• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Burt

I dunno, super inconsistent episode, Jamie and Bronn getting out on the far side of the river is forced. Dany burning Tarly is okay, but burning Dickon alongside him was forced. The drama between Sansa and Arya is as forced as the drama between Sansa and Jon. Arya getting sniffed out by Littlefinger runs counter to everything they've showed about her, and whether or not that's been earned, however good she is should stay consistent. And they hinted at Jamie v. Cersei then completely reversed it with a surprise pregnancy then reversed it again with "Never betray me again" and they're obviously going to reverse it again down the line.

Everyone dies but Jon because the Night King spares him to spread the message, which ends up being his fatal mistake.

Neece

This episode felt like fanfiction.

The rowing comment, the teasing of Rhaegar's marriage, a team of badasses, Gendry getting included because why not? and suddenly Cercei is ok with peace?

I don't know.

EDIT: Sam stealing shit in every place he visits made me laugh.

I don't think Cersei is ok with peace. She's trying to outsmart Danny since she knows straight up fighting will fail. In her own words trying to do what Tywin would do:

jett

D-Member
George wishing he thought of this shit.

tenor.gif

I can't believe they just handwaved away the revelation that Jon isn't a bastard....

Whenever Bran confirms Jon's true parentage, Sam will remember this tidbit, and while looking for proof Gilly will reveal that she brought that one book with her, because she sure liked reading about dem steps.

cj_iwakura

Didn't expect such a slow burn of an episode but I liked it. Gendry coming back is awesome, no complaints. The next episode is going to be chaos, I assume. Arya's playing checkers and Littlefinger's playing chess.

Lautaro

I don't think Cersei is ok with peace. She's trying to outsmart Danny since she knows straight up fighting will fail. In her own words trying to do what Tywin would do:

She certainly leveled up from her original self. I think it was here that somebody mentioned that Cersei is replacing Aegon so that would make sense why she's more levelheaded and calculating now.

I mean, this is the woman that gave weapons to the sparrows.

What writer doesn't love fanfiction?

Ha! not sure if it was your purpose but there's old comments from him stating he really dislikes fanfiction.

The cell scene is the like the GoT universe avengers assemble lol. BTW next weeks trailer looks like its on. Finally a real episode dedicated to white walkers.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Whenever Bran confirm Jon's true parentage, Sam will remember this tidbit, and while looking for proof Gilly will reveal that she brought that one book with her, because she sure liked reading about dem steps.
Gilly: "Bowel movement entries? Thatsmyfetish.gif"

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Didn't expect such a slow burn of an episode but I liked it. Gendry coming back is awesome, no complaints. The next episode is going to be chaos, I assume. Arya's playing checkers and Littlefinger's playing chess.

Bit a fan at all of Littlefinger getting the drop on Arya.

Azor Ahai wouldn't have a chance against that group of fuckers, holy hell. SO HYPED.
They all gonna die you sweet summer child:

So as cold and death filled the earth, the last hero determined to seek out the children, in the hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a sword, a horse, a dog, and a dozen companions. For years he searched, until he despaired of ever finding the children of the forest in their secret cities. One by one his friends died, and his horse, and finally even his dog, and his sword froze so hard the blade snapped when he tried to use it. And the Others smelled the hot blood in him, and came silent on his trail, stalking him with packs of pale white spiders big as hounds—” (agot, 479)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm just glad the first thing they did when they let those guys out of the cell was give Thoros some booze.

Severance

I think this is the weakest episode of the season by far. The pacing felt off and it was one giant cock tease for the final two episodes. Maybe it's necessary, I hope it pays off in the finale.

Arya and Littlefinger had the worst scenes. The director did a poor job for sure. Not that he had much to work with from the writers. This show is all style and no substance now. When you don't have style, it gets bad. Real bad.

jett

D-Member
So exactly what kinda proof are they gonna bring back. I didn't see no cage with them.

Too bad D&D are playing marbles.

_Ryo_

It's obvious Littlefinger's plan is to set up Arya to think that Sansa will betray Jon. I expect this plan to backfire immensely. I mean, Arya has to know that finding that letter was way too fucking easy. If she honestly was duped like that I've lost a lot of respect for her because it's just so obvious that Littlefinger wanted her to find it.

Burt

It makes sense. It's not her game.
She snuck around the Twins for weeks in different disguises and murdering various people before she got into the kitchen and dropped the poison that killed dozens of people within seconds.

I'm not here to litigate whether or not that was earned, but Littlefinger scoping her out while she breaks into a room and her not seeing it is entirely inconsistent with what we've seen.

How many you expect to live in the GoTs version of magnificent seven? I expect half of them to die. Gendry, the two fire God characters are definitely gone I think. I would say hound too but he needs to fight the mountain first.

Rixxan

I think this is the weakest episode of the season by far. The pacing felt off and it was one giant cock tease for the final two episodes. Maybe it's necessary, I hope it pays off in the finale.

Arya and Littlefinger had the worst scenes. The director did a poor job for sure. Not that he had much to work with from the writers. This show is all style and no substance now. When you don't have style, it gets bad. Real bad.

Yeah you could literally feel every scene dripping with forced plot movement - oh well as posters above me have said

GIMME DAT #SQUAD NEXT WEEK SON

Chase17

I can maybe get on board with all the fan fiction stuff going on, but I can't get down with this weak reasoning for it. This whole sneak into King's Landing to get the ok to bring a white walker down to get Cersei to get her pointless aid is dumb. This Littlefinger/Sansa/Arya stuff is also uninteresting.

That said (and I'll immediately be a hypocrite) they have double downed so hard on the fan service stuff with #SQUAD that I'm 100% in.

Top Bottom