• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey for free from April 15 through May 5 on PSN

J3nga

To support Play At Home, PlayStation will try to make those occasionally dull moments more exciting by offering Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey available for free* for a limited time through digital downloads from April 15 at 8pm PDT through May 5, 2020 at 8pm PDT Once you redeem the games, they are yours to keep.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Uncharted is boring as shit, but free games are free games.

Kazza

*In Germany and China, users will have access to Knack 2 and Journey for free for a limited time (April 15, 2020 at 8pm PDT through May 5, 2020 at 8pm PDT).

I assume this is due to censorship? Too much violence? Poor Germans, imagine being lumped in with China in terms of censorship like that.

Shmunter

Nice going Sony. Personally think I got those on ps+ or crossbuy already tho, but nice gesture nevertheless.

CyRuZ

Banned
I assume this is due to censorship? Too much violence?
Nope, Playstation Germany is just the useless bunch of idiots as usual. Game got his rating without getting censored. Also the game has a 16 rating which makes this more strange since ps germany only don't give away rated 18 games for free. But since everyone and their mother already has the collection plus it also was on psminus, german players got the better deal imo.

turtlepowa

Banned
Nice one. Any chance to get Knack 2 on a non chinese/german account without creating one?

Last edited:

Shmunter

Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece every playstation user should try it
1 & 3 not bad either, Uncharted 3 was more visually impressive than TLOU imo
I’m the odd one out that prefers Uncharted 3 over 2. I found the pacing to be sharper, more bombastic.

Rayderism

3 Uncharted games for free is nice and is a pretty good deal, but I never saw what was so great about Journey, I played through it and was like....bleh, whatever, delete. Anyway, I already own both, so them now being absolutely free (and not contingent on a PS+ subscription) just makes my wallet feel sore. But you know, it's great for peeps that never played them, put them in your library, even if you never intend to play them.......free is free.

I think it is really nice gesture from Sony even though it doesn’t concern me, I played them all. It’s baffling to me when I see people hating just because they played it. They are giving these highly successful quality games for free, how could you possibly say one bad word about it.....incredible.

Rest

Journey is live, Uncharted will not let me add it.

obin_gam

Is 3 better than 4?
Downloaded the free Uncharted 4 last week but hated it out of the gate, sluggish controls galore :/

Rest

Man, I think this is the third time I've tried to play Uncharted. I remembered the locales being uninteresting, the puzzles being tedious, and the climbing being monotonous. I recalled how stupid the story was. I'd forgotten how floaty the aiming felt and how unsatisfying the combat was. But I'd almost completely forgotten the part I hated most: Goddamn stupid fucking drunk man controls.

Why is Nate always sucked towards walls like there's a magnet in them? Why can't he just walk in a straight line in the direction I push the joystick? Or swim where I point him? Why did I fall off a cliff running from guys chasing me, when all I did was push the stick right and Nate just had to go right? Why did he go right and down? How did this shit make it past playtesting? Why didn't it get patched? How did the game get remastered without this being corrected? Since the days of the PSX Dual Analog and the N64 controller, picking the direction your character goes has always been easy and intuitive. How did Naughty Dog get this so wrong?

GriffinCorp

Man, I think this is the third time I've tried to play Uncharted. I remembered the locales being uninteresting, the puzzles being tedious, and the climbing being monotonous. I recalled how stupid the story was. I'd forgotten how floaty the aiming felt and how unsatisfying the combat was. But I'd almost completely forgotten the part I hated most: Goddamn stupid fucking drunk man controls.

Why is Nate always sucked towards walls like there's a magnet in them? Why can't he just walk in a straight line in the direction I push the joystick? Or swim where I point him? Why did I fall off a cliff running from guys chasing me, when all I did was push the stick right and Nate just had to go right? Why did he go right and down? How did this shit make it past playtesting? Why didn't it get patched? How did the game get remastered without this being corrected? Since the days of the PSX Dual Analog and the N64 controller, picking the direction your character goes has always been easy and intuitive. How did Naughty Dog get this so wrong?

I played the first game for about an hour years ago, Did not like it at all, never touched them again. Until last week I started Uncharted 4 (Free on PS+ this month), I loved it and beat it the next day. The level of detail is insane and brilliant level design. So I've decided to play them backwards. I'll start 3 tonight. Try playing 4 to see if you will like it.

FranXico

For anybody who has bought Uncharted physical and would like to get the digital download for free now, the store will not show it as free until you delete the installation from the hard drive.
Delete it first, and then you will be able to get it for free and download it.

Last edited:

Fake

For anybody who has bought Uncharted physical and would like to get the digital download for free now, the store will not show it as free until you delete the installation from the hard drive.
Delete it first, and then you will be able to get it for free and download it.

Actually, when you click 'download', a pop up will appear and will show two different options. Select the 'free' version. After that, check your email (email attached with your PSN profile). If you receive an email for playstation confirming your acquisition, so worked. Otherwise, choise the other download option.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
They could give something else to PS Plus subscribers. I mean, we already got the games.

Still, nice gesture.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
got errors a few times yesterday trying to redeem these (even though I have them on PS+ so no big deal).

Seems to be fixed now, was able to add both to my cart and check out for $0.00.

FranXico

Actually, when you click 'download', a pop up will appear and will show two different options. Select the 'free' version. After that, check your email (email attached with your PSN profile). If you receive an email for playstation confirming your acquisition, so worked. Otherwise, choise the other download option.
Maybe it was a Portuguese Store glitch last night. I never got an option.

Fake

Brazil store here. I have actually two versions of Journey: PS3 version and PS4 version.
When I click 'download', two version appears:
Free version (new one)
Store version (already owed version)

So, now I have three versions of the same game.

Last edited:

FranXico

Brazil store here. I have actually two versions of Journey: PS3 version and PS4 version.
When I click 'download', two version appears:
Free version (new one)
Store version (already owed version)

So, now I have three versions of the same game.
Right. Journey actually is cross-buy. Everyone who bought it for PS3 before already owned the PS4 version all along LOL.

Mithos

I never got an option either on Nate Drake Collection it just started downloading (and I already "had" this through PS+)...
But a minute later an email popped in my inbox telling me I had "bought" it for €0.

Oh, and YES I have two different emails with different order number for: Uncharted: Nate Drake Collection
One from January and PS+ claim, and one from todays claim.

Last edited:

FranXico

I never got an option either on Nate Drake Collection it just started downloading (and I already "had" this through PS+)...
But a minute later an email popped in my inbox telling me I had "bought" it for €0.

Oh, and YES I have two different emails with different order number for: Uncharted: Nate Drake Collection
One from January and PS+ claim, and one from todays claim.
That means people who already got it through PS+ can now upgrade the license for free!

Top Bottom