• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Siege |OT| Major patch / relaunch released

anddo0

The first few levels of the game were rebalanced to make the game more accessible to new players and the casual difficulty was completely redone

YES!

Maybe I just suck. But this game was brutally difficult when I first played it. I made it to the chp 3, the swamp? By then, all my archers were dead and I pretty much gave up. So this is a very welcome change.

Man, CTRL-F-ing the reviews for this game on metacritic for "move" really show how much reviewers must really despise wrist control for RTS games. In every single review either the move support was not tried at all or they tried it for like half of a round.

Gamespot said:
It works very well but is a bit more tiring and involved to use than the gamepad because you have to wave it in the air.
God damned, casually moving your wrist is tiring? Hilarious.

Grisby

Jesus, finally. Now maybe I can get past that second/third level. Really loved the art and wanted to continue with this thing.

Thanks for the patch dudes, although it took forever and a day coming out.

Limanima

Starting today Under Siege gets a 30% price cut in all SCEA and SCEE territories.
Available for everyone. SCE Asia is not included in the discounts.

SCEA - 19.99$ -> 13.99$
SCEE - 14.99€ -> 9.99€

Patch is still doing the rounds at QA, it has been tough getting everything we wanted up and running but it will be worth it, specially the extra content for 4 players.

Meanwhile here in Portugal we are launching the Under Siege Art Book on Nov 2nd for all the Portuguese fans. It includes 2d and 3d art from the game, sketches and the 22 page comic launched digitally before the game came out.

capa.png

http://seed-studios.com/undersiege/artbook/pages01.jpg
http://seed-studios.com/undersiege/artbook/pages02.jpg
http://seed-studios.com/undersiege/artbook/pages03.jpg

The comic is in Portuguese but if you still want to have it just to see the art you can order through here -> http://www.mediabooks.com/catalogo/detalhes_produto.php?id=54212

I'm definetly gonna check this out.
Nice work with that update.

Andrefpvs

Just played for a few hours with the new patch installed.

It's incredible how much BETTER the game feels. You feel like you have control over what's happening on the field, and the random factor is pretty much eliminated (no more archers leaving their positions yay!).

Also tried Casual difficulty. It is now worthy of that name. Quite easy. I'm pretty positive anyone can finish this game in Casual.

Insane, I completely forgot about this game. I couldn't get past the first real mission either, and was too stubborn to reduce the dif setting lol. I still have a massive backlog but will definitely get back soon.

Wow so the patch is finally out.
I was waiting since launch for it. The game was too hard for me initially so I hope this patch makes the levels easier.

Card Boy

Banned
Nice, i bought this at launch but never got around to playing it. Might have to give it a go now. Also is that OP going to be fixed?

AAK

YES!

Got this at launch as well but I couldn't last 5 minutes into the 2nd chapter. Time to bust out the Move controller again :D

AwRy108

Man, it's so lame that the huge financial penalty that you get slapped with after finishing a mission with dead soldiers doesn't go towards the cost of replacing them. Seems like a the developers are going out of their way to squash fun.

Corto

Nice, i bought this at launch but never got around to playing it. Might have to give it a go now. Also is that OP going to be fixed?

Will try to fix it. Damn tinypic completely ruined the post. The problem is that I hope I have the original files on a backup somewhere... I dread having to redo all the image files all over again...

The_Monk

Where can I get the Book in here? Is FNAC or Bertrand selling it? Or mediabooks.com is the only site I can get it?

Thanks in advance!

Will try to fix it. Damn tinypic completely ruined the post. The problem is that I hope I have the original files on a backup somewhere... I dread having to redo all the image files all over again...

the original picture for the most part are still there. Just edit your post and copy the links somewhere to download them later to rehost them.

F-Pina

Did they adjust the harder difficulty levels? I heard it was nigh impossible to get the hard trophy
The first levels on all difficulties were tweaked.
Casual is easier now.
Hard setting remains the same.

Is this game still $20?
Game is 13.99$ / 9.99€ / £7.99

We are helping Corto to get some cool pictures and info por the OP back again. He did a fantastic job creating this offcial thread :)

Corto

OK Under Siegers! The OP had a bit of a Spring cleaning (What? It's Spring in Portugal.
no it isn't
)

I need to thank F Pina for all the material of the OP and the Seed Studio team for all the effort in this game changing patch.

Now. GO PLAY IT!

F-Pina

That's right, you can now try the game before you buy! Amazing!
Oh, only for SCEE territories today, SCEA and Asia will take a little longer.

Top Bottom