• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Only Sister" was done fine. The line change works on the show if you look at it from a non-book reader perspective.

The last scene was great.

Sophie Turner was great too.

bengraven

I keep hearing about Oberyn/Tyrion, but what about

shake.gif

One of my favorite and saddest scenes in the book.

Lautaro

They didn't said that the Hound was terrorizing the Riverlands, they said he killed 5 soldiers.

But yeah, Rorge and Biter were wasted in a pretty meh scene (and that's weird because usually the Arya/Hound scenes have been one of the best extra content created for the show... after the Arya/Tywin scenes).

ezrarh

They didn't said that the Hound was terrorizing the Riverlands, they said he killed 5 soldiers.

But yeah, Rorge and Biter were wasted in a pretty meh scene (and that's weird because usually the Arya/Hound scenes have been one of the best extra content created for the show... after the Arya/Tywin scenes).

I was confused on why they wasted Rorge and Biter on that scene. It didn't seem to make sense for Rorge to just stand there right after Biter does his thing (which seemed off) and then still stand there for Arya to kill him. I'll have to rewatch it but that irked me more than "only your sister".

RedShift

u51RZ7Q.jpg

Wander what they're going to do with Lollys now. Will she still be pregnant? Will baby Tyrion be cut? Maybe they'll just mention what happened during the riots and say it was off screen.

Bit strange they got rid of Lady Tansa and replaced her with some arbitrary Lord Stokeworth.

I read somewhere the whole Stokeworth/Bronn plot could be quite important in TWOW/ADOS. Falyse's husband or someone mentions they have a claim to Rosby even though Lord Rosby (coughing guy who Cersei made master of coin in AFFC) wanted his ward or someone to inherit it after he coughed himself to death. In the ADWD epilogue someone mentions the need to resolve the Rosby inheritance at the council meeting but Kevan says it can wait until after the trials of the queens.

It's looking pretty likely that soon Bronn will be ruling both Stokeworth and Rosby, and have a fairly large number of sellswords about him as well. He could be looking at being a fairly major thorn in Cersei, or someone's, side.

emag

The Hound has barely ever worn his helm in the television series, so it wouldn't make much sense to have someone impersonating him by means of said helm. I could very well see that plotline being cut.

fanboi

Banned
Hmm... did Bron visit Tyrion in the prison? If I remember, he was holed up in his new found castle and didn't bother or was that later?

That scene was pretty much 1:1 from the book of I recall correctly.

Yeah, the majority of the dialogue in that scene was straight from the books.

The only bit I remember really being different was that whole 'Lord Stokeworth' bit, when obviously it's Lady Stokeworth in the books. Kind of odd with that also happening in the same episode that Oberyn says his father took him and Elia to the rock, when it was their mother in the book. I think it's kind of lame how they're eliminating all these examples of ruling ladies from the books.

Paganmoon

So I was the only one expecting "you lie" from the gut wound guy?

I knew it wouldn't come, but that was the first thing that popped in my head when he asked "who are you"

Speevy

Banned
Tyrion: "Oberyn, can you do me a favor?"
Oberyn: "What is it?"
Tyrion: "Everyone knows The Mountain killed your sister and her children. Could you stop repeating it?"
Oberyn: "I'm sorry. It just makes me angry."
Tyrion: "I understand, but it's all you say. You haven't completed one scene without mentioning it."
Oberyn: "It won't happen again. I promise."
Tyrion: "Great. So what do you like to do for fun?"
Oberyn: "I visit the brothels, and I enjoy a nice long walk."
Tyrion: "Really? I never did enjoy the outdoors. My father would take me into the mountains and..."
Oberyn: "HE KEELED MY SEESTER."

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Adding to the list of inane arguments for the next two weeks until we get a new episode:

- Time.com: The Physics of the Game of Thrones “Moon Door”

And what about the Moon Door’s “elegance” as an executioner? It turns out that, as unlikely as it sounds, such a fall wouldn’t be a 100% guarantee of death. Hamilton cites the fact that during World War II, for example, there were lots of people falling out of burning airplanes — and, though many of them died, a lucky few survived, often thanks to a combination of factors that slowed their falls. Hamilton’s website chronicles the stories of several such people who survived falls from great heights.

Lysa flies away using her dress like a wingsuit confirmed.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, even I can't deny the increasing plausibility of the Euron = Daario theory anymore. It's definitely not in the realm of R+L=J yet, but I could definitely see it being true. It could be something only the show is dong, to essentially cut out Victarion's entire character while still keeping the overall framework of the plot intact. I would actually like this a lot, as unlike the book, the show hasn't created any obvious contradictions which would make the theory highly implausible. Hell, Daario doesn't even have to leave Slaver's Bay for it to work on the show. Either way, I can't call it crackpot anymore.

So Daario sends his men to Yunkai, but himself goes off to the Kingsmoot, is that the theory now?

That makes a lot of sense.
It's the perfect cover, and he manages to uphold his vow to Dany (if that sort of thing is something he cares about even) - as his "sword" (e.g. his company) is still in her service.

Just imagine the look on people's faces when Daario turns out to be Euron, it will be the ultimate betrayalthon.

Trouble

Banned
That scene was pretty much 1:1 from the book if I recall correctly.

They really nailed the Tyrion scenes in this episode. I'm really glad they played out the Bronn thing well. It wasn't that Bronn was backstabbing Tyrion, it was just that he knew going against The Mountain was suicidal.

Speevy

Banned
I thought they were going to kill Bronn but I liked this choice better. However, a true friend wouldn't let his friend die, no matter the risk.

Majmun

Oh man, I'm really going to hate it when Oberyn gets killed. His death in the book was very brutal.

He's such an awesome and very chrismatic character in the show. Oh well :(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Is Pedro's accent typical for Chile or is he altering it a bit? I love listening to him speak.
In The Mentalist he speaks with a standard American accent. I think he's "faking" the accent for the show to make Dorne a bit more exotic.

It's hard to take book reader complaints seriously when this is the kind of stuff they decide to bitch about.
Well I'm a purist, and I don't mind that line change so much, so... :p I think "Only Catelyn" would have been the best of both worlds though.

I couldn't stop laughing at what they had Bronn wearing yesterday. I've never seen a character on the show donning such attire.
Yeah he reminded me of the Cardinal of Richelieu, lol. It looked a bit anachronistic, but it drove the point home that he's a little lord now.

Im kinda worried what they're doing to Arya. Shes fairly merciless :/
Uh, as she should be. I thought she was way watered down in S2, it's about time she started killing some folks.

Why do people think Daario is Euron?
Because GRRM takes too much time to release each books and his hardcore readers get bored and/or insane.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So since I spoiled myself on Oberon dying to the mountain, how the fuck does Tyrion get out of this predicament? He's still around in the books correct?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do you really want to know??

I knew about the red wedding before hand, I don't think it matters anymore what I know and don't know really

To be fair it didn't really ruin my enjoyment of the scene either, guess I don't really care about spoilers. Don't detail it too much tho, just broad strokes :p

I recommend just waiting and seeing. The events after the fight will likely still surprise you.

Ok I'll just wait then /shrug. The show/books are just fucking depressing tho, it's one of the few things I don't mind being spoiled, eases the pain lol.

So since I spoiled myself on Oberon dying to the mountain, how the fuck does Tyrion get out of this predicament? He's still around in the books correct?

Basically:

* Oberyn never fights the Mountain. Just as they are about to get into it, Tywin puts an end to the "farce".
* Tyrion has to fight instead.
* As the mountain is about to chop him in half, Tyrion races forward and bites him in the balls. The crowd groans, even Tywin.
* For some reason (this is never explained properly) this is the Mountain's weakness or something as he goes down to the ground where Tyrion can easily defeat him.
* From there things are pretty much back to normal around King's Landing. The main difference is Tyrion is a bit less trusting and he doesn't have Bronn to back him up.
* Tyrion then holds a competition to find a new Bronn, the winner ends up being the Hound who has returned from dropping off Arya to Petyr/Sansa.
* But Tyrion doesn't want to be like Joffrey with his own dog. He wants only cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom