• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undermine, my new favourite roguelite

protonion

So I was doing my weekly scan of psn releases and this game instantly got my attention. (Already out for pc and switch apparently).

I decided to get it and lost all my weekend playing this hidden gem.

Basically it is the like Binding of Isaac and Rogue Legacy had a baby.

The gameplay is very similar to BOI with the top down view, map structure, key/bomb managing, artifacts, potions etc.

However it has Rogue Legacy's permanent upgrade system. Upon death you keep a some of your gold and you can purchase stat upgrades or use blueprints to invent new artifacts for future runs.

There is a central hub that is empty at the beginning but is slowly populated with npcs or other stuff depending on your progress.

It is a beautiful game too with nice pixel art and animations.

Highly recommended if you like the genre.

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to this, but then Sony gave everyone Enter the Gungeon for free, along with 9 other games, and that game is currently filling the same space. I definitely plan on picking this up sometime in the future, though.

Zelda 2D rogue-lite.

yes, I know it can be good and even addictive - I've been living Enter the Gungeon - but why do kids have this obsession with ass 90s jaggies?

is this by same team as Undertale?

anyway, actual 2D games like these are the only games I can still play on tv after VR...

Bodom78

Put about 70 hours into this when it first landed on Gamepass.

I don't generally like roguelite games but this one got its hooks into me.

Top Bottom