• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uh, I guess this is the official EGM thread now. Or something.

So I just received my October 2006 issue and i'm lucky i could even tell what it was because the front cover is torn to shreds and nearly falling off. How about you guys go back to putting your damn magazines in plastic when they ship out? When i go to a magazine place i see EGMs covered in plastic, I guess subscribers aren't good enough to receive our issues in good condition? Is .01 worth of plastic too much to spend? Obviously not when it comes to retail.

reddisgust.gif

Scores
Saint's Row: 8.0 | 8.0 | 7.0
NHL 07: 8.0 | 7.5 | 8.0
NHL 2K7: 6.0 | 6.5 | 6.5
Madden NFL 07: 7.5 | 8.5 | 7.0
Enchanted Arms: 7.5 | 5.5 | 6.5
Samurai Warriors 2: 3.5 | 4.0 | 6.0
NASCAR 07: 7.0 | 4.5 | 6.0
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy: 6.5 | 7.5 | 8.0
Xenosaga Episode III: 7.5 | 7.0 | 8.0
Yakuza: 6.0 | 8.5 | 8.5
Rule of Rose: 4.5 | 5.0 | 4.0
LocoRoco: 6.5 | 7.5 | 8.0
Rengoku II: The Stairway to H.E.A.V.E.N: 3.0 | 2.0 | 4.0 (Shame of the Month)
50 Cent Bulletproof G-Unit Edition: 4.0 | 5.5 | 4.0
Mario Hoops 3-on-3: 6.5 | 6.0 | 6.0
Star Fox Command: 6.0 | 6.5 | 7.0
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime: 7.0 | 8.5 | 8.5 (Game of the Month)
Megaman ZX: 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.5

Rumours
- EA developing a next-gen survival-horror title.
- Wii Sports will include over 30 different games.
- Several big-time third party publishers are giving up on the PSP.
- Sony may have talked Capcom into making Resident Evil 5 a PS3 exclusive... along with Dead Rising 2.
- Rez sequel coming to either the PS3 or Wii.
- Street Fighter IV coming out next year (2007)
- Square Enix is going to announce a "huge" DS game this fall: a strategy RPG based on Final Fantasy XIII.

Man, you get your issue early, I probably won't get mine for like 10+ more days. Anyway, yeah it sucks, it's happened to me a couple of times (although not ripped to shreds). Post Office probably deserves some blame too, they don't exactly handle with care.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I've had this issue with the OPM and EGM. I just assume it's because my sub is free.

The mags are crap anyway. The layouts are too busy, screen caps are small...

With DVDs in UK mags, you'll sometimes find that subscribers get them in paper wallets to save space and to post it cheaper, whilst ones in shops are in proper cases.

The plastic is more for preventing browsers from reading and ditching than protecting the magazine, no?

Himuro said:
What're you talking about? I usually get my EGM and OPM wayyyyyyyy after they're on the shelf.
Me too. :( Wasn't always like that with my EGM sub though, but its free, so I'm not complaining.

Tokubetsu

_leech_ said:
I guess subscribers aren't good enough to receive our issues in good condition? Is .01 worth of plastic too much to spend? Obviously not when it comes to retail.

reddisgust.gif

I've noticed that subscribers to magazines often get the shaft compared to those who buy from the shelves. PSM for instance, (IDK if they still do it, I'm no long subscribed) used to pack dvds with their magazine on the shelf...but wouldn't do it for subscribers.

Himuro said:
What're you talking about? I usually get my EGM and OPM wayyyyyyyy after they're on the shelf.
i usually get my EGM about 3 weeks after it hits stands
Tokubetsu said:
I've noticed that subscribers to magazines often get the shaft compared to those who buy from the shelves.
yeah, but it's hard to complain...does anyone here still actually PAY for EGM? :lol

Joe Molotov

_leech_ said:
When i go to a magazine place i see EGMs covered in plastic, I guess subscribers aren't good enough to receive our issues in good condition?

That's because people at the newsstands are paying $4.95 an issue, while you're paying...nothing, I hope.

Himuro said:
Well I'm just saying that he received his October issue in the mail already and I probably won't get it for over a week, is that weird? Mass Effect was the September issue.

Joe Molotov said:
That's because people at the newsstands are paying $4.95 an issue, while you're paying...nothing, I hope.

No, i pay. Free offers don't seem to work for me. But then again, i'm Canadian.

Ok, first post edited with review scores. No rumours this month, it seems.

Wait, there are rumours, the section was just moved further back.

Shawn

Banned
::looks at review scores::

Another month, more sh*tty games.

::sigh::

Looks like we'll have to wait closer to the holdiays before the AAA-quality games start rolling in.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
NHL2k7.....My old friend why have you fallen so? You were once the best hockey game and now look at you. You're all washed up. Please tell me, what the hell happened to you? I once thought Madden was the only game that could actually get worse, but my how you showed them.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Wow. Some real shitty scores on big titles this month. Urge to buy Yakuza (and Loco Roco, Lego Star Wars II, Rule of Rose) dropping.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime: 7.0 | 8.5 | 8.5 (Game of the Month)

Lowest GOTM score ever?

Angelcurio

I guess i am screwed as well since i always receive my magazines in the week of the 14 of each month, and now i am seeing that they are available this early while i will have to wait for two more weeks to receive it. The saddests part of all this is that i am i subscriber.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Geek said:
Lowest GOTM score ever?

I remember some snowmobile game for psone getting mediocre scores and game of the month.

- Rez sequel coming to either the PS3 or Wii.

They just wanted to see an argument.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Himuro said:
How is 6.0,8.5,8.5 low?

The only low thing was 6.0, and the two other reviewers agree it's a pretty damn good game.

I'm used to seeing some higher scores (and consistency) in EGM's GOTM. Still getting DQ Rocket Slime, obviously, but it seems like slim pickin's.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Pastry said:
Simply seeing Contact and Megaman ZX reviewed makes me happy :) They'll both finally be here in two weeks.

Contact is delayed until October.
Square Enix is going to announce a "huge" DS game this fall: a strategy RPG based on Final Fantasy XIII.

So THAT'S what SE is doing next.

As for the scores, I try not to pay attention to EGM ones, but damn did they shit on everything this month. Yakuza, Loco Roco, Mario Hoops, Starfox, Megaman, Contact. This is going to be a long-ass thread.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
hmm I received this magazine like a week and a half ago... We are speaking about the one with Mass Effect on the cover correct?

Hmmm... less than thrilling scores for MegaMan, LocoRocco, Yakuza, (especially)
Rule of Rose, and Contact to a certain extent. Though as always, I'll have to play them for myself.

Top Bottom