• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UMVC3: Phoenix Wright and Nova Revealed!

Bulzeeb

General Shank-a-snatch said:
Ye0qo.jpg

Here's a better screencap, sorry for the confusion. No more Captain Corridor. =[

yup so there are no chances of him appearing in any other game I guess and it seems the poor lil blue bomber is on the run fighting for his survival somewhere in this world... I hate you capcom :'(

mr. puppy

Banned
MEGA MAN INCOMING HATER TRAIN FALLS OF THE TRACKS
MEGA MAN INCOMING HATER TRAIN FALLS OF THE TRACKSMEGA MAN INCOMING HATER TRAIN FALLS OF THE TRACKSMEGA MAN INCOMING HATER TRAIN FALLS OF THE TRACKSMEGA MAN INCOMING HATER TRAIN FALLS OF THE TRACKS

dankir

nova7.jpg

YEAH BITCHES!!

Little disappointed with his hypers. Beam hyper, electric storm/ healing field and looks to be a maximum wesker with lots of invincibility too.

GALACTIC MARVEL IS HERE!!! Love his theme too!!

Bulzeeb said:
because Capcom likes to troll the Mega Man fan base
Clearly the only reason he's still free is because Capcom want the player to slay Mega Man themselves to truly hit the point home, it'll be part of mission mode

Morris

Disco Devil
PW sort of reminds me to Maori from Arcana, also the weapon mechanic or whatever that was.

If i get umvc3 i might ditch Iron Man for dat Nova.

Hahahahahahaha @ megaman

Kyoufu

Boney said:
because...?

This is just personal opinion but you have all these superheroes and fighters with strength etc and then some lawyer in a suit does combos these universe savers with his notepad? :lol

Yeah, it's a gimmick character, and a cool looking one but just doesn't fit in a fighting game IMO.

Listening to Nova's theme right now and I'm really digging it. :3
Bulzeeb said:
yup so there are no chances of him appearing in any other game I guess and it seems the poor lil blue bomber is on the run fighting for his survival somewhere in this world... I hate you capcom :'(
If this does mean what people think it does then the cast will be cut short by a severe amount. I don't even know how Capcom could replace both CapCom and Jin.
Kurtofan said:
Look at the other screenshot above your post.
Yeah, I see it now.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I've no problems with Nick's model or his fighting style - I would have loved to have seen another character in addition to Maya as a "helper" but that's OK. Also what people are missing is that his style is truly UNIQUE and that may make him very interesting to play. It's a bad idea to assume he's trash ahead of time just because his moves look like paper being thrown and stuff. What matters in the game are recovery frames, hit boxes, damage, etc. Dante could be armed with a giant lolipop and still be top tier.

My only two problems are that 1: his English voice actor is meh, and 2: I can't believe there's no lip sinking in his lvl 3 hyper... it looks HORRIBLE to have his mouth hanging open while the voice actor babbles on. I don't care if it's freeze frame - it looks really bad. Especially since they're so tight about lip synch for character intros and outros.

PW looks lame to me. Maybe he will play cool, but man, his moves look, hmmm. Lame. lol.

Nova looks cool. I wanna play him. I was expecting more though for some reason. I was expecting to get blown away by badass-ness.

I better keep my RR hopes in check.

ReXXXSoprano said:
This just made a whole lot of sense. Execpt for the garbage part. Norimaro was a fun character and Phoenix and Maya will be the same.

Guess we will have to argee to differ there.

I hate joke characters in FG in general, but Norimaro was one of the most offensive in recent memory. Phoenix seems to be the one to carry his legacy.

Id happily take the two sony cats and gon over this idiot.

SmithnCo

Kyoufu said:
This is just personal opinion but you have all these superheroes and fighters with strength etc and then some lawyer in a suit does combos these universe savers with his notepad? :lol

Yeah, it's a gimmick character, and a cool looking one but just doesn't fit in a fighting game IMO.

Chris and Frank are pretty much normal guys with have guns and baseball bats... Plus if this took canon strength into account Hulk would probably murder everyone.

Kyoufu said:

Did this opinion extend to every other Capcom VS. game or just MvC3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
These aren't my Miles Edgeworth 2 localizations!

Also I'm disappointed Maya gets to appear with Phoenix but no Edgeworth Cameo in his level 3 which is pretty awesome.

Xater

ThatCrazyGuy said:
PW looks lame to me. Maybe he will play cool, but man, his moves look, hmmm. Lame. lol.

Nova looks cool. I wanna play him. I was expecting more though for some reason. I was expecting to get blown away by badass-ness.

I better keep my RR hopes in check.

To late for that. making him one of the last reveals doesn't help. ^^

Boney

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
The Mega Man thing is straight up trolling and it is apparently working.
yeah surprised people are reacting like this, it's just some diplomacy to not get fans riled up

Kyoufu said:

but gimmick characters are the best characters!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man those Phoenix Wright hitboxes are going to be an ambiguous problem huh? People are so used to seeing the visual confirmation of a hit.

Nova theme is indeed top tier, I agree.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope to see Godot throwing coffee and Fransizka whipping the enemy.

Kurtofan

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Guess we will have to argee to differ there.

I hate joke characters in FG in general, but Norimaro was one of the most offensive in recent memory. Phoenix seems to be the one to carry his legacy.
Just because PW isn't a fighter and he does goofy stuff doesn't mean he's a joke character.

Banana Kid said:
Now that Nick's out of the way, LET'S ALL GET HYPE FOR THE FRANK WEST REVEAL!

COME ON!

WHY AREN'T YOU GETTING HYPE
I am hyped!

Jintor

SmithnCo said:
Chris and Frank are pretty much normal guys with have guns and baseball bats... Plus if this took canon strength into account Hulk would probably murder everyone.

Reality bends for Fighting Games, baby!

I'm a little hype for Frank. But moreso for Rocket.

MPC sucks so I can't take a screencap of the exact frame because it always skips to something else, w/e.

Slain:

Cyclops, Captain Commando, Marrow, Iceman, Jin, Cable, Sonson, Amingo.

Apprehended:

Colossus, Ruby, Gambit, Hayato, Psylocke, Rogue, B.B. Hood

Troll:

Mega Man

Tiduz

Eurogaime
lol @ the defenders, im allowed to have my opinion, gambit would have been a better slot.

Yes, i am bitter.

TDLink

Banana Kid said:
Now that Nick's out of the way, LET'S ALL GET HYPE FOR THE FRANK WEST REVEAL!

COME ON!

WHY AREN'T YOU GETTING HYPE

We already know how he is mostly going to be from TvC. Rocket Raccoon is the real last bastion of hype right now.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
No idea how Nova will be tier wise, but I'm maining him regardless. Looks like my kind of character. Blazing past projectiles with hypers like X-23, nice mobilty options and moves that feel like they have weight behind them.

Grecco

Kyoufu said:

Yes because the rest of the game is soooooooooooooooooo realistic right? Or any Capcom fighting game in general.

Dahbomb

Gonna make a run down of the characters in a bit after watching the NYCC trailer as well.

While it's safe to make assumptions on where Nova would be in the UMVC3 meta game... no one can make any conjectures on Phoenix Wright. I am not shitting people when I say that he could either be the best character in the game or the worst character in the game (or somewhere in between).

Another thing is that ALL those Wright leaks were pretty much true. Character cameo, evidence based power ups, "barrier" move and god tier LVL3.

Oh and Capcom's trolling is clearly working again. This thread is now more about MM than the actual reveals. GG Capcom GG.

Top Bottom