Evil 6 Artworks
- Darkstalkers Artworks
- Border Break Artworks
- Gungnir Official Art Chronicle
- Phantom Breaker: Official Visual Works
- Soul Calibur: New Legend of Project Soul
- Hyperdimension Neptunia +mk2
- Ys The Art Book
- Daisuke Moriyama Art Works Chronicle

Will get Resident Evil 6, Darkstalkers, and finally pick up the Breath of Fire one (or is this different?)

Really excited to see the Resie 6 one, some of the J'avo transformations were incredibly weird and interesting to look at. I wonder what was left out :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Will grab Devil May Cry: 3142 Graphic Arts. Hopefully there's a hardcover edition.

Darkstalkers probably. Phantom Breaker possibly.

ezekial45

Banned
Awesome! I got my eyes on these;

- Darkstalkers Artworks

RyoonZ

Banned
Holy shit Breath of Fire! I always request them at their facebook. It finally realized. I hope they'll bring Fire Emblem Awakening Knight of Iris artbook next!

abadguy

Banned
I already have the Import BOF book, but i could see myself getting the translated version though.

Def want the Darkstalkers, DMC 3412 and Borderbreak books.

Syril

I wonder if the Breath of Fire book has any of Keiji Inafune's artwork for it from before Tatsuya Yoshikawa took over. Or if it has any of the concept art from BoF3 when it was still being done in the second game's style.

x3r0123

Jesus! that's alot of that I'm interested

buying:
- Darkstalkers Artworks
- Ys The Art Book
- Daisuke Moriyama Art Works Chronicle

in udon we trust

Solune

Awww, no Knights of Iris.

It's possible they may have gotten the license but can't announce a date or maybe someone else picked it up before them. I contacted them before and the team displayed interest in it for sure.

Also so many damn good picks. Definitely down for
- Border Break Artworks
- Phantom Breaker: Official Visual Works
- Ys The Art Book

Daisuke Morimiya would be more interesting if I looked into more than Chrno Crusade.

B.K.

I JUST bought the Japanese version of that Breath of Fire book last week and got it earlier this week. I can't believe how bad my timing and luck is.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Any word on prices? I'd gladly import the DMC series one if it won't cost a fortune.

You can generally pre-order Udon artbooks at a heavy discount off of Amazon.com. It depends on what the retail is, but the Amazon price will be around $25-30 for a $45 retail book.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
It's possible they may have gotten the license but can't announce a date or maybe someone else picked it up before them. I contacted them before and the team displayed interest in it for sure.
The Zelda art book that Dark Horse released was the best-selling book in the US for a time. I think it's fair to guess DH has kinda developed an interest in Nintendo art-books now, and has a solid 'in' to secure them.

atbigelow

I found the announcement for this on the BoF2 japanese Miiverse community. Needless to say, I'll be preordering the BoF artbook as soon as it shows up. Very pleased.

v0yce

I'm all over the BoF book. Probably the Daisuke Moriyama and Darkstalkers too, but I already have the other Udon DS book so ill have to see what's different.

I really wish they'd reprint the Shigenori Soejima Artworks book. Not sure how I missed that one.

Deprive

Will buy
- Resident Evil 6 Artworks
- Border Break Artworks

Hope they get that FE artbook. Really been thinking about importing, would be great if I did not have to..

Top Bottom