• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Onemic

Sony has to step in with their own 1st party studio or get Capcom to handle fixing the port directly. These OtherOcean dudes can't be trusted. If these problems don't get sorted before EVO.....whelp

Would this come back to blaming Capcom for choosing OtherOcean to port this? They hardly have a track record worth mentioning.

Indeed it would. Capcom holds some responsibility for choosing a port-house that obviously couldn't handle the game, not providing adequate support, and allowing this thing to go out the door like it did. Sony too.

Its called Third Party Production and they are under Sony for doing ports and stuff. They fucked up big time, the guy who runs it as head hasn't posted on Twitter. Mike Ross cancelled this weeks Capcom Talk and Combofiend is nowhere to be seen. Shit is going down and they are running away with the child support money.

Let's call CORN and have them go in with some baseball bats!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm honestly terribly surprised by all of this. Hell, they even had "no input lag!" as one of their bullet-points in the game's description!

Shameless, Capcom and Sony. That's not a good way to build goodwill for SFV.

Dubz

Can someone post a list of bugs, glitches, and shit that makes this unplayable please? I played about an hour with a friend and the only thing that caught my attention was the slow as fuck menu navigation.

MCC and AC:unity had an apology for fucked up launches with future DLC. Sony/Capcom will need to come up with something else for this I guess.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Indeed it would. Capcom holds some responsibility for choosing a port-house that obviously couldn't handle the game, not providing adequate support, and allowing this thing to go out the door like it did. Sony too.

Funny thing is that they're are going to get away with this and just release a patch a month later.

Let's call CORN and have them go in with some baseball bats!

Finally, they can be useful.

Sinistral

Ugh was really looking forward to getting this today... Will hold off for now. Really disappointed.

post-31569-Kevin-Sorbo-disappointed-gif-I-fIWO.gif

zlatko

Banned
100% glad I said no way jose' to buying this day one.

WAY too many fucked up online games these days. You'd have to be a die hard or a nim rod at this point to throw money at developers; ESPECIALLY on these ports from nobodyknowswhothefuckwearegamecompany#9999.

Run the 360 version at events. It's the only version without real issues. Everything else is a turd.

End of.

qcf x2

This is beyond embarrassing. Rainbow Edition returns. It's like that time I played Street Fighter 5 on a 50-in-1 bootleg cartridge from Taiwan or something on the original Gameboy, back in '97 or so. That was probably coded by some 12 year olds stoned out of their minds. This probably was ported under similar circumstances. Shout out to the posters who called this a week or two ago btw.

And those saying Capcom isn't to blame, well, not directly, but Street Fighter is absolutely their product, and their name is on it. Capcom, Sony and whatever clowns ported the game all share the blame, because either nobody playtested it or they just didn't care. Really bad PR for Capcom, who was building a nice buzz in anticipation for SFV. Those who know won't consider this a slight against SFV's expected quality, but you bet the casuals will. Awful timing to lay an egg.

Has there been any response at all from the studios/companies responsible?

Dahbomb

Idk but maybe you can demand for a refund cause the game is unfinished/broken.
I think at this point you have a good case for a law suit considering they blatantly said they would remove the input lag and make this game "tournament ready". They have not only failed to deliver on that front but they managed to make things even worse.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Glad I wasn't at home to impulse buy this at least. This should have been a simple ass port, did they rush to try and get it out before Evo or something?

Afrikan

Dammit I should've visited GAF before buying this an hour ago...figured that it would ready for me to play by the time I got home. But nope, still downloading.

is there anyway to get my money back. I'd hate to use my get out of jail card with Sony on a $25 game. :/

blackflag

Should have waited but I bought the second it went up. Haven't found a good game yet and controls ore horribly leggy online even with the 1 green bar match I found.

vulva

This probably sounds stupid, but whenever any of you come across a weird bug it'd be good if you can post what kind of stuff happened prior to the bug as well. Having worked through the bug fix process before, repro steps and videos of more than just the big in action definitely help a lot and I know that Sony/Capcom/Other Ocean have their eyes on this thread.

farisr

For folks that don't have it wanting a good quality video, showing how it looks here's mine, 1080p/60fps.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9canevs9tmckazn/

Just an arcade mode runthrough with Ryu with a little bit of the training stage at the end. Forgive the crappy play, been a while since I played, first time playing a fighter with the ps4 controller, and I'm not familiar with the changes that happened in ultra (seem to be whiffing some moves that I remember being able to connect before, or maybe I'm misremembering those moves connecting, or maybe I just suck, LOL). Glitch free though.

If you want to look at the training stage's AF issues, skip to the end.

Man those bugs in the other vids... wow...

Cleve

This probably sounds stupid, but whenever any of you come across a weird bug it'd be good if you can post what kind of stuff happened prior to the bug as well. Having worked through the bug fix process before, repro steps and videos of more than just the big in action definitely help a lot and I know that Sony/Capcom/Other Ocean have their eyes on this thread.

QAGAF on the case. Where do I fill out my W-4?

Just salty. I was really excited for this. :(

Biker19

Banned
Well, that explains it. Backbone strikes from the grave.

High Voltage has nothing on these guys.

I remember that Digital Eclipse/Backbone Entertainment did such collections like Midway Arcade Treasures 1-3, Capcom Classics Collection: Volumes 1 & 2 on PS2, Original Xbox, (as well as CCC: Remixed & CCC: Reloaded on PSP) & Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3 & Xbox 360. Plus they did other ports such as "X-Men: The Arcade Game" & "The Simpsons" Arcade game on PS3 & Xbox 360.

Full list below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backbone_Entertainment#Ports
http://web.archive.org/web/20061025144431/http://www.digitaleclipse.com/live/main/mainde38.html?v=pi

it seems like people are finding this stuff quickly. i.e. they knew and kicked it out the door anyway.

vulva

it seems like people are finding this stuff quickly. i.e. they knew and kicked it out the door anyway.

That's great, but there are numerous factors that can lead to the bug happening. This isn't about Sony/Other Ocean not knowing that the game has bugs, rather seeing the repro steps can lead to a better understanding of what's causing the issue and being able to isolate/fix it.

AAK

A game with this insane amount of errors has no chance of getting completely patched by EVO. This is something that takes months of iterative checking and verification to fully iron out. Every bug and error they fix will give rise to other problems which then have to consecutively be patched. This game is probably 5-6 patches too early for tournament play.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Exclusive or not I can't trust Day One Console Releases no more and I'm glad I waited for impressions first because I'm interested in buying this once they patch the game properly.

Top Bottom