• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undisputed Beta Impressions

Ribi

Figured I'd make a thread for those who played the beta yesterday and later today. For those unaware e-sports boxing club is now called "Undisputed". The beta is an invite only program where you sign up through steam and hope ya get lucky.

Early impressions from myself:

Gameplay: the boxing was smooth and the controls were very reminiscent of fight night. The punches at times felt like they lack a little weight but overall the flow was there and felt satisfying enough.

Graphics: I'm not sure if there was too much of a downgrade. I played at medium on a 980ti and ran at 60fps no problems and still thought the game looked pretty good.

The issues: it's a timed beta and for about 3 hours you couldn't search for a game.

drotahorror

I was stuck on searching for matches yesterday.

Worked for me today though. I definitely enjoy it and can't wait to play the early access version.

Graphics are nice and animation is solid. I wish there was a bit more power in the punches, knockouts are very hard. Also the knockdown mini game is awful. All in all though, it was very solid and I'm excited. Hope they can get Mike Tyson eventually.

(not me but here's some women boxing)

Last edited:
I've been monitoring this for nearly 2 years and finally stopped checking in about a month ago as it seemed like nothing was coming this year...and they go and do a beta.

I didn't even know they were doing a beta.

I've just been and asked to try, whether I get to is another matter.

Ribi

the guys fighting is way more quick and with weight to than the girls. But the punching felt smooth. Today was a solid experience and look forward to bug fixes and see how they improve. A solid foundation atm and look forward to playing more.

To those wondering, yes it plays like fight night controls and feels good..

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Thought this was gonna be a list thread of gaming opinions that automatically make you a beta male. Little disappointed.

drotahorror

So there was another beta this weekend. Instead of 3 hour / 3 day beta times, they made the beta last the entirety of the weekend, and it's still going on right now. So real nice from the devs there.

They put out several patches and all in all, I had a much smoother time this time around than last beta.

Matchmaking is super fast, which is needed in games like these.

Notable fighters this time around were Deontay Wilder, Rocky M and Roy Jones Jr. Couple others as well, I don't follow boxing that much.
DW and RJJ felt great to play, others not so much. There is a lot of work to do, from animations, to hit feedback, to instant replays, netcode, bug squashing, performance, etc etc. This is not even close to Fight Night Round 4 or Fight Night Champion quality.

The foundation is very solid still and they really do have a winner on their hands as long as they listen to some of the community and keep following their passion.

Ribi

Career mode update and create a fighter update has droppped. Here is an abomination

image.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom