• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
cool, well I guess I'll be picking this up no questions then. Definitely want to support Naughty Dog and if it's like what most of you are saying "modern day indiana jones" then it's exactly what I am hoping for.

Haunted

shagg_187 said:
YAY~!!!!!!!!!

bar_01.gif
>_<

InterMoniker said:
Yeah that Timeshift demo was killing me yesterday. Just soo fucking generic, BU bububu bu You CAn Control TiMe!

Damn Gimmicks.

They say you can unlock different skins in Drake, i'm really hoping that there's a space marine suit which will go great with the "next gen graphics" mode you can unlock.

Loudninja said:
Noice! The demo better come out next week! I don't doubt Naughty Dawg though.
SolidSnakex said:
They say you can unlock different skins in Drake, i'm really hoping that there's a space marine suit which will go great with the "next gen graphics" mode you can unlock.

Lol that'd be pretty damn funny! Hopefully you can unlock the wet-suit for the whole game.

InterMoniker said:
Lol that'd be pretty damn funny! Hopefully you can unlock the wet-suit for the whole game.

There seems to be a lot of cool little extras in the game, but that's gotta be my favorite from what's been described so far. With it beinga next gen graphics mode it's a must that they include some slowdown in it.

Kyoufu

Worst thread title ever. Its missing Barrels, Schicksals and Salt Water Particles. Come on mods, its up to you!

SolidSnakex said:
There seems to be a lot of cool little extras in the game, but that's gotta be my favorite from what's been described so far. With it beinga next gen graphics mode it's a must that they include some slowdown in it.

Lol they're really gonna have a "Nex-gen" unlockable graphics mode? They should make everything shine and glisten. :lol And some slowdown for sure.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Silicon Knight said:
Couldn't you just have named it "The Official Uncharted: Drake's Fortune thread"?

I mean, jesus fuck, come on...

I love the title, don't listen to the haters steve. It's hip to whine.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Kittonwy said:
Uncharted IS an Indy game except it's not using the Indy license, a modern, awesome Indy game if you will, Lucas Arts will never be able to make a decent Indy game so embrace this original IP rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

My #$#$#$% thoughts exactly man and It will rock your socks off!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SolidSnakex said:
What exactly is the "next gen" mode?

InterMoniker said:
Lol they're really gonna have a "Nex-gen" unlockable graphics mode? They should make everything super shine and glisten. :lol And some slowdown for sure.

Oh you thought I was joking?

You'll also be able to unlock different rendering modes, like a black and white mode, a sepia-toned mode, a next-gen filter (with appropriate super bloom and saturated colors) and even a mode that doesn't utilize textures, allowing you to see how the geometry was put together more easily. It's worth noting that any unlockables you earn are shared between all the save games on the system, and that you can carry over Medals that you've earned into a second or third play through in order to help you find all the treasures and unlock everything.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/825/825467p1.html

dalin80

Banned
so the 'next-gen' mode is more of a sarcastic dig at overuse of bloom etc?

interesting.

when is the uk release?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
borghe said:
really I just want Indiana Jones for the consoles. The perfect blend of action (not too much and not too little) and adventure/exploration. Tomb Raider for me was generally too focused on exploration and puzzle solving. But again, I don't really want a heavy action game.
This game really should be exactly that, and that's the reason I'm so excited about it. I know precisely what you mean without even saying it - TR games are damn claustrophobic lone-fests, but this game seems like diametrically opposite of that - everything around you is supposed to be lively, character interaction is supposed to be a big point of both gameplay and cutscenes, main hero is a fallible everyman, just like Indy. I was a huge fan of Indy P&C adventure games and sad to see how terrible the action games that followed were in comparison. This game almost seems like it's made by people who wanted to rectify that :)

This will be the first game that I will buy for my new PS3, and, when I hook it up to my HDTV, the manjuice will flow freely.

How can they fit those gfx in only 512MB Total Ram ?
I guess they stream intensively..
Anyway, best looking game thus far.

Firewire

Banned
SabinFigaro said:
This will be the first game that I will buy for my new PS3, and, when I hook it up to my HDTV, the manjuice will flow freely.

Good choice but you should get R&C Future: Tools of Destruction as well. Considering Uncharted isn't out for a couple of weeks. :D

Kosma

Banned
Already pre-ordered from Canada :)

solid2snake said:
deja-vu, they said the same about Lair and Heavenly Sword :p

Heavenly Sword is good.

Now stop your Drake trolling. Why come into this thread at all? You've done nothing but shit on the title.

Fady K

Heeey I was working on making the official thread for this Monday since an official thread can only be made at least 2 weeks before release :'(

Why Stevie why :'(

It's about time, this thread is severely lacking in Barrellama action though.

I cannot wait for the demo and the latest trailer was great. It definitely seems like there's something strange going on, I'm looking forward to finding out what exactly it is. The writing seems a cut above industry standards but with Amy Hennig at the helm did we expect any less?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i don't generally like these wacky titles for official threads that gaf started doing at some point, but this one is particularly nauseating

VonGak!

Banned
JB1981 said:
everything looks great except the ledge-shimmey. It's just too fast imo.
Indeed the monkey jumping is quite jarring but if floaty wall jumping is the price for fast platforming then I can swallow it. ^.^

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
solid2snake said:
This is from Naughty Dog so I know it will be good. They made only 1 bad game and that was on the 3D0 (way of the warrior)

Loudninja

Kasumi1970 said:
This is from Naughty Dog so I know it will be good. They made only 1 bad game and that was on the 3D0 (way of the warrior)

Alsoo HS was great, people need to stop making up crap

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
solid2snake said:

Why must there be trolls on this game Man its Freaking Naughty Dog dammit Have they not proved themselves already.

Top Bottom