• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
LiK said:
We find out that Drake is related to Desmond.

Assassin's Creed x Uncharted: 2x Nolan North Edition
It's the only thing that makes sense. Assassin's Creed 3 will show us how the machine can access alternate dimensions too and will reveal that PoP'08 is also a former Desmond, in doing this it will drive him to madness, and to remedy this Lucy will take him for a walk in the woods but she'll be captured by an evil corporation and hidden in a shadowy complex.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hugbot said:
Oh, Mr. Drake.

I really, really need to play the first. The second was so god damn good, I want to see where it started before this comes out and makes it even harder to go back.

The first was really solid, the end is kind of funny and creepy too. Nothing like uncharted 2 though, maybe the best single player game ever.

I really miss the online mp in 2. My ps3 is dead but I will def buy a new one for uncharted 3.

wow so awesome, been replaying Uncharted 2 this week and just said to myself earlier today that I wish Uncharted 3 was coming out and now this news arrives!

Oh by the beard of zeus!

I bought Uncharted 2 at launch last year and it's still wrapped in cellophane. I have Uncharted and have never beat it.

Do I fail or WHAT?

LiK

MidnightScott said:
I bought Uncharted 2 at launch last year and it's still wrapped in cellophane. I have Uncharted and have never beat it.

Do I fail or WHAT?
Yes, FAIL

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Iram of the Pillars is a good choice for uncharted 3 ,Iram of the Pillars in jerico was fantastic

stupei

Great timing, I was just replaying through the first Uncharted last weekend.

Solo said:
I think the "every third year - 1998/2001/2004/2007/2010 - is amazing" rule will officially be broken next year, as if even half of the stuff scheduled for 2011 makes it, the year will destroy 2010. Actually, 2010 alone kinda breaks that rule, since I would argue 2009 was better.

But you would be wrong.

2011 will be better than 2010, though, if even half of what's scheduled comes out.

Empty

UrbanRats said:
What does "backward climbing" mean?

i've been trying to riddle that one too.

i think it's where you climb up a wall while facing the opposite direction to shoot at foes.

DangerStepp

LosDaddie said:
Nice!

I really need to finish Uncharted 2.
dr-gregory-house.gif

UrbanRats said:
What does "backward climbing" mean?
Round about way of saying 'repel'?

recklessmind said:
That was kind of a wordy way to say that I'm right.
Video game logic is sort of beyond scrutiny at this point. Attempting to be like a movie--which is markedly different--requires a different set of standards for believability. It's a minor point, but I suppose we're ultimately in agreement, although I don't know if B movie writing is necessarily high-grade, even if we're talking about games.

See how ND went back and addressed the issue in Uncharted 1 of baddies spawning in tombs and other previously unexplored areas when Drake was the first person to visit them. No competent film could allow for such a plot hole.

jred2k

Kilgore Trout said:
Uncharted aspires to be an cinematic experience, unlike most games, therefore it makes sense to view it not only in comparison to other games, but to the films it aspires to emulate. Find me an adventure film with such a grievous body count. I love the Uncharted series, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy pointing out some of its more ridiculous incongruities.

The difference is that an action movie only needs to fill roughly two hours of time. Uncharted on the other hand is a much longer experience so they need to fill it with battles. The alternatives are to have people bitching that the game is too short, or people will bitch that its boring because there aren't enough shooting sections.

jred2k said:
The difference is that an action movie only needs to fill roughly two hours of time. Uncharted on the other hand is a much longer experience so they need to fill it with battles. The alternatives are to have people bitching that the game is too short, or people will bitch that its boring because there aren't enough shooting sections.
I'm just pointing out that attempting to be like a film brings up other issues. I'm not saying that I have a problem with Uncharted 2, or that I don't love it. It's just that it isn't beyond nitpicking just because it's really well done.

DMeisterJ

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Fuck that, some of us have real life friends and would like to play together, thank you.

There will not be any split screen in Uncharted 3. ND strives for techical marvel when developing games, and Split-Screen is innately at odds with that, with having to render an area twice, etc. Don't get your hopes up for something that has little to no chance of happening.

DangerStepp

DMeisterJ said:
There will not be any split screen in Uncharted 3. ND strives for techical marvel when developing games, and Split-Screen is innately at odds with that, with having to render an area twice, etc. Don't get your hopes up for something that has little to no chance of happening.
I just noticed something... ND

Nathan Drake
Naughty Dog

O.O

StuBurns said:
UC2 goes downhill when they get to the twist, not finishing it is hardly a big deal.

The levels directly following the twist are some of the best in game (Especially Cat & Mouse). I think it does go downhill once you reach the Cathedral thing since it was becomes a bit too stealth focused which makes the checkpoints too far apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom