• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Um... Yay? Yahoo to increase email storage to 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manics

Banned
My yahoo email has already been upped to 2 gig cause I'm with Rogers Yahoo here in Canada. I don't need that much.

ElyrionX

My fucking hotmail is still stuck at 2MB!!!

WTF. Apparently, there is some trick to getting the hotmail account upgraded to 250MB. It involves changing the address under the account to a US one and something along that line but I'm too lazy to do it. And it's unfair as well. Why can't ALL hotmail users get an upgrade?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Yahoo blows. My account's been fucked up since they went from they had to now. Sending random e-mails to my inbox and sending the stuff I want to my spam box. Gmail is great, although I don't need a gig. It's organized and it's pretty much what and e-mail service should be, no frills.

And why is it still an invite only thing? Practically everybody has one.

spliced

I don't get why people would need so much space, I have 750 emails in my email box and it comes to a grand total of 5MB.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
That's cool. Yahoo has some nice integrated features that I'd like to take advantage off... the spam filter needs some adjusting though... again.

Iamthegamer said:
Sending random e-mails to my inbox and sending the stuff I want to my spam box.
Yeah Yahoo (and Hotmail) would send emails every so often touting some new feature. Thank goodness Google doesn't do that; they haven't bugged me since I signed up.

Teddman

Nice. I still like Yahoo Mail more than Google's offering... Losing folders in favor of "labels" and search features was a novel idea, but in practice I miss them.
ElyrionX said:
My fucking hotmail is still stuck at 2MB!!!
I have no clue how pay email services stay in business nowadays. Earthlink still caps accounts at a paltry 10MB (pay $5.95 a month for that?) and AOL Mail still deletes old mail in your inbox by default. I can't believe they continue to do that, it's absolutely archaic.
spliced said:
I don't get why people would need so much space, I have 750 emails in my email box and it comes to a grand total of 5MB.
Send pictures much? They'll take up space fast.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Could someone possibly pm me a Gmail invite? I've put off trying it for months but I think my curiousity has finally been piqued.

EDIT: Taken care of, gentlemen. (Three times over even. :))

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Gmail is fricking awesome.
The 1GB thingy is worthless to me - I'll never come close to filling even 10% of that...
..but the interface and search features are absolutely wonderful.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
heavy liquid said:
No doubt. I'm getting tired of receiving mail asking if I want to reffiiinancee my morttggage.

They were doing good with their filter a bit back... I don't know what happened.... meanwhile in my gmail account I get so few spam emails it's not even funny... kudos to gmail... whatever filtering software/policy/etc. they are using works VERY well.

Pochacco said:
The 1GB thingy is worthless to me - I'll never come close to filling even 10% of that...

Agreed. I made a fresh start with Gmail and I love it. Going to try to maintain it so that it doesn't become a spam filled biotch like Hotmail.

Prospero

The only time I get spam at my Gmail account is for a week or so after I send an invite to someone who's hit me up for one, and that person proceeds to practice unsafe netsurfing. But I think maybe three of all those spam messages actually found their way into my inbox--most got routed to the spam folder right off.

I haven't had a single piece of spam in a few months, though, in my inbox or my spam folder. It reminds me of when I first got an e-mail account, before spam was as omnipresent as it is today.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've got 250 at Yahoo, 250 at Hotmail, and 1000 at Gmail.

I won't say no to another 750 at Yahoo! :)

GG-Duo

Pochacco said:

free pop too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom