• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unity Post Patch(s): I Think My Game Is Broken

Aces&Eights

So, after all the hoopla with patches and whatnot I finally decided to go back to the game. I had initially purchased it day one digitally (I know, I know, never again I swear) and played a bit here and there but I was one of those unfortunate ones who had some serious issues with the framerate, stuttering and pop-in. I played up through sequence 3 and had just started 4 when I put it down.

Tonight was the night I was going to go back in. I checked to see I got the latest patch (4?) and launched the game. I picked up where I left off and finished up sequence 4. I then went and got some chests, did a couple of those crowd things and collected some money. I bought a new sword and a new pistol and went to the "!" and the glowing pillar of glitchy stuff to start sequence 5.

Nothing.

I get to it and it disappears. I can't engage it at all. I back off and it reappears. I leave my bunker and go to a Cafe Mission. Same thing. Glowing and stuff but no "interact" when I approach. Same for the Nostradamus missions. Same for the Paris missions.

I closed the application and rebooted my PS4. I go back in and it still won't work. I am literally stuck in Paris and can't progress my story.

I am beyond frustrated. I am absolutely livid. This game, man. Over a month of hogwash and empty promises and I don't even have a coaster because, like an idiot, I bought it digitally. I go to the Ubi forums and type out an S.O.S. and go to hit post. I see I am not logged in so I put in my credentials and the page reloads. My entire comment I had just typed in is gone. It didn't save my 3 paragraph HELP ME since I had to log in. It's almost funny at this point how one company can be so inept but, I digress.

So, has anyone else come across this problem? Am I totally screwed? There is no bloody way I am starting the game over. I really like the series and WANT to play this game so bad but I CAN'T START A MISSION.

TL;DR: Launched game post patch, Ubi Kiev erased all ability to launch any type of mission because reasons.

EDIT: I have also attempted to go to the progress tracker and select missions from there. Each time I do, the icon appears on the map but when I get to it it just stays glowing and no "interact" prompt appears.

mf.luder

Right at the start of the game, I think sequence 1 memory 3, I approach the exclamation point that is by the coach but nothing happens. It looks like 3 guys are packing it and I can see the glowing pillar thing but nothing launches. The saving icon pops up as if I'm entering a location but nothing happens.

My kitten jumped up on me and I decided to play with her so I shut the ps4 off. I'll revisit this tomorrow.

Aces&Eights

Right at the start of the game, I think sequence 1 memory 3, I approach the exclamation point that is by the coach but nothing happens. It looks like 3 guys are packing it and I can see the glowing pillar thing but nothing launches. The saving icon pops up as if I'm entering a location but nothing happens.

My kitten jumped up on me and I decided to play with her so I shut the ps4 off. I'll revisit this tomorrow.

After doing some Googling, I am seeing that this has happened to quite a few people. No fix that I can see. It seems the patches somehow messed it up. People were saying that the companion app did the same thing, in that they had progressed then did the update and afterwards they had lost all progress. If that is the case then I am screwed. I have lost all progress and even though sequence 5 isn't too far in I spent a lot of time collecting those cockadoo things and a lot of chests. I have also unlocked all viewpoints so we are talking about 20 hours play time here. There is no way I am going to do all that again.

If it helps this has been happening to me too. I think it has to do with PSN honestly because its never happened before today.

But here's how to get past it. Just stand near the mission start it'll fix itself. Both times I just looked at my tablet for a minute or two looked up and the interaction popped up.

Basically just wait.

Aces&Eights

If it helps this has been happening to me too. I think it has to do with PSN honestly because its never happened before today.

But here's how to get past it. Just stand near the mission start it'll fix itself. Both times I just looked at my tablet for a minute or two looked up and the interaction popped up.

Basically just wait.

Wow, really? I waited for a good minute but I guess it can't hurt to just let it idle there. Thanks for the tip, man. This game has aged me 10 years. All I want to do is assassinate people and steal money. Why is that so hard?

jwtsonga

This exact issue occurred to me today. So instead I went around Paris and opened some chests and stuff. Took a lunch break and turned off console. Came back and tried the mission and it worked!

Well, I already know that this game is a broken mess. But, I still find gameplay very fun and enjoyable. So should I buy it on PS4 for $40 on Amazon or wait until its price drops again?

Sorry for kind of off-topic.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Whenever people say Unity without the AC in the front, I think they're talking about the game engine, Unity, and that this topic was about some patch to Unity breaking the game they were developing or something.

Same thing happen to me about a hour ago, and its the First time happening.
Couldn't do any story or side missions. Get to the spot and the mission activation menu doesn't pop up.

ttech10

Disconnect from the internet. Go to settings --> network and uncheck the box to connect to internet. For whatever reason, you cannot do missions and other stuff (like the Nostradamus puzzles) if you're connected right now.

EDIT: Mean to say, I understand it's because the PSN is down, but I don't know why you need to be connected to the PSN in order to start those missions.

Aces&Eights

Just play Black Flag instead

Played BF back when it came out. Great game. Beat it.

OK, well it seems the issue is stemming from the server issues PSN is having ( I hope). There were some folks in other sites saying they had the same issue and those were posted back in late November so I dunno. Really hope it gets sorted as I do like the game.

Omni

Well, I already know that this game is a broken mess. But, I still find gameplay very fun and enjoyable. So should I buy it on PS4 for $40 on Amazon or wait until its price drops again?

Sorry for kind of off-topic.

From what I'm reading it's pretty bad on PS4 still. I've had hardly any problems on Xbone

I'd probably just wait a bit longer. Get it when it's 20 or 30.

Aces&Eights

From what I'm reading it's pretty bad on PS4 still. I've had hardly any problems on Xbone

I'd probably just wait a bit longer. Get it when it's 20 or 30.

Funny enough, the little I did get to play was a decent improvement over the pre-patch. The framerate, for me, was a lot better. Not a rock solid 30 but a good enough boost that it was actually pretty playable. The popin was still pretty bad but I could live with it. I think that is what the most frustrating part was in that they finally got the game to a point where I was going to be able to enjoy it and then BAM, can't start missions.

Ugh.

Top Bottom