• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

So, I have completed two maps on Co-op Adventure Crushing now. :D The first was London Underground previously, and the second on Borneo today. I hope to get all of them completed so that I can get that star on my level. Also, I think Shade Survival is pretty good, but I do wish it was more than 8 rounds. It's a nice change from regular Co-op Arena, and anything new to Co-op I'm all for. Though, what I really want is more Co-op Adventure maps.

So, I have completed two maps on Co-op Adventure Crushing now. :D The first was London Underground previously, and the second on Borneo today. I hope to get all of them completed so that I can get that star on my level. Also, I think Shade Survival is pretty good, but I do wish it was more than 8 rounds. It's a nice change from regular Co-op Arena, and anything new to Co-op I'm all for. Though, what I really want is more Co-op Adventure maps.

Yea those are really fun. I would've liked if ND would also let us customize our characters in Coop adventure or have custom game changers like infinite ammo, certain weapons and other funny game modifiers like the way UC2 had for story mode.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What is different versus normal co-op arena?

The enemy can teleport. Ok.

Also, sometimes one of the enemies has a target on his head and you have to kill him. Btw, you dont have to hunt him down. He comes for you. Its not like he runs away, or his AI is different in any way, lol. I'm not kidding. Stay in one area. He'll come to you. 75% of the time, the marked target spawned a few feet away from us.
Enemies take longer to kill, depleting your ammo very quickly. When has that ever happened in regular co-op arena? There have been times where I've ran out of ammo and I'm looking around the map for more ammo/weapons. You can't melee any of the enemies with the exception of chokers (and that's only when they are choking one of your team mates), meaning you pretty much have to kill every single enemy with your guns. In regular arena, you can just shoot an enemy once with your pistol or long range gun and melee them for the kill. For the armored ones, all you have to do is knock down their helmets and then melee them. You can't on Shade Mode. Armored snipers are a great addition to this mode, even though we already had them in the Fort DLC, but it doesn't make it any less awesome IMO. The Marked Man is a great addition too. I did notice that what you mentioned is true, but in Crushing, the Marked Man will run away when you're beating the shit out of him. Bitch won't even teleport...he'll just run. Haha.

What I'm trying to say is that in Shade Mode (at least in Crushing difficulty), feels like it is true survival. I've only done Chateau on Crushing with just me and a friend and my god. It was the most intense fucking 8 rounds ever. We took an hour to beat those 8 rounds and we had 0 lives left when it was round 6. We kept moving around the whole map. Doing it back to back (UC2 style; only two players) is going to be a real bitch to do on all of the maps, but it will get done! :)

If you ever play it on Crushing:

- Don't equip the cluster bomb. It's fucking WORTHLESS. In that one game alone, out of 8 rounds...I think I only killed a total of 4 enemies with the cluster bomb and I must have gotten it over 9 times. Enemies will just teleport away every single time. Army of Three is a must.

- Always look for a MAG. It will kill a regular enemy with one shot. For armored enemies, it will take two shots. However, if you have Army of Three activated, it will take them out with one shot. Good bye Marked Man!

- In regular arena in Crushing difficulty, power weapons like the Hammer will take down a mini-boss like Militia Man down with the 4 shots that are provided. In Shade Mode, it won't kill them. It won't even make the mini-boss turn into the blue shade. lol

- Team Safe is worthless for a slot 2 booster. Either put Overstock or Bargain. My choice would be bargain.

- I have noticed that the Micro is awesome in taking down regular enemies. I think it takes them down more quickly than if you use your M9/AK47. Not 100% sure of this yet, but it feels like it does the job more quickly.

- Get the sniper rifle from the Armored Snipers every single time you kill them. It only has 8 shots to it, so make use out of every single one of those shots. I have Scoped-In to gold for co-op, so instead of using Regeneration, I use Scoped In and it's REALLY useful because I get no pain wobble at all. This comes in really handy when you're aiming the sniper rifle to kill the Marked Man or if I'm just in front of the Marked Man aiming my MAG.

- Grenades in general are pretty worthless. They are not on Hard difficulty because enemies will usually stay, but in Crushing, enemies will teleport away every single time. You'll get lucky sometimes and kill one, but overall they are useless. I guess you can use them when things are getting heated to make the enemies go away for a bit, but other than that, nope.

- Army of Three + Protector for kickbacks.

- Stay close to your team mate. This is crucial.

And best of all, GOOD LUCK! You'll need it in Crushing!

Mikey Jr. said:
I would have done things differently.

1. Make it longer. 8 rounds? Really? What is the purpose of that? Make it much longer, make the enemies more aggressive as it goes, each 5th round, throw in a special shade that has one of those perks like unlimited ammo, pak-80, etc.

2. Different enemy types. Why no guardians? Those guys would be way more fun to fight. High agility/mobility, but lack of any long range weapons. Have them as their own round, or mix them up with the shades.

3. Secondary objectives. Sometimes secondary objectives pop up, and if you complete them, your team gets +2 (3, 4?) bonus medals. It could be something simple like deliver the idol, or 3 areas pop up simultaneously. Each party member has to stand in each area and capture it at the exact same time. Or an object appears somewhere on the map that can only be destroyed by melee. Shooting it does nothing. If you destroy it, then bonus medals. It presents a risk/reward type system. You dont have to do them, but if you do, it could give you that edge for the later rounds.

4. Every 10th round, spiders. Except these spiders cant be killed at all. For a few minutes, you just have to survive. Run like fucking hell. Climb everything you can, jump, try to outmaneuver them. Shooting them slows them down though, and grenades stun them.

These are just some ideas I have come up with from the top of my head right now. This is what I would expect from new content. Not slap together some shades in co-op arena and call it a day.
Great ideas. I like them too and even hoped that some of them made it into Shade Mode. Complete bummer and missed opportunity for sure. Since ND have made tweaks in arena before without mentioning it, maybe they can add stuff later on. Hopefully they do.

Am I disappointed by the mode? A little bit. But I think it's fun.

@Rewrite

i agree with you ...Army of three is the way top go ( i said it above ) but team safe is a must if you're playing with randoms ..
However if you're with friends , bargain is the way to go With "in th shade" medals you'll have enough

You can easily kill 4/5 marked shade man with on army of three ( 3 players )

Anyone playing Shade mode without "army of three" is STUPID IMO

Shade mode is also way better for thrills since you can't use melee..it's a fun mode that should have been bundled with fort co-op

Mikey Jr.

Great ideas. I like them too and even hoped that some of them made it into Shade Mode. Complete bummer and missed opportunity for sure. Since ND have made tweaks in arena before without mentioning it, maybe they can add stuff later on. Hopefully they do.

Am I disappointed by the mode? A little bit. But I think it's fun.

I got for free with FHC so I really don't have much to complain about, but they should have charged $15 or whatever, but made something really unique like I mentioned.

I really love Nazi Zombies and I was hoping shade mode would at least be something like that. I know COD gets a lot of slack, but nazi zombies is just plain fun and ND could have done so much more with this mode.

I finally got to play some new maps a lot last night. Played village like 3 times and played temple.

I got for free with FHC so I really don't have much to complain about, but they should have charged $15 or whatever, but made something really unique like I mentioned.

I really love Nazi Zombies and I was hoping shade mode would at least be something like that. I know COD gets a lot of slack, but nazi zombies is just plain fun and ND could have done so much more with this mode.
Yea but ND missed soo much with this mode. For starters they simply abandoned their "cinematic MP" talk with coop arena.

For example Team Objective is VERY fun and one of the thrills of the mode is the music that kicks in at the start of each round. ND should've done something like that with shade mode.
Every round they should've had some new remixed music fitting for the mode to come on.

The fire effects and screams from the djinn are great but thats it. I barely get any adrenaline rush playing that mode. They got this right in coop adventure.

In London Underground once you get outside to the last part in coop where the turret car is with the gang of armored guys the music kicks in letting you know shit got real.

Little subtle touches to the MP makes it soo much better.
It would've had "felt" different from regular coop. Also the coop arena your player barely says anything. They don't talk as much as they do in competitive modes.

ND come on add these things.

TripOpt55

I played about five rounds of Shades mode with my brother before having to quit. I enjoyed it. I think it changes up Arena enough to be fun. Definitely should have been bundled with some maps or something. I got it with the Fortune Hunter's thing, but they just haven't handled all this pricing right. Oh well it will be fun. All my friends kind of stopped playing this game, so I don't play it often, but this will be something new and fun to play.

Got an email from Sony today for a cash reward for Uncharted 3 mp due to participating in the beta!

Same here and it's about damn time. I hope that's not all we're getting though, i have purchased pretty much everything and got in-game cash coming out of my ass.

Edit:

Oh wow, the cash reward is 100k, seems i'll have to go on a shopping spree, daddy needs a pair of new pants. :D

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
@Rewrite

i agree with you ...Army of three is the way top go ( i said it above ) but team safe is a must if you're playing with randoms ..
I'm in complete disagreement here. There's no reason why you should need Team Safe when you're playing with randoms in Shade Mode. I'd agree if you were talking about co-op arena, but in Shade? No. Unless you are going to use the Cluster Bomb as your kickback, there is no need to equip Team Safe when there are better boosters for slot 2 like Bargain or Overstock.

For example Team Objective is VERY fun and one of the thrills of the mode is the music that kicks in at the start of each round. ND should've done something like that with shade mode.
Every round they should've had some new remixed music fitting for the mode to come on.
100% agreed. The music really adds to the experience and it's one of the reasons why I enjoy Team Objective. It just sets the mood to kick ass you know! Regarding your request for more voice work...that's one of the things I had mentioned over and over again back in the original beta thread. I want MORE voice work. From the beta to the retail release, ND added a ton of new voice work even for old characters like Flynn/Lazarevic/Draza which I was not expecting them to do. I wish everyone would have gotten the Flynn treatment (he has the best lines in the entire MP and the most added voice work) so that it would be even more lively.

I'd LOVE...LOVE for them if they added back in the beta music that was from Uncharted 2 into UC3. I mean, we already have ALL of the UC2 maps, why not add the music too? Do this ND! DO IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwvKX_giSGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u2V-3yKVZM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXlRmupCDi8&feature=related

All of these tracks were awesome and I was pissed off that they had removed them back when the Subway beta hit. Consider adding them back, Naughty Dog!

Oh wow, the cash reward is 100k, seems i'll have to go on a shopping spree, daddy needs a pair of new pants. :D
Man, I wish I could gift you my money. I have over 35 million just sitting there.

I'm in complete disagreement here. There's no reason why you should need Team Safe when you're playing with randoms in Shade Mode. I'd agree if you were talking about co-op arena, but in Shade? No. Unless you are going to use the Cluster Bomb as your kickback, there is no need to equip Team Safe when there are better boosters for slot 2 like Bargain or Overstock.

100% agreed. The music really adds to the experience and it's one of the reasons why I enjoy Team Objective. It just sets the mood to kick ass you know! Regarding your request for more voice work...that's one of the things I had mentioned over and over again back in the original beta thread. I want MORE voice work. From the beta to the retail release, ND added a ton of new voice work even for old characters like Flynn/Lazarevic/Draza which I was not expecting them to do. I wish everyone would have gotten the Flynn treatment (he has the best lines in the entire MP and the most added voice work) so that it would be even more lively.

I'd LOVE...LOVE for them if they added back in the beta music that was from Uncharted 2 into UC3. I mean, we already have ALL of the UC2 maps, why not add the music too? Do this ND! DO IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwvKX_giSGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u2V-3yKVZM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXlRmupCDi8&feature=related

All of these tracks were awesome and I was pissed off that they had removed them back when the Subway beta hit. Consider adding them back, Naughty Dog!

Man, I wish I could gift you my money. I have over 35 million just sitting there.

Man those tracks sounded so freaking good when I heard them. I didn't like the new music thats in the game currently. I'm going to spam the ND forums and beg them to add this to the game. The current powerplay music is kind of wack.

Man I hate to say it but ND is kind of weird in their choices. I mean instead of removing these nice tracks, why not include them also? They just sounded much better. The new powerplay music sounds too funky.

Nah, i'm fine, thanks. I was just being facetious, because the 100k are meaningless to us vets who have already bought everything and are sitting on huge piles of money. :)

Apparently we're getting the other rewards in separate e-mails. Fingers crossed at least one of the treasure sets will be one i haven't completed yet, but probably not.

Just saw the Uncharted: Secret of the Unicorn movie. Great stuff.

More seriously, I know Uncharted was inspired by Tin Tin and other pulpy adventures like it and the film's cinematography was inspired by Uncharted/videogames, but I do hope ND take some cues from it regarding the actual story-telling and mystery solving. Was a really fun film.

arne

What's this, another map pack I paid for I won't ever be able to play in?

we're targeting you specifically.

we're working on some updates to try to fix the bit where new content (and DLC content) isn't coming up often enough.

The fire effects and screams from the djinn are great but thats it. I barely get any adrenaline rush playing that mode. They got this right in coop adventure.

In London Underground once you get outside to the last part in coop where the turret car is with the gang of armored guys the music kicks in letting you know shit got real.

Little subtle touches to the MP makes it soo much better.
It would've had "felt" different from regular coop. Also the coop arena your player barely says anything. They don't talk as much as they do in competitive modes.

ND come on add these things.

i didn't paid attention to this post untill now ..but i want more epic music in Mp . ( i really do )

PS: those screens look great ..can i expect a tempest to arrive as a cinematic event ? ( that would be awesome )

jett

D-Member
we're targeting you specifically.

we're working on some updates to try to fix the bit where new content (and DLC content) isn't coming up often enough.

cool.

BTW with 23 maps in the mix can I suggest the possibility of increasing the number of choices to three maps during matchmaking?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
By the way, am I misremembering things, but didn't ND say that they were working on some animation patch?

Lyonaz

Lol at EU beta pack codes being sent out after 6 months or something. Got 4 codes, 2 decals, money and treasure hunter pack. Guess I'll try some games tonight again.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Hey Arne, what's up with the www.uutforsket.no and http://outforskat.se/ sites Sony PlayStation Norway and Sweden are teasing, coupled with this image? What are you guys cooking?

527932_408362805855943_160049864020.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow, Naughty Dog just released a Live Update:

We’ve implemented some live updates to Uncharted 3 multiplayer code. Here’s a list of the changes:

Happening: 630pm PST March 20th 2012

- Changed Mega Bomb kickback from 14 medals to 10 to activate

- Fleet Foot speed levels adjusted

- Increasing the cost of all four paid boosters.

Ping and Bargain now cost 100K. Untraceable now costs 35K. Explosive Expert now costs 25K.

- Changed Shotgun kickback cost increased by +2 medals

- Changed Creepy Crawler kickback cost lowered by -1 medal

- Fixed the drop of the Patterned Ring at the end of London Underground to work regularly
Holy shit. HOLY SHIT.

:O :O :O

jett

D-Member
Mega bomb costs the same as quickboom now? WAT?

I never bought the paid boosters but man are they useless now. Unless you weren't stupid like me and didn't go legacy. twice. >_<

If an Uncharted 4 is on the way I expect heavy, heavy changes on the multiplayer. Again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Mega Bomb required too many medals. At 10, it's nice. Quick Boom still has the advantage that it can't be thrown back and the Mega Bomb itself is the easiest of all the grenades to throw back because of its slow throwing speed. Hopefully we'll see more variety in kickbacks in TDM. The increased medals to the shotgun is a nice addition too because it was ridiculously easy to regain your kickback again if you jumped and killed people with it. The increase in money for paid boosters is a great idea because bargain stacking was definitely fucking annoying, but I think ND lasted too long to do this. 100k is basically nothing to me and for everyone else who is at their final legacy who bargain stack.

Supposedly, the Fleet Foot nerf seems like it is Silver Level. I haven't tested it yet, but that seems to be the conscious right now. Gold speed was fucking ridiculous. Glad it was toned down.

rHQIX.png

This however doesn't make sense to me at all. The Fleet Foot nerf will do nothing towards the GMAL at all because it will continue to have its ridiculous stopping power and Fleet Foot is still going to get affected by it. It will deter some of the annoying FF + GMAL users, but even then, it won't change the fact that it has the most stopping power of all weapons. One burst and you're like in quick sand.

EDIT:

He replied on the ND forum:

I was more reffering to people who use the G-MAL with FF. We'll see if that changes it's use with players. Now those doing the FF dance with the G-MAL will not be as fast.

As for addressing the stopping power of this gun, we're testing stuff out right now.
Valid reasons, but keep testing please!

iLLmAtlc

Are people looking to switch over to Scoped-In really something we need in this game? From my experience with Scoped-In (just at Silver) it seems to be even better than FF with the G-MAL.

E: Also I question whether increasing the cost of paid boosters will do anything but punish the lower ranked players. People who love to abuse that shit probably already have millions and millions saved up so having to spend 100,000 is nothing.

Something they should consider is maybe increasing the cost significantly as you use it in consecutive games. Maybe even something as drastic as double/tripling the cost.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I exclusively use Scoped In Gold with Eddy's AK and Sully's Dragon. All that time leveling it up definitely paid off because it's a fantastic booster. It is not regularly used that much. If you're playing TDM, you're better off with Cloaked because of all the SA stuff in the game. I still prefer Scoped In over Cloaked though. Besides, Scoped In is the hardest booster to level up, and I've only come across a handful of players that have it to gold like myself.

With the FF nerf, I think we'll see a big increase of Cloaked and Weapon Expert users. Once again, just like the FAL nerf, the community will migrate to the next big thing.

Mr. Fix

If an Uncharted 4 is on the way I expect heavy, heavy changes on the multiplayer. Again.

I expect an early build to be great, then wait for ND to somehow mess it up. The competitive side is absolute trash every time I try a session, and ND refuses to support co-op adventure.
Yes, me sad.
Hell, the new maps next month probably aren't all compatible in Arena.

SxP

I'm happy with the changes, but they are really slow with the G-Mal change. How long do they have to "see how it goes" to understand it needs a change.

jett

D-Member
I hope for their next multiplayer adventure they understand that loadouts was an idiotic decision. It's the root of most of the problems this game has suffered since the first beta. Just give me my AK47 and my properly functioning pistol next game, with some other crap spread around the map.

TripOpt55

I hope for their next multiplayer adventure they understand that loadouts was an idiotic decision. It's the root of most of the problems this game has suffered since the first beta. Just give me my AK47 and my properly functioning pistol next game, with some other crap spread around the map.

I agree completely. Early Uncharted 2 multiplayer is still my favorite UC multiplayer.

TripOpt55

I'd get rid of boosters and kickbacks too (I realize this is unlikely). Treasures can stay to unlock emblem stuff, clothing or maybe some special skins. But yeah it will probably go the opposite way than I'd like it too.

Hey Arne, what's up with the www.uutforsket.no and http://outforskat.se/ sites Sony PlayStation Norway and Sweden are teasing, coupled with this image? What are you guys cooking?

527932_408362805855943_160049864020.jpg
Is there a thread for this?

Because I found those "things" when I made some research with Google this morning.

It looks like ther are related to these 2 websites Uutforsket.no and Outforskat.se:

http://soundcloud.com/uutforsket
Oslo, Norway

Some audio clip in Norwegian language, but reversed...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://vimeo.com/uutforsket

vJLrw.jpg

Bokstav (Norwegian) = Letter (English)

I was able to see the video this morning, but now it is set to private.

There was someone walking (like in a first person view) in what I think is the Frogner Park in Oslo, Norway. (Frognerparken is title of the video)

There was snow on the ground, that person was pointing at a pillar and he walked some steps to discover a hidden paper with the letter K.

At the end of the video, there was this text:

yRn5d.png

Hvor Mange Statuer Er Det! = How many statues are there!
Frognerparken? = Frogner Park?
Uutforsket.no / Ditt Svar = Uutforsket.no / Your Answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://soundcloud.com/outforskat
Stockholm, Sweden

But no sound clip here.

Before the release of Uncharted 3, there was in Denmark this website Uudforsket.dk:

It was viral marketing following the exploits of a fake Danish explorer, Wilhelm Von Bernhoff.

There were puzzles to solve and clues to find which led to the discovery of a hidden treasure in Copenhagen.

Everything seems to start over again with other websites (Uutforsket.no and Outforskat.se) which now comes from Norway and Sweden ...

When is the Lab coming back? Robert (MP lead) said it would be back on GameTrailers I believe. That's definitely going to be awesome when it comes out! Please don't only have TDM modifiers, I want Team Objective to be insane, like rockets only or something along those lines.

More changes/fixes incoming:

So here's a QUICK list of some the items we'll be addressing with weapons and medals in the next map pak:

- shotgun jumping

- G-MAL stopping power (just lowering it)

- Death From Above medal (it's not functioning the way it should.... obviously)

- Tau Sniper ammo increase

We're looking into issues starting today but those are the top tier items.

Thanks for reading.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4679829?start=0&tstart=0

jett

D-Member
The shotgun is an issue now? Never even noticed.

Do people still play Uncharted 2 btw? I miss me a decent pistol AND pistole!

I played this for the first time since November today. Got a few great matches in, progressed 4 levels. ...Now I'm level 14. :lol

It's really fun, I just need to get used to the maps I didn't see in beta. And the fact that people got a lot better at it since the beta. Ah well, Sony keep sending me beta reward codes so I'm gonna use them! Definitely going to put more time in- I think it was just the last thing I wanted to play considering I'd had a solid year of Uncharted 1, 2, 2 MP, 3 Beta and 3 by time I finished 3, so now I'm refreshed and ready to crack some skulls. (And get my skull cracked a lot too.)

Top Bottom