• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale (PS4/Vita) |OT| Sans Keyboard

LiK

OléGunner;246250644 said:
Hmmm I'm tempted to pick this up on Vita, seems perfect for that and the rep this game has is crazy.

It's only £11 too but my backlog overfloweth lol

Do it man!

AEREC

Whats still the ideal way to play this game? Going by the OT title it sounds lack of keyboard changes how this game is played.

LiK

Whats still the ideal way to play this game? Going by the OT title it sounds lack of keyboard changes how this game is played.

Plays perfectly fine. I still used the d-pad instead of analog stick for movement/combat.

TWILT

Banned
It'll be fixed in an upcoming patch. We've made sure you'll still be able to get the trophy once the patch is out! (Patch is ver. 1.04, FWIW.)
Ahhh, I was having the same trophy issue too; was planning to go for the plat. Glad to see it'll be fixed soon.

LiK

Are the people with trophy issues getting them on Vita? I played on PS4 and got everything just fine.

john tv

Are the people with trophy issues getting them on Vita? I played on PS4 and got everything just fine.
Happens on either. If you want to avoid it before the patch, (vague trophy spoilers ahead)
get all four of the affected trophies in one play session (i.e. don't get one, quit the game, then try to get the rest, as that could trigger it)

PSqueak

Banned
Happens on either. If you want to avoid it before the patch, (vague trophy spoilers ahead)
get all four of the affected trophies in one play session (i.e. don't get one, quit the game, then try to get the rest, as that could trigger it)

Basically: Take 4 pieces of candy, you scum of the earth.

(PS4 version spoilers) Jeez, you can only
donate 1g at at time to the dog shrine? This is going to take awhile for those trophies lmao

PSqueak

Banned
donate 1g at at time to the dog shrine? This is going to take awhile for those trophies lmao

Frankly i found the whole thing hilarious.

Specially when you get the boom box with an annoying remix of the dog song that further makes the whole thing more painful.

It's freaking genius and i love it.

Current Dognation level: 10

LiK

Can it be automated with a turbo controller? I have one just for trophies like this

i alternated between X and O because of the way the text box text was going. Not sure if turbo works for this. I basically did it really fast and had no trouble with mashing that way.

Not

Banned
I don't know about that, the game even gives you a hint
with the Froggit that not-so-subtly tells you that you one day might have to spare a monster even when their name isn't yellow. Not to mention that pressing spare against Toriel makes her respond with a speech bubble with clearly progressing text every time

Yeah. It was obvious to me on my first playthrough.
Undyne and Asgore though.

Honestly, this game doesn't take more than 5 hours to complete.

...If you know what you're doing to get the
Pacifist ending.
Took me like 8. :/

So, I'm waiting on my order of the physical version to arrive in September and all I want to know is:

Do they handle the very... PC-reliant aspects of Undertale well?

Only click if you've beaten Undertale:
The typing battle and the crashing elements?

Erdrick

Downloaded this on PS4 today on a whim. I love old JRPG's this looks up my alley. I know nothing about it other than a few youtube thumbnails that I've seen over the past years.

Essentially going into this blind. No regrets.

So, I'm waiting on my order of the physical version to arrive in September and all I want to know is:

Do they handle the very... PC-reliant aspects of Undertale well?

Only click if you've beaten Undertale:
The typing battle and the crashing elements?

they just had a black screen and it goes directly to the glitched intro, pretty lame, it lose the impact! Guess sony wouldn't allow a fake crash

LiK

Downloaded this on PS4 today on a whim. I love old JRPG's this looks up my alley. I know nothing about it other than a few youtube thumbnails that I've seen over the past years.

Essentially going into this blind. No regrets.

Blind is the best. One of the most unique experiences you'll ever have.

Platinum was waaaay too easy. Got it before I even beat the game.

HZkXXbF.jpg

they just had a black screen and it goes directly to the glitched intro, pretty lame, it lose the impact! Guess sony wouldn't allow a fake crash

Ahhhh, I suspected that. It's too bad. That really does lessen the impact but, I suppose, compromises had to get the game released on console at all.

How about the typing? Do you have to use the system keyboard?

ike_

Yeah Toby might be having a jape at our expense with those trophies, especially the name of that platinum.

Great to play through again. Still somehow managed to find a few new funny moments despite having already played it and having watched a bunch of streams. Undyne
killed my pacifist run for the second time in a row, a different way this time: when she collapsed in Hotland I peeked into the next screen momentarily. Came back and she was gone (dead). Arg, that date with her will be mine one day.

I get what they were going for, but yeah. Hopefully an extremely easy Platinum won't hinder the replay of other runs for people who don't know about them.

Game is still ace on consoles, happy it came.

"But Undertale just wouldn't work on consoles," they said.

Takes about six minutes of mashing the X and O buttons simultaneously.

Yeah, it's not why I bought this but was disappointed to see that was the case. Especially given what comes after that point.

Phenomenal game. Much better and different than I was expecting. A lot less twee/so random than I was expecting and I somehow got to experience it basically completely spoiler free which was awesome.

Persona7

Banned

Not really. I played 99% of the game on a controller originally. You can optionally type in the original version like once. Incredible how one tiny optional part where you can use a keyboard was blown out of proportion.

CrocoDuck

The platinum is super easy. But some of the trophies are glitched (picking up 2 and 3 items).

I find this game to be "ok", maybe asubsequent play through will change my mind.

I'd definitely implore people to stick with it as long as they can stomach it. It's a very demanding game but very rewarding and extremely worthwhile by the end (and long before that, but it really makes good on what came before with its conclusion).

Top Bottom