• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Cotrip

Sounds like released a month too early, but glad it's fixed.

So does this have all the latest costume packs?

I already have the game on PC but would like to also play it on my PS4 and if it has the costumes packs, I'll just get it.

Everything. All costumes, all colors and all prize titles are in the game.

Walpurgis

Banned
Stockholm Syndrome abound in this thread. You're seriously applauding a company for fixing a game that they sold to you as shit, knowing it was shit?

You shouldn't be rewarded for doing what's expected of you.
I think it is because people didn't expect it as it is pretty uncommon in this industry.

Arttemis

Whoa, so everything seems to be addressed. AF & AA, better looking effects, fixed input lag, and the bells and whistles? First sale, I'm grabbing this!

HykCraft

Neo Member
Sounds like released a month too early, but glad it's fixed.

So does this have all the latest costume packs?

I already have the game on PC but would like to also play it on my PS4 and if it has the costumes packs, I'll just get it.

Yeah it includes all costume packs, but Capcom stated they plan to release more costume packs for the game.. no word on when.

Whoa, so everything seems to be addressed. AF & AA, better looking effects, fixed input lag, and the bells and whistles? First sale, I'm grabbing this!

Yep pretty much and now I'm not sure what else is left to be fixed. They even fixed the low-res UI of the character icon/titles which I'm happy about. AA + AF were just icing on the cake, as now it looks like the PC version maxed out!

No one is managing anything and I really dont appreciate that accusation. :/

Sony still deserve criticism for releasing a game in a beta state, so it's not "the end". The fact that the game was fixed relatively quickly just makes it worse, since a short delay would have completely prevented this situation.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So on the topic of the game, does quick match work reliably for anyone else? I've never had it work. I always go to ranked and search custom matches and then just pick the person at the top of the list as fast as I can and it usually works. Also, the connection quality indicators never stop flashing for me. Is that a common issue?

Everything. All costumes, all colors and all prize titles are in the game.

Yeah, has every DLC so far released.

Yeah it includes all costume packs, but Capcom stated they plan to release more costume packs for the game.. no word on when.

Beautiful.

Okay, this is put on my to buy list when I have time and money again since I never did buy any of the costume packs, I mean I did buy the game like 4 times already with vanilla Street Fighter 4 PS3, Super PS3, and then Super again on PC and then bought the Ultra upgrade!

I'm so bad at Street Fighter, but I love this series.

So on the topic of the game, does quick match work reliably for anyone else? I've never had it work. I always go to ranked and search custom matches and then just pick the person at the top of the list as fast as I can and it usually works. Also, the connection quality indicators never stop flashing for me. Is that a common issue?

Yeah, same for me and as far as I know all of those are common issues that exist in other versions as well.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yeah, same for me and as far as I know all of those are common issues that exist in other versions as well.

Cool.

I will say that the skill-based matchmaking seems to work pretty well, at least judging by my 51% win rate. I rarely feel like I'm getting completely destroyed nor do I feel like I'm beating up on a complete newbie.

And also, despite the indicators not working right, green quality connections feel about the same as local play, so I'm impressed with that for sure.

Magnus

Great to hear that this is rapidly becoming the definitive version, yes? (for regular players like me, not seriously high-end tournament folk)

What's the input lag like now, though? That is ONE area I'm still sensitive to.

Great to hear that this is rapidly becoming the definitive version, yes? (for regular players like me, not seriously high-end tournament folk)

It's fine. Comparable to the xbox 360 version.

Same as 360 version, bar 0.2 frames. 360 is 5.1 ps4 is 5.4 iirc.

Anyone here play it and want a few games? European here.

Grimløck;171113519 said:
i'm playing right now from the states. lag is probably going to be shit. add me if you wanna try.

stray_dog_strut

I'll be on in a bit, i'll add you then. I can get yellow bars to some people in the US with minimal lag so it might be okay.

Mr. X

I'm dying at people praising them for fixing a product that didn't work as advertised when they released it.

Look how low expectations have sunk. It's totally not ok they released it as they did. It should be expected they fix it and not leave people with a subpar product.

mollipen

i dont have this game, but they seriously didnt change the press start option? good lord what a lazy initial port

From the patch notes on the PlayStation blog:

* Note that “Press Start” isn’t a bug — it was originally left in intentionally as a tribute to Street Fighter IV’s arcade roots, but due to players’ requests, we have changed it to “Press Options.”

I don't know, for something like that, that comment makes more sense than them just being lazy about it. I appreciate why they did what they initially did in that regard, but too many people (me included, to be fair) indeed thought it was a huge oversight.

* Note that “Press Start” isn’t a bug — it was originally left in intentionally as a tribute to Street Fighter IV’s arcade roots, but due to players’ requests, we have changed it to “Press Options.”

I don't know, for something like that, that comment makes more sense than them just being lazy about it. I appreciate why they did what they initially did in that regard, but too many people (me included, to be fair) indeed thought it was a huge oversight.

It's the most dumb ass thing to complain about in my opinion.

I saw those fixes and was immediately ready to go get the game but I have this suspicious feeling it'll be on sale soon or around Evo time.

Loudninja

Heh I have no problems with it either way its not like I am going to get confused :p

Some game just say press any button.

Bloodrage

Banned
I'm dying at people praising them for fixing a product that didn't work as advertised when they released it.

Look how low expectations have sunk. It's totally not ok they released it as they did. It should be expected they fix it and not leave people with a subpar product.
Doesn't change the fact that they fixed a fuck-load of issues in what seems like record time, and those of you still dwelling on the initial product need to get over it sooner than later. We get it, it released like shit. The shit is no longer there. Still not happy? You're the problem now.

I don't need to work for Sony to work that one out myself.

Gamespawn

Well, for me, fighting games never felt authentic unless they had "Press Start" at the title. I remember CSNK2 on GC having press A or something and hating it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

To be fair to their thinking process... "Press Options" sounds really stupid!!

KingBroly

Banned
Doesn't change the fact that they fixed a fuck-load of issues in what seems like record time, and those of you still dwelling on the initial product need to get over it sooner than later. We get it, it released like shit. The shit is no longer there. Still not happy? You're the problem now.

Considering how badly they released it, having it pulled from the biggest events of the year is something they're not going to get back, regardless of how fast they fixed it. They fucked up. They don't deserve praise for it not being what they claimed it would be, especially when that version was supposed to be a stepping stone towards the next game over the next 6-8 months.

JoshHood

It's the most dumb ass thing to complain about in my opinion.
No-one was complaining about it, it was just seen as exemplary of how shoddy the port was (before people knew this was the intention). Maybe if Sony had actually talked about the game before release than hiding it out, we might have even known titbits like that.

vg260

What do you mean? If they had had enough time to fix the game it wouldn't have shipped broken.

It's not impossible they had enough time, or promised delivery in what they thought they could pull off, but couldn't produce results. We don't know for sure.

Bloodrage

Banned
Considering how badly they released it, having it pulled from the biggest events of the year is something they're not going to get back, regardless of how fast they fixed it. They fucked up. They don't deserve praise for it not being what they claimed it would be, especially when that version was supposed to be a stepping stone towards the next game over the next 6-8 months.
Everyone knows they fucked up by now. Other Ocean's rep is very much fucked until they can redeem themselves in the future. What matters right now is that as far as this release goes, they've fixed it. But it appears some people still feel the need to keep beating the dead horse even when the issues are no longer there. I didn't buy it until the fixes were put in place. Obviously they fucked up and I saw it. But even I'll admit that currently, it makes more sense to show them at least a little bit of respect. It's over. Either way, Sony fucked themselves on this as well. But it's not hard to understand why people have moved on.

Swarna

Seems like it was just an Arkham Knight PC situation where they released an unfinished game and hoped no one would notice (lol).

KingBroly

Banned
Everyone knows they fucked up by now. Other Ocean's rep is very much fucked until they can redeem themselves in the future. What matters right now is that as far as this release goes, they've fixed it. But it appears some people still feel the need to keep beating the dead horse even when the issues are no longer there. I didn't buy it until the fixes were put in place. Obviously they fucked up and I saw it. But even I'll admit that currently, it makes more sense to show them at least a little bit of respect. It's over. Either way, Sony fucked themselves on this as well. But it's not hard to understand why people have moved on.

I'm not saying Sony doesn't deserve fault with this, because they do, but I refuse to praise anyone for fixing a product that they released broken. I'm not praising WB for pulling the ass that is Arkham Knight on PC and them fixing that, nor am I doing it for them fixing MK X on PC. Broken products being fixed don't deserve kudos, plain and simple. They deserve a giant "Why did you release it broken in the first place?"

to be honest, I don't play my ps4 much and when I saw "press start" I didn't know what to do for a minute ( I was trying to push start on my fightstick). haha.

Mr. X

They don't get a cookie or a pat on the back when there are other titles out there working as advertised on release.

They weren't doing "us" a favor fixing it, they were fixing the errors in a job someone paid them to do.

Yeah. I can see why they wanted to match 360 since that's the tournament standard and what most people are used to, but now that it's clear the PS4 version won't be used at tourneys or Pro Tour events, then by all means make it as lag-free as possible.

A lot of our more competitive players have wondered how the USFIV version of PS4 will affect them and the tour. To that we'd like to advise that the integrity of the Capcom Pro Tour is a top priority for us and we will continue to work with tournament organizers worldwide to ensure that the highest quality event will be run. Each region will maintain its current hardware standard for the remainder of the 2015 Capcom Pro Tour until otherwise announced. We will keep you updated as to when the PS4 version of USFIV will be integrated into the Pro Tour.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/05/27/usfiv-on-ps4-out-today-update

EVO and CEO were so close at the time of the PS4's versions release that it made sense for them to just lock in with the 360 version so they could get everything organized.

Mbrill82

I bought the game day one and THEN heard about all the problems it had and my heart sank. Killed any desire I had to play the game. But they fixed it. They fixed it QUICKLY all things considered. So yeah, it should have never released in the state it did but I still give them props for their handling of it. That's just me, I totally get why some people still have very negative feelings about the whole thing. I'm still just happy to have so many high quality fighting games on home consoles haha.

I'm glad to see yet another patch released so quickly. Maybe if they had delayed the release it would still be a part of EVO.

The graphics look much better after this patch. Way less blurry.

VashTS

do ps3 sticks still have problems with input lag?

Yes, PS3 sticks still have input delay. Greenbar online feels like yellowbar elsewhere.

The PS3 driver probably needs to be integrated differently.

Sound mix is still all sorts of jacked too.

Top Bottom