• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale (PS4/Vita) |OT| Sans Keyboard

Oni Jazar

Ok guys. I've tried for hours and can't do it. I'm trying to beat "the final boss" in genocide. You know who.

I can get all the way to the end but the damn circle gaster blasters always catch up to me and take me out. Wish I could practice that move somewhere and nail it but it takes so long to get to it.

Anyone have tips? I'm on PC but I figure this thread is more active and the technique should be the same

Ok guys. I've tried for hours and can't do it. I'm trying to beat "the final boss" in genocide. You know who.

I can get all the way to the end but the damn circle gaster blasters always catch up to me and take me out. Wish I could practice that move somewhere and nail it but it takes so long to get to it.

Anyone have tips? I'm on PC but I figure this thread is more active and the technique should be the same

I don’t have a link to it but somebody did actually make an in-browser practice fight for that boss fight. I’m sure someone will post it soon if I can’t find it.

Edit: found it!

Edit2: whoops, spoiler tagged the link now.

Okay, I've fought him about 6 or 8 times and just can't work it out... How do I defeat Papyrus in our first battle (at the end of that snowy town) as a pacifist? It just constantly says he's too distracted to hear my insults or compliments, and eventually my health runs down and he puts me back in the doggy jail cell.

If you keep fighting him and failing he'll eventually just ask if you really want to fight him again before starting the battle. Saying no will "end" things and you two can be good buds.

Oni Jazar

I don't have a link to it but somebody did actually make an in-browser practice fight for that boss fight. I'm sure someone will post it soon if I can't find it.

Edit: found it!

Wow that's awesome thanks hopefully that will give me the right tactic. Already tried a few times and still can't do it though lol

shaowebb

Got the PS4 LE today! Its so gorgeous and the music box is so pretty and nice. I look forward to this on the big screen. I hope new stuff is hidden or patched in...some weird things have happened since the PC patch.

Now entering Gaster as your name does something different and folks have found new dialogue hidden in the game than before...could we see Gaster as a hidden segment soon?

Exuro

I got my LE in BUT the freaking package is jammed in my mailbox and I can't get it out because the door hinge is in the way. It's one of those community boxes so they put the package in the back and there's slightly enough space to fit it in that side while I can't pull it out in the front... :( I am so disappointed. Have to call usps during work to get the mailman to put it in the locker.

So I wanted something on the shorter side to hold me over until the big October games came around and it was between Undertale and Night in the woods. I was initially turned off by the art style of Undertale in the trailer on PSN but remembering all the hype and good things that have been said about it, so I decided to take the plunge and fuck was it ever worth it!

Once I got past the tutorial area and met Sans, everything just clicked. The characters, story, creative take on old school turn based battles and the bizarre randomness of the world and 4th wall breaking how truly made this a very wonderful experience.

After getting to the end of my first playthrough, I was pretty sad with how things turned out for everyone which made me immediately restart on a pacifist run to get the true ending and I really love the challenge of having to end battles without killing the opponent. Sparing people I killed in the first playthrough like Undyne, has led me to discover even more hilarious scenarios
Cooking with Undyne.

I honestly don't think I'll be able to do a genocide run though. It's not because I don't want to go though the whole game again but rather I don't want to kill all these characters that I've grown to love.
It was sad enough to have Papyrus text me at the end of the first run wondering when Undyne would come back from "vacation".

Gradon

Man I got a £17 customs charge for my LE I'm pretty mad right now, especially because my friend who lives on the next street didn't get a customs charge :/

NEO0MJ

I honestly don't think I'll be able to do a genocide run though. It's not because I don't want to go though the whole game again but rather I don't want to kill all these characters that I've grown to love.
It was sad enough to have Papyrus text me at the end of the first run wondering when Undyne would come back from "vacation".

But...blood for the blood God :(

And you get to see more sides to your favorite characters. Isn't that nice >:)

chronosic

So I finally received my copy of the game and the case is crushed and broken and the cover is ripped :(. I've emailed fangamer about it but haven't received a response. They really should have packaged it better, especially with it travelling to Canada. Feels bad.

Edit: And I got charged customs.

Ventara

So I finally received my copy of the game and the case is crushed and broken and the cover is ripped :(. I've emailed fangamer about it but haven't received a response. They really should have packaged it better, especially with it travelling to Canada. Feels bad.

Edit: And I got charged customs.

Damn, I'm waiting for my copy here in Canada too, and I hope mine doesn't suffer the same fate.

Did you just order a single regular copy? It's rare to see that sort of package get charged customs, especially for $25 USD worth.

My CE arrived last week and it came perfectly so far. I haven't opened it yet but I'm excited.

....actually....I don't think I want to open it anymore. I have the game digitally and I want this to stay in great condition for some reason.

chronosic

Damn, I'm waiting for my copy here in Canada too, and I hope mine doesn't suffer the same fate.

Did you just order a single regular copy? It's rare to see that sort of package get charged customs, especially for $25 USD worth.

Yeah, just a single regular copy. Got dinged $14 for the customs lol. Hopefully fangamer gets back to me tomorrow, although I don't know what they can do for me.

XaosWolf

Heading down to pick up my CE right now.
It spent a week in purgatory with no tracking info and now I get a delivery notice and a day later Royal Mail tells me it's a customs charge. (The tracking says nothing about this of course)

The charge is £17.35 =/

LiK

My CE arrived last week and it came perfectly so far. I haven't opened it yet but I'm excited.

....actually....I don't think I want to open it anymore. I have the game digitally and I want this to stay in great condition for some reason.

No tape or stickers holding the package together so you can just open it up and look at contents and then close it back.

hank_tree

No tape or stickers holding the package together so you can just open it up and look at contents and then close it back.

There is some tape you need to remove to get at the Locket. And the game itself is sealed if you want to see the alternate cover. But you don't.

Heading down to pick up my CE right now.
It spent a week in purgatory with no tracking info and now I get a delivery notice and a day later Royal Mail tells me it's a customs charge. (The tracking says nothing about this of course)

The charge is £17.35 =/

UK too and ahhh the lack of info on the tracking is a nightmare. I've had a few games like that where they're tracked as far as the local depot and then you hear nothing for days as the customs notification only ever seems to come via post, adding on days of wondering what's gone wrong. Especially annoying when you book a day off work on the expected delivery date...

Anyway. I bought the game digitally on PS4 a little while back and sad to say that I've bounced off it. Nothing to do with the quality of the game, it's a really unique, funny, sensitive gem. But I think I spoilt way too much of it by seeing so many memes about it online. A lot of the most impactful or amusing moments are ones I've already experienced, which is my own fault. Happy to have got it if only to support 8-4, though.

Physical copy is coming within the next couple weeks. =)

But I'm starting Persona 5 soon, so it may be a little while before I get to this.

damn, you really don't have luck then, i'm in switzerland and got my collector almost two weeks ago without problems!

hope you'll get it soon

muteki

Mine arrived in a bubble envelope within a fringed cardboard box/sleeve thing.

Turns out mine came in box, and everything is in good shape. Hopefully those that didn't can get theirs sorted out quickly.

Time to charge up the vita, this is probably my second to last purchase for it.

Kuksune

I got my CE today and I got hit with a customs feedback too (Sweden). I like everything in it... Except the locket. I mean it's pretty, but it's not in tune. At all.

Guh, I'm stuck in the same place. What kills me is the telekinesis move where he slams you against the wall and you have to jump away before you take damage, but sometimes he slams you against the same wall twice in quick succession and I just kind of "bounce." The second hit literally pulls me right back into the damage box even though I successfully jumped away from it for the first hit. I don't know what to do about it! It eats up so much of my health going into the final gauntlet and then I always die on the blasters. T_T

Saikyo

Guh, I'm stuck in the same place. What kills me is the telekinesis move where he slams you against the wall and you have to jump away before you take damage, but sometimes he slams you against the same wall twice in quick succession and I just kind of "bounce." The second hit literally pulls me right back into the damage box even though I successfully jumped away from it for the first hit. I don't know what to do about it! It eats up so much of my health going into the final gauntlet and then I always die on the blasters. T_T

Focus on his hand, not in the box, on pc you could cheese pressing all arrow keys...good luck.

Phatcorns

Currently on the final boss on a pacifist run I think? Without spoiling, so a simple yes or no would do. Do I just need to keep going or am I missing something?

Top Bottom