• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uniqlo Wake Up - Social Alarm App featuring Cornelius/Yoko Kanno for iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
http://www.uniqlo.com/wakeup/en/pc/

"WAKE UP WITH MUSIC THAT CHANGES WITH THE WEATHER.
SHARE THE START OF YOUR DAY."

And its free!

UNIQLO WAKE UP is an innovative new social alarm app that aims to make waking up every day an enjoyable experience. The alarm music, which is automatically created based on the weather, time, and day of the week, was co-written by 51st annual Grammy nominee Cornelius (Keigo Oyamada) and Yoko Kanno, who is active in songwriting across a wide range of genres including video games and anime (COWBOY BEBOP, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Macross). The app allows users to share a record of their awakening – specifically, the time, weather, and temperature at the moment they stopped the alarm – via social media (Facebook, Twitter, RenRen, Weibo). In addition, the “wake up records” shared by users around the world are displayed in a part of the app entitled WORLD WAKE UP.
App Features
• Users can set an alarm.
• Users either select their location from a pull-down menu or allow the app to find their location using GPS. The app then displays the current weather and temperature.
• The alarm music changes according to the weather and reads out the time, day of the week, and the weather.
• The alarm music vocals are available in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Users can share the time, weather, and temperature of when they wake up on Facebook, Twitter, RenRen, and Weibo.
• The information users share is displayed in the WORLD WAKE UP part of the app.
• The app background changes according to the day of the week.

iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uniqlo-wake-up/id515839388
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uniqlo.wakeup

CFMOORE!

yoko kanno fucking rules. she's the only reason i'd use this. i don't give a fuck about the sharing aspects.

Jake.

dope idea, but the weather is way off (i'm in australia) and its pretty slow/clunky on android. oyamada still has it.

edit: alarm runs on 24hr time too which i hate.

What a weird idea for an app. The music seems too mellow to wake up to, but at least you don't have to give out your social information. And hey, free android version.

LordCanti

"This App Requires iOS 4.2."

Should I install the new firmware already?

Uh, yes. iOS 5.0+ is awesome. Get on the (i)Cloud.

Fine =/

I hope I don't lose the one jailbreak app I use (the one where you swipe the top and the menu comes down where you can turn 3G/Wifi/etc on/of with a toggle, instead of having to go in the menus)

Good morning. It is TWOO!! seventeen. Am.
Today is a, CLOOOOOOUDY DAAAAAAY~

Okay that shit is creepy and I don't need something else running in the background, hahaha

Droplet

Good morning. It is TWOO!! seventeen. Am.
Today is a, CLOOOOOOUDY DAAAAAAY~

Okay that shit is creepy and I don't need something else running in the background, hahaha

I thought it was cute! Well, I feel like it was cute after I knew to expect it.

I love the design though. I don't know how accurate the weather is but I'll try it for a bit. I like that everything's in one place.

Edit: Although I wish there was some way to set the alarm for certain days. The alarm just turns off after every run and I'd probably forget to turn it on again.

randrews

Neo Member
As a huge Cornelius fan this makes me incredibly happy. Too bad its not an iPad app or else I'd use it as my alarm clock.

rozay

Banned
Was interested solely because of yoko kanno's involvement but on my iPhone you have to keep the app open or the alarm doesn't work (pressing the home button=nope)

same thing on android?

rozay

Banned
according to my friend you don't need to keep the app open on android, it lives in the notification bar

jorma

is now taking requests
Unless this app will give me oral sex as every new dawn rises there is no way in hell it's going to be able to make my mornings an "enjoyable experience".

SmokyDave

I want to download a red app on one device and a blue app on another device and then play them both at the same time to hear the full alarm.

(Or was it green & blue? It's been a long time since Star Fruits Surf Rider was released!)

rozay

Banned
I assumed that the iPhone wouldn't allow the alarm to work without it open (as the pop up message indicated)

Woke up to a really pleasant alarm this morning :) Scared the hell out of my cat for some reason though haha

Mistake

I hope I don't lose the one jailbreak app I use (the one where you swipe the top and the menu comes down where you can turn 3G/Wifi/etc on/of with a toggle, instead of having to go in the menus)
I tried 5.0 and hated it. It came with about 3 or more apps I was forced to have, and ran slower on my itouch 32GB. Sure I could hide them once I jailbroke the thing, but I don't need 1GB or more taken for no reason. 4.1 is still signed I believe, if you need to downgrade again. If it wasn't for all this, I would definitely try it (plus there are other alarm options).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom