• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 Launch Trailer (Oct 18)

Duffyside

Banned
So people are freaking out over this trailer, but they've freaked out over almost everything U3 so far. But still, looks like people are REALLY pumped about this one.

So my question is; did they finally release a trailer that matched the U2 E3 trailer?

gibration

Duffyside said:
So people are freaking out over this trailer, but they've freaked out over almost everything U3 so far. But still, looks like people are REALLY pumped about this one.

So my question is; did they finally released a trailer that matched the U2 trailer?
The gamescom one? If so, then no.

EDIT: Eh, I like the gamescom trailer more than the E3 trailer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Finally brought myself to just watch the whole thing and it isn't that bad spoiler-wise. Most of the places I had already seen and there were only a few things I had not. It was akin to a movie trailer mostly.

Luthos

Best looking character models ever. Better faces than LA Noire, which I'd argue that the mouth movements in LA Noire looked a little funny. Sure they matched realistic movements, but the way they did just looked odd.

Luthos said:
Best looking character models ever. Better faces than LA Noire, which I'd argue that the mouth movements in LA Noire looked a little funny. Sure they matched realistic movements, but the way they did just looked odd.

I don't think there was anything wrong with that in LA Noire , the problem was that you could see the difference between the body and the face animations and it was pretty apparent they were done at different times.

demosthenes said:
Was this posted?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI3tsWus2KQ&feature=player_embedded

This is awesome. Indiana Jones playing Uncharted 3.

jpuncharted3.png

spats

Second said:
I'm not watching it. It feels like rejecting an one night stand with Adriana Lima.

I just watched it after telling myself not to. God damn I wish I hadn't watched it. Life ruined.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
taoofjord said:
Speaking of spoilers... stupid picture to post. Some people wait for the season to come out on DVD.

Wait, what? Sarcasm? Or did I miss the picture? The last one he posted was the stock photo of the old dude grabbing his chest. That's been around forever.

jackdoe

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
How bad? Minor or major?
I suppose it's major, but nothing too bad if you watched the trailer. It's a spoiler that you could have inferred from the launch trailer.

jackdoe said:
I suppose it's major, but nothing too bad if you watched the trailer. It's a spoiler that you could have inferred from the launch trailer.

Yeah, I watched the video. I didn't find it too bad. More than anything, it just confirmed the stuff implied in the trailer. But I really like this scene,
Drake seems to be at a low point that I haven't seen in any of the two previous games. Just really... down.

The most interesting bit was
the talk of djinns made from "smokeless fire". I remember when the locale was first announced, there was quite a bit of discussion here on what the supernatural entity would be and djinns were mentioned. Very interesting to see what ND does here... really hoping for something unique

jackdoe

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Yeah, I watched the video. I didn't find it too bad. More than anything, it just confirmed the stuff implied in the trailer. But I really like this scene,
Drake seems to be at a low point that I haven't seen in any of the two previous games. Just really... down.

The most interesting bit was
the talk of djinns made from "smokeless fire". I remember when the locale was first announced, there was quite a bit of discussion here on what the supernatural entity would be and djinns were mentioned. Very interesting to see what ND does here... really hoping for something unique
Definitely. And it was great that
he just accepted it as a fact that the djinns were real. I liked that. It was weird to see Drake dismissing Shangri-La in Uncharted 2, especially after all that supernatural shit in the first Uncharted.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Always-honest said:
no but somehow sad that i didn't get to experience seeing some of those environments ingame for the first time.

This is how I feel, too. I watched 75% of it because I'm an idiot and it did spoil a lot of locations, if only briefly, that I would have preferred to see for the first time while actually playing. For the Uncharted series, locations are more important to me than plot elements where spoilers are concerned.

jackdoe said:
Definitely. And it was great that
he just accepted it as a fact that the djinns were real. I liked that. It was weird to see Drake dismissing Shangri-La in Uncharted 2, especially after all that supernatural shit in the first Uncharted.

Agreed. Though I don't know if Drake
really out-and-out dismissed Shambala, at least I don't ever remember him saying it doesn't exist or whatever (Elena thought it was silly though). But yeah, it's good to see him just accept the concept of djinns... after dealing with supernatural stuff at least twice (depending on how Fourth Labyrinth and Golden Abyss pan out), it's nice to see him accept it.

I also like how they are really making an effort to develop his character over the three games. It's great to see.

Top Bottom