• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm personally going to guess that Lady Stoneheart isn't in the finale.

They've made it a point to shy away from magic and mysticism except when absolutely unavoidable.

Jon has had no hints at all at having warging abilities, in fact Ghost has been severly underplayed since Season 1 imo.

I'm not really on board with that. Avoiding the wolves? Yeah but I believe that is more about budget and difficulty rather than anything else. You could tell they wanted to avoid them on screen as much as possible and interacting with people just made it a lot worse.

Otherwise I feel the TV show has done more to play up the White Walkers, The Red God and even the Warlocks...for no real good reason.

I'm not sure we'll get zombie Mountain, but LSH is certain to be in, just a question of when. I'm pretty relaxed either way, as others have said it is all about the initial WTF moment. After that she doesn't actually do anything.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

They've made it a point to shy away from magic and mysticism except when absolutely unavoidable.

Jon has had no hints at all at having warging abilities, in fact Ghost has been severly underplayed since Season 1 imo.

Other than Jon not warging I don't see how you can possibly say this.

Pkaz01

The show will end with lady stoneheart or more likely a scene with the children of the forest.

S1 dragons/fire
S2 white walker/ice
S3 dany/fire
S4 the children/ice

Didnt george do something similar?

A-V-B

I'm not really on board with that. Avoiding the wolves? Yeah but I believe that is more about budget and difficulty rather than anything else.

Otherwise I feel the TV show has done more to play up the White Walkers, The Red God and even the Warlocks...for no real good reason.

I'm not sure we'll get zombie Mountain, but LSH is certain to be in, just a question of when. I'm pretty relaxed either way, as others have said it is all about the initial WTF moment. After that she doesn't actually do anything.

Exactly. She gets much more use being a year-long exciting bit of discussion instead of finding out what she really gets up to. Which is very little.

dubq

OUT

Briene will be too busy
eating Sandor's ear
to be hanged.

Nah. Stoneheart isn't even introduced via Brienne in the books. It's just a epilogue scene with a Frey getting hanged. They could easily do the same thing, or something similar. I'm in the camp that this will be the last scene. Saving it for Season 5 would be anti-climactic, IMO, and lack that true shocking cliffhanger moment that will give people something to speculate over for the next year.

dubq

They made it a point to fully explain and even show the power of the Red God by talking about and showing one of Beric's resurrections. It's happening.

The lack of direwolves is a CGI/budget thing.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
She walks out and drops her hood. She then whispers "Only Cat" and the season ends.
LMAO

Nah. Stoneheart isn't even introduced via Brienne in the books. It's just a epilogue scene with a Frey getting hanged. They could easily do the same thing, or something similar. I'm in the camp that this will be the last scene. Saving it for Season 5 would be anti-climactic, IMO, and lack that true shocking cliffhanger moment that will give people something to speculate over for the next year.
Agreed, and it seems very obvious to me.

Can you people voting tally the votes as you post please? I think so far we're at this:

IN: 11
OUT: 6

So next person to vote, say something like IN: 12, OUT: 6.

I'll be kinda sorta pissed if they don't end the episode with LSH, hell make it a post-credits scene, those are popular these days.

IN: 12

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The Only Cat joke above reminds me that we still have LSH/Littlefinger meetup and fireworks potential. That could be awesome.

Kozak

Banned
woo

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

I dont know why these emotes are available to me
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

Majmun

IN

So many people are still talking about the Red Wedding. Stoneheart's reveal is going to melt minds. Ending the season with her introduction is going to have a huge impact. People just love revenge stories.

Really? The whole point of the series is that magic and mysticism is underplayed, that's why it's so shocking when it does happen. If they were cutting magic and mysticism, they would have had Stannis pay an assassin to kill Renly, and they probably would have killed off Bran by now, as "magic and mysticism" is basically the crux of his entire storyline.

Not to mention they took great pains to set up the BWB and Thoros of Myr.

Pkaz01

There is no way they miss the chance blow everyone's mind in the finale. People will be going crazy about it and the hype for next season would be out of control.

Im in.

IN: 16

Moff

I will be glad if its in the finale, but I understand and approve if they move it out of the already overloaded episode 10 and to season 5.

IN: 16
OUT: 7

In for LSH.

People are going to freak out.

Someone asked me today whether Jon was going to die, due to him leaving the wall. I wasn't going to spoil ADWD but i told him Jon should be back next season. He was also interested in Tyrion, and I told him Tyrion's storyline should wrap up in the last episode. These are the things he's currently occupied with. Poor child has no idea whats coming.

Ideally, the Twyin scene should come first and while everyone thinks that is the big season ender, they get hit with the LSH bit. Maybe casually do some buildup earlier in the episode about dead bodies in the river. I think, going by how the show has been written in the past, they'll show the kiss of life being administered. Maybe some dialogue about giving the Lady Stark a proper burial.

People may even think there's a chance Rob will come back, too. That would be so evil on the show runners part. So much that I'm hoping LSH is in.

iamblades

I'm in.

I'm definitely going to be skipping the previously on though, cause that could seriously spoil it one way or the other depending on if they show thoros and beric in it.

RedShift

I'm being optimistic.

Stannis will be awesome.

Tyrion/Tywin/Shae plays out exactly like the book.

Stoneheart is in.

England beat Italy 5-0.

Post credits scene, cut to an old portly man in a dark room. "It's... It's done". GURM holds up the finished manuscript of TWOW, lightning flashes in the background. August 2014 appears on the screen.

Also, it's crazy that not only has this thread reached two OTs, the non spoiler one is closing in on page 200 as well.

Kain

I'm being optimistic.

Stannis will be awesome.

Stoneheart is in.

England beat Italy 5-0.

Post credits scene, cut to an old portly man in a dark room. "It's... It's done". GURM holds up the finished manuscript of TWOW, lightning flashes in the background. August 2014 appears on the screen.

Also, it's crazy that not only has this thread reached two OTs, the non spoiler one is closing in on page 200 as well.

You just jinxed it. 2017 confirmed.

JonnyBrad

I'm being optimistic.

Stannis will be awesome.

Stoneheart is in.

England beat Italy 5-0.

Was with you until bold. We haven't got a prayer.

SamVimes

I'm being optimistic.

Stannis will be awesome.

Stoneheart is in.

England beat Italy 5-0.

Still more likely than england beating italy

DeSo

Banned
I'm IN for Stoneheart, this episode is going to be almost too jam-packed, really hope they do it well. Thought the previous episode was kind of weak despite being technically impressive.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I live on hope, so I say LSH is IN

I can't wait to read the other thread after the finale. It will be glorious

NeoGiff

As much as I have my doubts, I'm still clinging onto that little bit of hope. Count me in.

In: 24
Out: 7

Edit: Counting Creamium's vote, that brings us to 24.

RedShift

I was hoping they'd introduce Stoneheart with the Brienne scene, because it really makes it clear she isn't just back, she's crazy and pretty evil. Hence why people call her Stoneheart not Catelyn.

Looks like that might not be happening though. I still definitely think she'll be the final scene, it would be nuts for her to not be.

SamVimes

To be honest, I didn't like her in the books, so I was pretty pissed she was back. Luckily it didn't amount to anything so far.

Speaking of which, was it ever explained why Stannis didn't keep using leeches? It was proven to be extremely effective. Couldn't he have done like 10-20 leeches a day and taken over the world?

Would only take a few letters once word got out. "Give up your titles or I'll fucking leech you!"

Melisandre probably just said it wouldn't work again. I think it's much more likely that she saw their deaths in the flames and took the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom