• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selner

Pretty sure no one is changing their opinion here, but I thought the episode was glorious. If we have to deal with cliffhangers, I'll take the way they did it last night.

#teamstannislives

I honestly wanted Brienne to say "but not today", but I guess that wouldn't have made complete sense.

She may well still say it, as there's no way Stannis is dead. Do people really think she killed him?

If that's how the show writers end Stannis... that's just sad and awful.
In the books he's probably got quite a bit left in him before the end.

Euron

Having GRRM say "oh you think he's dead do you?" 100% confirms that we haven't seen the last of Jon. No other way around that.

The only problem is, wtf is going on with the Boltons now that Stannis is probably dead? What's going on with Sansa and Theon? Is Stannis going to somehow live and rally the northern houses next season?

If Stannis is dead does this mean he loses the Battle of Winterfell in the books or does Lord Manderly betray him after?

Barzul

I hope we finally get an explanation of WTF Rickon has been up to in Season 6, one of the show's biggest mysteries. Also more on the Iron Islands please.

Oh my god Im so sorry, Im in the wrong thread lol

I wish I could delete this thread from my thread list, I knew Id stumble in here by accident.

So real talk... In both the books and the show; if Jon is really dead, is there a POV character who can take the story line forward?

That's the #1 reason for me to think Jon might not be done... there's no one else at the Wall to carry the story forwards and, as it seems to be one of the biggest points of conflict as the series winds down, we need someone there

Jinkies

I wonder how old people are claiming offense at the sexual and violent themes of the story?

I have to assume at least mid-30s. That seems to be when conservative values kick in.

Branduil

"Jet fuel can't melt steel beams"

yRPfsHS.jpg

Barzul

So real talk... In both the books and the show; if Jon is really dead, is there a POV character who can take the story line forward?

That's the #1 reason for me to think Jon might not be done... there's no one else at the Wall to carry the story forwards and, as it seems to be one of the biggest points of conflict as the series winds down, we need someone there

True GRRM did say we'd be spending most of book 6 in the North iirc

Arkeband

Banned
I honestly wanted Brienne to say "but not today", but I guess that wouldn't have made complete sense.

She may well still say it, as there's no way Stannis is dead. Do people really think she killed him?

If that's how the show writers end Stannis... that's just sad and awful.
In the books he's probably got quite a bit left in him before the end.

A cool shot of Brienne driving her sword through his head or something would have been too good to pass up.

I'm genuinely expecting the scene to pick up in S6 with Oathkeeper stuck in the tree above his head and Brienne sobbing and apologizing to Renly.

Another reason Jon should be alive is if he's dead, the chapters with Varamyr Sixskins serve absolutely no purpose. GRRM has set up so many clues that to disregard them all as red herrings would be silly.

Mel is already a POV character in the books, though all bets are on her resurrecting him.

Cuyejo

Didn't GRRM say there were 4 characters who make it to the end or something along those lines. Did he actually name them?

Edit: Yeah found it http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...in-Claimed-Would-Survive-His-Pitch-69880.html 5 not 4 and it was his original pitch of the books. I wonder how much of that conclusion changed as he's changed up quite a bit of what was originally planned as is.

from the show you'll guess it's fucking Ramsay Snow and 4 of its clones...

Well you know he's only the heir to Winterfell and all that...

Well he's the only able bodied Stark male left that could really fuck up the Bolton's claim on the North so it's safe to say that he could play a really important role. Might be where Sansa's arc is leading.

The Umbers and the rest of the Northern Lords who despise the Boltons. Probably gonna be one of the storylines next season if I had to guess. They're gonna recast Rickon to a 15 year old who knows how to fight and lead an army.
Let me rephrase that.

Nobody should give a fuck about rickon when bran comes back with a badass army of animals

Having GRRM say "oh you think he's dead do you?" 100% confirms that we haven't seen the last of Jon. No other way around that.

The only problem is, wtf is going on with the Boltons now that Stannis is probably dead? What's going on with Sansa and Theon? Is Stannis going to somehow live and rally the northern houses next season?

If Stannis is dead does this mean he loses the Battle of Winterfell in the books or does Lord Manderly betray him after?

I was expecting Littlefinger's army to show up, from the Vale.

You thought the CG was obvious? I didn't think it was noticeable, though the hair over her face and tight shots on her head stuff were pretty obvious. I just know Lena Headey doesn't actually have huge tits like that, I found that more distracting haha.

It wasn't Livia Soprano bad, but it was enough to be a bit distracting.

Yep. Anyone know why it was like that? I'd hope it was Lena's choice at least, and they did the best they could.

I think I read somewhere that she was pregnant when they filmed it.

TCRS

Banned
anyway this whole thing is pissing me off now. I want to know what actually happens. I don't think Stannis dies in the books, I don't think Sansa jumps and dies or breaks her (beautiful) legs, I don't think Myrcella dies, I don't think Shireen will ever be burned. That's all just shock value stuff by D&D. That's what I want to believe anyway. Man fuck GRRM and D&D.

anyway this whole thing is pissing me off now. I want to know what actually happens. I don't think Stannis dies in the books, I don't think Sansa jumps and dies or breaks her (beautiful) legs, I don't think Myrcella dies, I don't think Shireen will ever be burned. That's all just shock value stuff by D&D. That's what I want to believe anyway. Man fuck GRRM and D&D.

At least with this we know there's only going to be a less than a year wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom