• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ueda posts about TLG

UrbanRats

It's just an announcement of the statement in the OP and then thanking people.

Yoshida is just as much to blame for this fiasco as Ueda. If the game really has moved to PS4 I'm going to be pretty pissed off since Yoshida closed down Studio Liverpool while paying Ueda and Team Ico's salaries and they can't even get one damn game out on the console they showed it for.

I just want the damn game.
I'm not the biggest ICO fan, but SotC was one of the best gaming experiences i've ever had.

Shinta

Banned

Yoshida is just as much to blame for this fiasco as Ueda. If the game really has moved to PS4 I'm going to be pretty pissed off since Yoshida closed down Studio Liverpool while paying Ueda and Team Ico's salaries and they can't even get one damn game out on the console they showed it for.

Wipeout is graphically impressive, but never sold that great in recent years, after repeated tries. Even after all the fuckups with TLG, it'll still have more mindshare and relevance than Wipeout, regardless of sales.

Sony Japan will always try and have some console development presence. They're not going to outsource 100% of it overseas, nor should they.

Luckily, sounds like a decent portion of Sony Liverpool is working on PS4/Vita stuff already at a new studio.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If it's alive I guess it really will be a PS4 title. Doubt it'll hit launch
or the first half of the console's lifespan
but at least it's coming out.

UrbanRats

Well, Ico is, so that wouldn't be a stretch.

SotC was close to perfection for me.

My only gripe with it? Linearity.

They should've made it so that all the Colossi (but the last one) were immediately accessible from the start, and you had to explore the map and "stumble on them", instead of following the light one after the other.
Walking around peacefully and BOOM, a huge thing comes out of the cave.. it would've been magnificent.
It's still like that in a way, but you know you don't risk of running into one, if it's not "the next one", so it removes from the wonder and tension of exploration.

Still, a fantastic game.

Mr E.

Read the OP and gained absolutely no info at all. I'm still non the wiser as to what state this project is in.

Couldn't careless at this point. These long overdue projects seems to be turning out shit at the moment. Well if DNF and Colonial marines vs Colonial marines is anything to go by.

Fucking joke.

As someone who just bought a PS3, with hopes that TLG would be released on it, I sincerely hope Sony doesn't move it to the PS4. However, given his statement, I suspect that is indeed what they are doing. Now I'm a sad panda.

Wipeout is graphically impressive, but never sold that great in recent years, after repeated tries. Even after all the fuckups with TLG, it'll still have more mindshare and relevance than Wipeout, regardless of sales.

Sony Japan will always try and have some console development presence. They're not going to outsource 100% of it overseas, nor should they.

Luckily, sounds like a decent portion of Sony Liverpool is working on PS4/Vita stuff already at a new studio.

It didn't sell because it wasn't marketed well. Sony Japan should at least outsource some work because they are slow and behind the curve, just look at GT5. Don't know where you get the idea a decent portion of Studio Liverpool are working on PS4/Vita stuff. About 100 people lost their jobs. They could have been working on GT6.

Ugh, i'm going to be pretty pissed if this isn't a PS3 game anymore. I'm not planing on jumping next-gen for while and this is one of the main reasons I got a PS3.

All these puzzle pieces fit and you are too convincing gaf. ;_;

Close to 8 years since a new Team ICO game. They were my most anticipated team this gen. =/
Hopefully Sony puts them in good hands for the PS4.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder... Will there be any 3rd party presence at the PlayStation meeting?

watershed

Banned
If Ueda doesn't team up with Sony again, a bit like Sakurai leaving Nintendo only to keep working with Nintendo, I wonder where he will go? Level 5? Nintendo?

beast786

What makes you think it won't be shut down after the game ?

that is what they did with others. Why the hell would they shut down now?

Plus it seems its the problem with team ico is not lack of quality or talent , but management and getting rid of Udea was a step to fix that problem.

What makes you think it won't be shut down after the game ?

that is what they did with others. Why the hell would they shut down now?

Plus it seems its the problem with team ico is not lack of quality or talent , but management and getting rid of Udea was a step to fix that problem.

They are a Japanese studio and the head of WWS is Japanese.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
People must be lining up to give this guy a job.

He's released 2 games in 15 years and has been working that whole time. That's not exactly the kind of output a lot of devs are looking for, not matter how much talent someone has.

If it's technically possible, I'd say to go out with PS3, however, there's not as much gain unless TLG is going to be a +3-5 million seller (which I doubt). You have God of War next month (ridiculous) then you have TLOU in June (ridiculous) then you have Beyond to close the year along with 3rd parties's biggest games like GTA5 and this gen's last COD.

Ico started on PS and got moved to PS2 for technical reasons...
SotC started on PS2, but was clearly pushing the limits of the hardware, and was held back in many areas...HD re-release on PS3 shows this...

The team seems to have a track record of being overly ambitious, which is probably praised at first, then turns into a big head-ache when the art has to be transformed into millions of triangles for a player to control lol...

So yeah, I'm actually not really thinking ND should be at PS4's launch. Killzone or Gran Turismo for the graphical showcase, TLG shortly after, and then start spacing out WWS titles every Fall/Spring accordingly. Sony needs to space out gaming releases for PS4, some years were just full of too much awesomeness...

T-0800

He's released 2 games in 15 years and has been working that whole time. That's not exactly the kind of output a lot of devs are looking for, not matter how much talent someone has.

Sorry. I thought the sarcasm in my post would have been obvious. I'm not sure where he goes from here to be honest. Who would take him on?

Lemonte

Since Ueda left team ico would it be possible now for them to make sequel to shadow of the colossus? Or was it the whole team against making sequels or just Ueda?

Next gen shadow of the colossus would be AMAZING!

LordCanti

Since Ueda left team ico would it be possible now for them to make sequel to shadow of the colossus? Or was it the whole team against making sequels or just Ueda?

Next gen shadow of the colossus would be AMAZING!

Ico is a Shadow of the Colossus sequel.

I know what you meant, but noooo. That would be such a waste of talent. Any reason they could gin up for why the colossi were back would be awful.

Qvoth

Ico is a Shadow of the Colossus sequel.

I know what you meant, but noooo. That would be such a waste of talent. Any reason they could gin up for why the colossi were back would be awful.

i thought it's prequel? i mean since the main character in sotc i guess becomes the 1st of the horneds? it's such an old game do i need to spoilerify those?

Melchiah

It's actually unbelievable for a team to go through the longest console generation without actually releasing a game. Sony paid that team salaries for 7 years and they literally have nothing to show for it.

I'm torn between being angry that Sony allowed this disaster to happen, and still being secretly hopeful for a big payoff and another tremendous game by Team Ueda.

It makes me even more angry, that they closed Studio Liverpool, eventhough they delivered far more than "Team Ico".

Top Bottom