• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Because the last hundred times this is happened in every MvC3-related thread, it's always been someone with an MK avatar coming in and saying "Now I'm not saying NRS is better or anything.." followed by the thread going the full speed into the "Is it really worth it?" conversation, that usually derails the thread for a good few hundred posts. A legitimate discussion point, and I'm not dogging you for speaking your mind, but we've been through it more times than necessary and it always ends horribly, ain't nothing personal.

I just got into this thread, and I just wanted to say that Capcom should take a lesson out of NRS' book on how to properly do DLC. You seen their shit? that's how you do it!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
He could only transform due to the crests. Since he disposes of the crests, he's just Firebrand. Maybe his ending or something will clear it up? Regardless, since I'm a huge fan of Demon's Crest, I like the idea of it being THE Firebrand. And he's named Firebrand, so I'll go with that.

I wonder if Firebrand and Arthur have anything unique said between them...

Has anyone confirmed exactly what happens when Firebrand uses his transform Hyper? I haven't seen enough extensive gameplay to get an idea of any differences.

Karsticles said:
I wonder if Firebrand and Arthur have anything unique said between them...
Arthur: "Stop swooping you mother fucker"

Firebrand: "LOL"

GuardianE said:
Has anyone confirmed exactly what happens when Firebrand uses his transform Hyper? I haven't seen enough extensive gameplay to get an idea of any differences.
Seth said something about "new charge attacks" while you're transformed. It wasn't very clear what he meant.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
I just got into this thread, and I just wanted to say that Capcom should take a lesson out of NRS' book on how to properly do DLC. You seen their shit? that's how you do it!
Freddy Kruger would be Tron-in-UMvC3 Tier.

Arthur: "Stop swooping you mother fucker"

Firebrand: "LOL"
Arthur: "Fuck fighting fair and square." *puts Gold Armor on pre-fight*

Supposedly new moves (Dante-style I guess?), but I haven't seen any. Those moves better be amazing, because the transformation doesn't last long. Hopefully they give it a cooler effect than turning white.

enzo_gt said:
Because the last hundred times this is happened in every MvC3-related thread, it's always been someone with an MK avatar coming in and saying "Now I'm not saying NRS is better or anything.." followed by the thread going the full speed into the "Is it really worth it?" conversation, that usually derails the thread for a good few hundred posts. A legitimate discussion point, and I'm not dogging you for speaking your mind, but we've been through it more times than necessary and it always ends horribly, ain't nothing personal.

Well that's not me at all. I actually forgot how to change your avatar so I've been stuck with this one. I'm just venting personal frustration. In all honesty, I'm a huge Vergil fanboy so I'll probably get it just based on that fact alone. Just pains me to spend 40 bucks to play as him as all. I think that's a reasonable gripe.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I hope Arthur bitches about having to go through the game twice.

Firebrand: The princess is another castle...beetch. *troll face*

I saw the post mentioning an 8 way dash for Morrigan and I nearly shit my pants. I knew it couldn't be right so I shrugged it off.

It'd be amazing if she had it though. She'd be as mobile as Magneto with soul sucking fireballs and flying twins lol.
TommyManberg said:
Well that's not me at all. I actually forgot how to change your avatar so I've been stuck with this one. I'm just venting personal frustration. In all honesty, I'm a huge Vergil fanboy so I'll probably get it just based on that fact alone. Just pains me to spend 40 bucks to play as him as all. I think that's a reasonable gripe.
Go to the User CP next to the NeoGAF logo. Click on edit avatar and then enter the URL of a static image that fits within the 100x120 size requirement. You can even upload it from your PC if you've go it there.

Replace that unseemly MK avatar with some nice Shinkiro art. }:)

DR2K said:
More requested than amazing characters such as firebrand and rocket raccoon.
I think more people wanted the Robert Englund version...The Jackie Earle Haley version is probably an equal or less amount of fan deamand than the characters you named.

It may come as a great surprise but fans of Guardians of the Galaxy/Ghosts and Goblins exist.

Toxicplatypus said:
I think more people wanted the Robert Englund version...The Jackie Earle Haley version is probably an equal or less amount of fan deamand than the characters you named.

It may come as a great surprise but fans of Guardians of the Galaxy/Ghosts and Goblins exist.

I'm a GnG fan. However, that doesn't mean I need anything more than Arthur in my fighting game. How about they give GnG a proper entry on XBL/PSN or something where people without a PSP can actually play and appreciate it? But that's neither here nor there... point was, as a fan of the GnG (and even Maximo games, to an extent), I don't feel that I need or want Firebrand in my fighting game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New Alternate colours: (each character gets 2 more ontop of their old 4 colours in vanilla, which may get tweaks)

Captain America
Deadpool
Dormammu
  • Strange Tales #146 outfit [Pic]
Dr. Doom
  • Future Foundation outfit [Pic]
  • Identity Wars outfit [Pic]
Ghost Rider
  • 90s Ghost Rider outfit [Pic]
Hawkeye
  • Original outfit [Pic]
  • Evil Hawkeye from Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems outfit [Pic]
Hulk
  • Classic, Modified Pants outfit [Pic]
  • Age of X outfit [Pic]
Iron Man
  • Evil Iron Man from Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems outfit [Pic]
Magneto
Phoenix [All outfits here]
  • X-Men Forever outfit [Tweaked old costume] [Pic]
  • New X-Men outfit [Tweaked old costume] [Pic]
  • 80's X-Factor outfit [Pic]
  • Age of Apocalypse outfit [Pic]
She-Hulk
  • Fantastic Four outfit [Pic]
Spider-Man
Wolverine
  • Evil Wolverine from Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems outfit [Pic]

For the life of me I could not track down the Dormammu costume's origin, so if someone knows, holla. Shout outs to spin for his work. If I'm missing anything, lemme know.

Just like I said it. I had just finished playing Chrono Trigger back in the early 90s, and I went to my local used game store to ask what else there was like it - Trigger was my first RPG. The guy sold me Final Fantasy III (VI) and Demon's Crest. Okay, so Demon's Crest is absolutely nothing like Chrono Trigger, but it was a great game. I had no knowledge of GnG, just Demon's Crest. It wasn't until MvC3 that I knew they were connected in some way. ;-)

Have any changes to Arthur been noticed yet? Been kinda curious, I like him but the game isn't very kind to him.
As you can imagine, not many people pick him. The only thing directly noticed is that his j.S is more of a "dive" attack, making it more effective and easier to combo from.

For the life of me I could not track down the Dormammu costume's origin, so if someone knows, holla. Shout outs to spin for his work. If I'm missing anything, lemme know.
Someone somewhere said it was from his first ever comic appearance.

corrosivefrost said:
I'm a GnG fan. However, that doesn't mean I need anything more than Arthur in my fighting game. How about they give GnG a proper entry on XBL/PSN or something where people without a PSP can actually play and appreciate it? But that's neither here nor there... point was, as a fan of the GnG (and even Maximo games, to an extent), I don't feel that I need or want Firebrand in my fighting game.
I guess firebrand game fans would have been more astute, Although I understand your thoughts.

Clipse

Nice work enzo! Was wondering what FF Spidey looked like in-game, but was too lazy to skim through recorded stream videos. Liking a lot of the new alts so far, but wish they could have somehow added the spikes to Evil Iron Man's helmet and shoulders

Dai101

Banned
enzo_gt said:

I've heard it's from Dorm's first ever apperance

Solune

enzo_gt said:
Strange Tales #146

Dahbomb

TommyManberg said:
I'm sorry but I've got to say this; please don't buy this shit. Seriously. This is such a massive ripoff for people who bought the original. Don't reward Capcom for fucking you with a razor sharp dildo. We can't accept shit like this from devs.
I am sorry but I gotta say this to YOU Mr. TommyManberg.

If you are a DMC3 fan, then you are getting UMVC3 day 1. ;) Which I know you still are...

I bought the DMC3SE for $20 just so I could play with Vergil. If I get to play with Dante, Strider and Vergil at once in one game, that's money well spent.

LOL @ Karst not having played GnG. Oh lol... he will go from loving Firebrand to having a burning hatred passion against him if he played GnG. I want Firebrand in the game so I can inflict the same nightmare on someone else.

shaowebb

The More I look at Ghost Rider the more certain I am that he will be useful in making other characters more awesome.

I'm hoping when he is out I can use his "get over here" chain move that pulls them closer in conjunction with She-Hulk's clothesline. If I can pop her and then do the move to force them into her clothesline then I'll have a dizzy state making them free to combo or dizzy state. That assist would be good save for the fact that its so vulnerable. I'm hoping his chain grab can tie them up long enough to make it safe but not so long as to make it whif. If this doesn't work I am betting she could at least use her torpedo to have some fun.

On the flipside She-Hulk with ghost rider chain assist keeps them blocking long enough to pop a slide and that allows you to be close enough to actually lamp post them( if there is time for that move or if you could cancel into it). If nothing else you can at least use chain assist to guarantee yourself a way to get inside.

She-Hulk with Ghost rider Hellfire may work like Gustav used to for her. Depends on its properties. If nothing else doesn't he have a second version as his last assist that is an OTG version. Makes her torpedo combo simpler. I'll have to check the damage to know if its worth the trade off, though since it wasn't really too hard to do anyway.

She Hulk's dropkick combo ends with them on the ground. DHC into Ghostrider bike hyper should connect and that can be wheelied to lift them from his character trailer at the end. Perhaps its a DHC that many could use to extend combos further. Also if he has that ground hellfire as an OTG assist it may be usable after She-Hulk's dropkick hyper to reset it, but I don't know if it lifts them up for a relaunch or if its even an assist.

The only way that last series of ideas wouldn't work is if her dropkick hyper's last hit is considered an OTG making him whif, but the idea of him extending other hypers that end on the ground by doing DHC bike hyper into wheelie lift combo could very well work out for an easy 800k+ dhc combo for a lot of characters. It all depends on wheelie properties and if you have used an OTG already.

So hype...I NEED THE LAB O_O

smurfx

get some go again
if you love mvc3 i don't see how you cannot get it the 1st day. only way i don't get it the first day will be if something important comes up or i have to work and can't get to the store.

You know what would had been a megaton announcement for MVC?

Cyrax (or Sektor) was in the game. Him flying around, teleporting, throwing bombs and nets. He would actually animate properly. Sweet.

Sorry, just watched the last episode of the MK legacy web series and it got to me....

ThatCrazyGuy said:

Cyrax (or Sektor) was in the game. Him flying around, teleporting, throwing bombs and nets. He would actually animate properly. Sweet.

Sorry, just watched the last episode of the MK legacy web series and it got to me....
So your dream get is for a character in Marvel Vs. Capcom that is neither Marvel nor Capcom and in fact is owned by a company that makes D.C. games

DRE Fei

Level 3 x factor still looks really strong in this game. I guess they didn't want to nerf it to the point where it wasn't noticeable. At least phoenix is more fair now with the one action per jump.

ShockingAlberto said:
So your dream get is for a character in Marvel Vs. Capcom that is neither Marvel nor Capcom and in fact is owned by a company that makes D.C. games

Yes (I'm crazy). Mario and Sonic can make sweet game love together, so can they. Plus there have been plenty of Marvel/DC crossover comics.

Maybe one day they would come together for a game!

That's not my dream get though. Mine is a transformer, probably Bayformer Optimus to stay current. He has a shit load of guns and energon shields and axes for his moves.

Plus he has his flight mode get-up. That could be his level 3 XF, or a power up mode like Firebrand.

My ultimate game get is a brand new Cyberbots in the MVC3 engine.

And.....

white costume Spidey is awesome. I just watched that FF4 cartoon last night on cable. It would be cool for Dr. Doom to have his costume from that too. (I didn't like the show though, heh)

Chavelo

ThatCrazyGuy said:

That would be pretty sweet, actually...

Oh how I wish SF X MK would be real somehow... the ultimate pipe dream. :-/

Beth Cyra

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Yes (I'm crazy). Mario and Sonic can make sweet game love together, so can they. Plus there have been plenty of Marvel/DC crossover comics.

Maybe one day they would come together for a game!

That's not my dream get though. Mine is a transformer, probably Bayformer Optimus to stay current. He has a shit load of guns and energon shields and axes for his moves.
Plus he has his flight mode get-up. That could be his level 3 XF, or a power up mode like Firebrand.

My ultimate game get is a brand new Cyberbots in the MVC3 engine.

And.....

white costume Spidey is awesome. I just watched that FF4 cartoon last night on cable. It would be cool for Dr. Doom to have his costume from that too. (I didn't like the show though, heh)
Dear god, you are crazy.

shaowebb

Any Thor players looking at that full screen Ghost Rider assist and getting any ideas? Gods Beard I am looking at you here.

Busaiku

ShockingAlberto said:
Why can't we have Superman.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
I am sorry but I gotta say this to YOU Mr. TommyManberg.

If you are a DMC3 fan, then you are getting UMVC3 day 1. ;) Which I know you still are...

I bought the DMC3SE for $20 just so I could play with Vergil. If I get to play with Dante, Strider and Vergil at once in one game, that's money well spent.

LOL @ Karst not having played GnG. Oh lol... he will go from loving Firebrand to having a burning hatred passion against him if he played GnG. I want Firebrand in the game so I can inflict the same nightmare on someone else.
Prepare for a heart attack Dahbomb: I bought DMC4 new for for $1 and couldn't play more than an hour of it before being bored as hell.

shaowebb said:
The More I look at Ghost Rider the more certain I am that he will be useful in making other characters more awesome.

I'm hoping when he is out I can use his "get over here" chain move that pulls them closer in conjunction with She-Hulk's clothesline. If I can pop her and then do the move to force them into her clothesline then I'll have a dizzy state making them free to combo or dizzy state. That assist would be good save for the fact that its so vulnerable. I'm hoping his chain grab can tie them up long enough to make it safe but not so long as to make it whif. If this doesn't work I am betting she could at least use her torpedo to have some fun.

On the flipside She-Hulk with ghost rider chain assist keeps them blocking long enough to pop a slide and that allows you to be close enough to actually lamp post them( if there is time for that move or if you could cancel into it). If nothing else you can at least use chain assist to guarantee yourself a way to get inside.

She-Hulk with Ghost rider Hellfire may work like Gustav used to for her. Depends on its properties. If nothing else doesn't he have a second version as his last assist that is an OTG version. Makes her torpedo combo simpler. I'll have to check the damage to know if its worth the trade off, though since it wasn't really too hard to do anyway.

She Hulk's dropkick combo ends with them on the ground. DHC into Ghostrider bike hyper should connect and that can be wheelied to lift them from his character trailer at the end. Perhaps its a DHC that many could use to extend combos further. Also if he has that ground hellfire as an OTG assist it may be usable after She-Hulk's dropkick hyper to reset it, but I don't know if it lifts them up for a relaunch or if its even an assist.

The only way that last series of ideas wouldn't work is if her dropkick hyper's last hit is considered an OTG making him whif, but the idea of him extending other hypers that end on the ground by doing DHC bike hyper into wheelie lift combo could very well work out for an easy 800k+ dhc combo for a lot of characters. It all depends on wheelie properties and if you have used an OTG already.

So hype...I NEED THE LAB O_O
DAMN son, now this kind of theorizing going on right here, this shit is Mahvel. Bolded setups sound sick. I want to see these in action. The wheelie of Ghost Rider's motorcycle OTG is definitely awesome and puts you in prime position to follow up with other OTGs.

Nose Master

TommyManberg said:
I'm sorry but I've got to say this; please don't buy this shit. Seriously. This is such a massive ripoff for people who bought the original. Don't reward Capcom for fucking you with a razor sharp dildo. We can't accept shit like this from devs.

You're right, dude. I shouldn't spend $40 to get another 300 hours of playtime out of this. I'm going to go buy some other quality titles, that I'll get about 8 hours out of for $60.

Any official confirm/deny on Haggar's trash cans? I feel like it's 1995 again with these goddamn rumors, haha.

shaowebb

Busaiku said:
Why can't we have Superman.

Honestly a DC vs Marvel game would be pretty damned awesome and I dream of it daily. The problem isn't with how down with it DC or Marvel would be, though. Those guys have been down with crossovers for decades.

The problem is that the game rights to these universes and there characters belong to Warner Bros and maybe Disney since they own Marvel now. Capcom has been allowed to go to town with Marvel and is definitely who I would want handling the game, but WB has their own team making fighters with Nether Realms who made MK.

Regardless of whether or not all the rights owners would agree to some kind of a contract between them allowing a crossover versus game to be made the problem lies in just who would be the developing studio. WB is out to make a big name for themselves in games now so they may not let go of development to another studio, Capcom is doing MVC but Disney is really pushing hard toward creating a future in games...and I am not talking about Warren Spector. I'm an animation student with a lot of job info and Disney is up to something right now and it doesn't sound like its for Warren's studio. It definitely isn't for Epic Mickey or SE's Kingdom Hearts is all I know about there job postings.

So that means you have to juggle WB game studios, Capcom trying to do another Versus game, and potentially Disney opted to say they wanna throw there hat in somehow and run with this.

The game could be negotiated. Its actually something I foresee eventually happening.

The problem is that DC vs Marvel is going to be a very VERY hard thing to negotiate development rights for unless you go the same route as SFxTekken did by agreeing to also allow Namco to make Tekken x SF.

I'd be down for this myself. Hell I've written up design bibles on potential movesets for cast, frame advantages, hit properties and all the rest of the technical shit...its just gonna be tricky to get it to happen and to then get it pleasing enough for all sides.

Here's hoping, and I'd like to do a super theory fighter DC vs Marvel thread someday, but I just don't see us getting this wish soon.

If it does though I hope for Capcom to handle the game. DC is so beam and projectile happy I just dont see it working MK style. MK vs DC needed more insane move animations than punch kick standard fare. I know its a different team who did that than current MK, but the point still stands that the character's abilities would play out better in a manner similar to how Capcom handles things from basic moves on through to hypers in terms of attention to how the character is meant to fight given their power sets. Green lantern is not a punch kick guy. His normals need green man.

Dai101

Banned
I was reading something in a old school page and saw this:

hbqTl.jpg

They HAVE to do something related between Arthur and Firebrand

shaowebb said:
Honestly a DC vs Marvel game would be pretty damned awesome and I dream of it daily. The problem isn't with how down with it DC or Marvel would be, though. Those guys have been down with crossovers for decades.

The problem is that the game rights to these universes and there characters belong to Warner Bros and maybe Disney since they own Marvel now. Capcom has been allowed to go to town with Marvel and is definitely who I would want handling the game, but WB has their own team making fighters with Nether Realms who made MK.
Isn't that just a recent thing though? A Marvel/DC crossover has been wanted since forever. And there's no way NR with their shitty animations should be allowed anywhere near a proper fighting game.

shaowebb said:
Hell I've written up design bibles on potential movesets for cast, frame advantages, hit properties and all the rest of the technical shit
. . . wut? Why?

I always thought we'd never see MvDC game because they'd argue over who would be stronger in game. Against video game characters it's whatever, but against your economic rivals there's pride on the line, or something. It'd be cool if it happened, though I wouldn't want Capcom doing it. They'd be the best choice for it, sadly, but the things they've been doing lately, ehhh.

shaowebb said:

Regardless of whether or not all the rights owners would agree to some kind of a contract between them allowing a crossover versus game to be made the problem lies in just who would be the developing studio. WB is out to make a big name for themselves in games now so they may not let go of development to another studio, Capcom is doing MVC but Disney is really pushing hard toward creating a future in games...and I am not talking about Warren Spector. I'm an animation student with a lot of job info and Disney is up to something right now and it doesn't sound like its for Warren's studio. It definitely isn't for Epic Mickey or SE's Kingdom Hearts is all I know about there job postings.

So that means you have to juggle WB game studios, Capcom trying to do another Versus game, and potentially Disney opted to say they wanna throw there hat in somehow and run with this.

The game could be negotiated. Its actually something I foresee eventually happening.

The problem is that DC vs Marvel is going to be a very VERY hard thing to negotiate development rights for unless you go the same route as SFxTekken did by agreeing to also allow Namco to make Tekken x SF.

I'd be down for this myself. Hell I've written up design bibles on potential movesets for cast, frame advantages, hit properties and all the rest of the technical shit...its just gonna be tricky to get it to happen and to then get it pleasing enough for all sides.

Here's hoping, and I'd like to do a super theory fighter DC vs Marvel thread someday, but I just don't see us getting this wish soon.

If it does though I hope for Capcom to handle the game. DC is so beam and projectile happy I just dont see it working MK style. MK vs DC needed more insane move animations than punch kick standard fare. I know its a different team who did that than current MK, but the point still stands that the character's abilities would play out better in a manner similar to how Capcom handles things from basic moves on through to hypers in terms of attention to how the character is meant to fight given their power sets. Green lantern is not a punch kick guy. His normals need green man.

I hope NRS isn't tasked with doing a DC heroes game again. The DC guys didn't feel like any special or anything in their engine. They just felt like MK dudes with DC skins. I didn't feel powerful or had any fun using them.

I hope in the future if anything, maybe Capcom could do a stand alone DC universe/justice league fighting game. But DC probably wants to do it in house, so who knows. They will screw it up, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom