• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 story discussion: How much closure will we get on Nathan's adventures?

Alright, I won't argue with you there. But the thing with eye of indra specifically is that, if it is canon, its story isn't conclusive with regards to eddie's sister. it's been probably like 5 years since those events occurred but she still hasn't turned up and could be wondering wtf happened with her brother.

Sadly you never will know. ND didn't even bother to reuse their MP character skins in UC3 even though they resused all the other ones. So we probably won't get them or the Golden Abyss skins in UC4 either.

KorrZ

I really hope they don't pull a "Nate loses someone he loves" aka Sully and then finally sees the error of his ways and gives up his adventuring lifestyle to settle down happily ever after with Elena.

I just feel like that would be cliche as fuck.

Or he quits his thievery. The main character does not have to die to give a complete story with closure.

A bullet to the head gives closure! :p

Sully dies saving Drake, game ends then credits roll with a flash forward sequence showing Nate and Elena later in life during various time periods. At home with each other, traveling, playing with their kids, grandkids and so on till you see a funeral with an old Elena and their children.

Elena puts Nates necklace in his casket and it closes slowly fading to black.

"Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End"
"Developed by Naughty Dog"

This would actually be pretty touching, I'd like it.

But I'd also like to see Chloe backhand the shit out of Elena at the end of it and start a massive brawl

Ricky_R

Hey, anything can happen when you don't explicitly see the character die. If they did it in a way where you saw all the Spainard nazi zombies or whatever eating away at Eddie like Lazarevic got beaten/eaten/whatever on-screen then sure, he would be definitively dead. But the way they "killed" him off means it's left up to interpretation and it's very likely he could have survived somehow if ND wants to bring him back. It's not like he lost his golden gun when he got grabbed (at least we don't see it fall out of his hand, he just gets pulled down after getting bitten on the neck -- which we don't even know if biting his neck does anything more than just a flesh wound).

I'd happily eat crow, but I can say with enough confidence that you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I really hope they don't pull a "Nate loses someone he loves" aka Sully and then finally sees the error of his ways and gives up his adventuring lifestyle to settle down happily ever after with Elena.

I just feel like that would be cliche as fuck.

I would be okay with this as most of Uncharted is cliche as fuck because ND can really capture the character moments really well. They just can't pull any punches this time around and they know it.

Sadly you never will know. ND didn't even bother to reuse their MP character skins in UC3 even though they resused all the other ones. So we probably won't get them or the Golden Abyss skins in UC4 either.
so the story with eddie's sister is a dead end, huh.

and the only past character with a slight shot of returning is eddie himself. oh well, that would still be cool.

Falls off a cliff while in Africa looking for the lost civilization of man. After years of having the most stickiest of grips, envied by the worlds best rock climbers, Drake's calloused fingertips could hold on no longer. He fell a measly 10 feet and broke his neck. All he had in his pockets were 3 strange relics...

Ricky_R

I'm not because I'm not expecting it, I'm wishing it'll happen. :p

Hehe ok. I'd be happy to see him again, eventhough it will feel a bit forced coming from ND.

It would've been great to see how his character performs under Druckmann's direction.

I think having the past characters in MP only is fine. I loved the UC3 villains Co-Op Adventure Map. Lazarivich already sounds amazing in UC4. You are....a...DISGRACE!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hope to see more Cutter and Chloe. The four made an awesome team, not hearing about either doesn't give me hopes though :(

Sully dies saving Drake, game ends then credits roll with a flash forward sequence showing Nate and Elena later in life during various time periods. At home with each other, traveling, playing with their kids, grandkids and so on till you see a funeral with an old Elena and their children.

Uhhh... what?

Oh man...no. Please...the feels if this would happen.

Mailbox

I actually expect Drake to die.
Or Sully
Or Elena because of Drake
Or all of them.

I know they said they wanted to make the story about trying to balance responsibility or something like that, but I think failure would be much more interesting.

What "a thief's end" means will be what defines the ending.

Edit: I expect Sam to betray Drake and kill sully.

Im gonna pissed if any characters don't die.

but seriously, i want them all to die from dysentary due to bad water, being stuck out in the middle of nowhere. Drake and Elena have to eat Scully to survive. Fun adventures have to come to an end. :p

thenameDS

This.. this.. would be great. Right in the feels! Although only a small issue, Nate no longer has that necklace.

Personally I would also like to find out his real name, I suspect the Nathan or Nate part is real but obviously a different surname.

wapplew

Nate get caught and get into jail for the rest of his life and he regret all his wrong doing.

Ending for China version.

Kvik

Part of me wants Drake to die in some ancient ruins, preventing some ancient secret from being misused, much like Sir Francis Drake's fate in UC1.

I don't know, having him in a normal life seems a bit... pedestrian to me. I mean, the man lives for adventure, and that kind of life isn't going to be easily taken away.

I trust Druckmann not to write such a cheesy fuckin ending

This.. this.. would be great. Right in the feels! Although only a small issue, Nate no longer has that necklace.

Personally I would also like to find out his real name, I suspect the Nathan or Nate part is real but obviously a different surname.

I'm only partially the way through U2 Remastered beat 3 on PS3 what happened to the necklace I forget?

Honestly my take on an ending is the only way I know of that undoubtedly ends Nathan Drakes adventures, gives Druckmann his kill Sully moment and ties a lot of emotion into the ending. At this point Sully is an old man, he is going to die saving someone he loves doing what he likes doing. He is not going to die in a home somewhere.

The flash forward sequence would cement Drake and Elenas relationship and bond through life. In my scenario the ending of the game has already happened and you see Sully making a conscience choice to die for Nate in a moment where eye contact and facial expressions are perfectly clear on what they are thinking.

Sully is not killed by someone or something, it's a sacrifice of his choice. So Nate doesn't quit adventuring because Sully dies, that was already going to happen because of his relationship with Elena.

Sams character just gives Druckmann and Straley their in to bring Nate out of retirement.

jiggle

Unleashes cordycep fungi
Dies
Elena gives birth to Joel
Wins Pulitzer
Marries not dead cameraman Jeff
Gives birth to Tommy

Unlike other people I want a cheesy happy ending because that's what I love what I love about these games. I just want an easy ride with a bunch of explosions and wise cracks.

What would be your take?

It's all speculation either way, and is interesting conversation.

I expect Sam to represent all the negative traits of Drake. His callous regard for human life, his addictions to material wealth, his inability to stay grounded in one long-term relationship. I don't know if Drake kills him, but ultimately he rejects him, and all those attributes.

But this also doesn't mean Elena's just gonna be waiting at home, baking Nathan a cake, ready to rush back into his arms cuz he decided to finally stop lying to her and being a murderous thief. Maybe she doesn't even want him back? Maybe things are left a bit ambiguous about their relationship, even if Drake is done with his adventures.

Whatever happens, I expect it to be a bit more complex/interesting than everybody getting everything they wanted and they all lived happily ever after. There's gonna be a cut to black at the end, not a fade like the other Uncharteds. Its gonna be a real ending.

thenameDS

I'm only partially the way through U2 Remastered beat 3 on PS3 what happened to the necklace I forget?

Honestly my take on an ending is the only way I know of that undoubtedly ends Nathan Drakes adventures, gives Druckmann his kill Sully moment and ties a lot of emotion into the ending. At this point Sully is an old man, he is going to die saving someone he loves doing what he likes doing. He is not going to die in a home somewhere.

The flash forward sequence would cement Drake and Elenas relationship and bond through life. In my scenario the ending of the game has already happened and you see Sully making a conscience choice to die for Nate in a moment where eye contact and facial expressions are perfectly clear on what they are thinking.

Sully is not killed by someone or something, it's a sacrifice of his choice. So Nate doesn't quit adventuring because Sully dies, that was already going to happen because of his relationship with Elena.

Sams character just gives Druckmann and Straley their in to bring Nate out of retirement.

Marlowe has it and when Ubar starts to fall apart she falls into a sinkhole. She tries to persuade Drake into saving her by attempting to give him back the ring but it's too late. She sinks to her death, taking the ring along with her.

daffy

Banned
He probably ends up being a family man or something. I hope he goes out like Spike from Cowboy Bebop. Its only fair.

Hydrus

" You know Drake, this really was a thief's end"

Top Bottom