• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

I would also like to know this. I dont think anyone has any idea how the Beta will work. I am assuming there will be no codes. Anyone who has the game can get into the beta.
It's not on the disc as such, but to download the beta you need to either have a digital copy or at least a disc. The instructions inside the case say that when the beta is available you need to insert the disc, then go to the 'overview' option for the collection on the PS4 UI to find the download link for the beta.

JimPanzer

Well, this sucks. I've encountered a bug which prevents me from progressing in uncharted 1. Everytime I want to open a door nate just stands still and i can't do anything while getting shot. I don't have the day one patch due to no means to download it atm. With all the praise the reviews gave the port I would have expected a somewhat bug-free Game. Fuck.

Imma beat all 3 games before 4 comes out :) Hope I dont get burnt out
I'm going to beat all three, then all three again on Brutal, then select chapters, then all three again right before Uncharted 4. I've already played through them many times on ps3.

Hope I don't get burnt out, but I never did before. My goodness I miss these games.

sensi97

After a game crash during my Uncharted "brutal" playthrough, I got a corrupted save data. I lost only 4 chapters but it's still quite frustrating.
So my advice is to use multiple saves just in case.

zkorejo

It's not on the disc as such, but to download the beta you need to either have a digital copy or at least a disc. The instructions inside the case say that when the beta is available you need to insert the disc, then go to the 'overview' option for the collection on the PS4 UI to find the download link for the beta.

Oh I see.

Thanks for the info. I guess I am getting this in Dec then.

Jorav

Gold Member
I can't get anywhere in this game. My save files keep getting corrupted. Play the game for 10-30mins and it shits itself.

Is it just me or has the difficulty of UDF dramatically decreased in the remaster. The Blue Room, for instance, was nightmarish on PS3 (crushing), but on PS4 I just breezed past it without even dying once. Same goes for the Plane Wreck scene in chapter 4.

I can't get anywhere in this game. My save files keep getting corrupted. Play the game for 10-30mins and it shits itself.

Try rebuilding the PS4 database maybe?

Try this. helped me with my Watch Dogs save.

Loudninja

Is it just me or has the difficulty of UDF dramatically decreased in the remaster. The Blue Room, for instance, was nightmarish on PS3 (crushing), but on PS4 I just breezed past it without even dying once. Same goes for the Plane Wreck scene in chapter 4.
Could be for alot of reasons, they updated the controls and damage you do to enemies.

Also the new difficulty could be a factor as well.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
so you could stop crimes and terrorist attacks from happening, right? oh, to play a video game, gotcha.

geez, who pissed on your foot this morning

i mean, you're basically saying 90% of the people here are twats, yourself included

krrrt

Got this yesterday and I'm incredibly impressed by the quality of the remaster!
Bluepoint should do every remake ever from now on.

I'm really having a tough time ordering this game. I just can't justify 60 euros for games I've already platinumed. I'll wait for a cheaper price I guess, because I'll eventually want to replay Uncharted games.

Brutal is two hits = death, very slow regen. of health and low ammo pick-ups (low as in you only pick up 2 or 3 bullets!) Don't think it changes anything else beyond those three things (from what I read of some people who have tried it and what I saw on youtube). Headshots will be very key to succeed in it until you find power weapons and the like.

Ahhh I be able to handle that. So far in Crushing I've been doing headshots 75% of the time anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My copy arrived today, unexpectedly. It wasn't dispatched until yesterday owing to a "stock delay".

Wow that OT and OT title are glorious!

Really reminds me how long I've been attached to this franchise since UC1 :')

Got this pre loaded and I'll be all over it once the Star Wars beta is done.

Anung

Un Rama
Got this yesterday and I'm incredibly impressed by the quality of the remaster!
Bluepoint should do every remake ever from now on.

Them not doing the Silent Hill HD remaster is probably the biggest crime against the series :(

This has already been noticed, right?

CQxGuxPXAAELldX.jpg:large

GAF > Naughty Dog > GAF
Did this meme originate from GAF? Wow :eek:

I've been in a gaming slump for the most part of the past year or so, where most of the games I buy end up unplayed past the first couple of sections (first world problems as fuck I know).

It's funny that a remaster of a game that I'd already played from start to finish was the one thing that I actually ended up sitting down and playing for hours on end, something I haven't done in ages aside from with Bloodborne the first few weeks after it came out.

I played Drake's Fortune up to about 49% progress without intending to at all, and around chapter 2 I was actually considering skipping it altogether and moving right onto Among Thieves. I'm so glad I didn't skip it now as it's been a lot of fun, and visually it is surprisingly stunning in some parts. Of course things like the enemies reaction to being shot looks pretty ridiculous but that's not that big a deal to me.

I didn't even realise it came out on October 7th in Aus till it was that date, so purchasing it immediately was a no brainer. It actually worked out cheaper for me to buy it on the Australian PSN at $79.95 than it would for me to have bought US PSN cards online and used those codes for the $59.95 USD game, since that's nearly $90 AUD right now including the few bucks extra those sites charge for the cards - sadface.jpg

I've only actually played UC1 and UC2 properly, UC3 was something I tried to get into and gave up at some random point near the start where I got stuck - looking forward to giving it another go.

Bluepoint remastering Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (as nice as Dark Souls still looks and plays to this day...) would be incredible.

People overrate the necessity for headshots. Do quick bursts to kill instead of wasting time aiming at weaving enemies. This is how I played crushing back then. Grenades are your best friend.

WITHE1982

just walk past your PS4. This way you won't have to do anything.
Seriously, what's the fun in this?

As I said for speed runs only. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this without completing the game first without any exploits.

I'm a massive fan of the series so wouldn't advise players to skip a single part of it.

It sometimes just fun to dick about with wall clipping to get out of bounds or into areas you're not supposed to.

As I said for speed runs only. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this without completing the game first without any exploits.

I'm a massive fan of the series so wouldn't advise players to skip a single part of it.

Okay. I guess i've never seen the appeal in a speedrun. But to each his own ;P

D3M0N_G3R

Neo Member
I am honestly really suprised how much fun i have with UC1.
After the Boat Section i wanted to Skip Uncharted 1 but i continued playing.
With the Overhauled aiming controls it really is a lot of fun. I even beat the Knee-High Water Cavern on my first try. (I play on medium but i remember i died there a lot back in 2008 when i played Uncharted the first time)

WITHE1982

Okay. I guess i've never seen the appeal in a speedrun. But to each his own ;P

The Nathan Drake collection has a speed run mode built into it so a lot of people will be using these exploits to set "records".

I've never really been into it myself but I do like the idea of people finding these glitches. It's quite fascinating IMHO.

Loudninja

I am honestly really suprised how much fun i have with UC1.
After the Boat Section i wanted to Skip Uncharted 1 but i continued playing.
With the Overhauled aiming controls it really is a lot of fun. I even beat the Knee-High Water Cavern on my first try. (I play on medium but i remember i died there a lot back in 2008 when i played Uncharted the first time)
I am seeing this more and more glad to see UC1 getting more praise.

Top Bottom