• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Underrated N64 games.

dr guildo

517mHdulIiL.jpg

Some of the few games mentioned in here I still own. Hybrid Heaven, mystical ninja, mischief maker. I also own that more rare version of Indiana Jones and the infernal machine. This thread def takes me back.

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Not sure what a new Jet Force Gemini would bring to the current marketplace since there have been many 3rd person shooters released since then, but man, that was such a fun game and would love to see it brought back to life.

-MD-

I need to revisit some of these games and play others I passed on as a kid. I somehow still haven't played Jet Force Gemini or Blast Corps.

Underrated games for the N64. I don't have any examples personally besides

CruisnWorld.jpg

Apprently there is some game featuring this car

1970_volkswagen_beetle-pic-14418.jpeg

that is supposedly good.

ABSOULTELY LOVED Cruis'n the World. I didn't get why people often seemed to prefer Cruis'n USA instead. I've played so much CtW as a kid, getting all the cars, even the Speed Demon. Loved it so much. And I got the game by chance from my father as well!

With that said, Rush was also pretty awesome.

REDSLATE

SOTE-N64.png

Despite all its flaws, this game left a huge imprint on me

Blast Corps was complete garbage IMO
I don't think Shadows of the Empire was underrated.

I don't think this game was underappreciated back when the N64 was still 'the thing', but nowadays, it's certainly become lost in regards to retro game discussion. This game is still a blast to play to this day. The third person mechanics are definitely clunky and all, but I'm still pretty impressed by the opening Hoth level, the realistic storm trooper movements, flying the Millenium Falcon, and rocketing around Tatooine in a death race sort of scenario.

Nice thing, too, is that you can get it pretty cheap if you still have an original N64.
Ahem... you fly the Outrider, sir.

Aesius

I seem to remember Chameleon Twist being an extremely easy game. I think I beat it easily within the first two or three days of renting it, and that was pretty rare for me back then.

Arkage

Banned
Doom-64-box.jpg

One might think this is a crappy port of Doom to the 64, but it was actually awesome. A creepy ambient soundtrack, many new levels, the Unmaker weapon, more demonic artwork. Definitely worth a play through if you're a fan of the series.

Top Bottom