• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Gold - FREE at GOG (24 hours)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Unreal Gold is free for the next 24 hours over on GOG.

maxresdefault.jpg

About: Your prison ship has crash-landed on the fastest, sleekest, most dangerous 3D world ever created. Look around, crystal clear water shimmers, shadows dance and shift, alien architecture fades into the horizon. Discover the secret of this mysterious planet and find out what caused a peaceful race to be enslaved by vicious merciless aggressors.

- Over 47 eye-popping single player missions.

- 20 multiplayer levels with 5 different game types.
- Ruthlessly intelligent enemies, each with unique personalities.
- An arsenal of over 13 deadly weapons...all guaranteed giblet action.
- Includes all of the latest Unreal enhancements and technical improvements.
- Special graphical and performance enhancements for the latest 3D cards.
  • Includes the original Unreal game and its expansion - Return to Na Pali
  • Use a wide variety of weapons with many fire modes, some of them upgradeable
  • Great gameplay, superb level design and an interesting story

https://www.gog.com/game/unreal_gold

I personally enjoy the music of this game. If you bought the Unreal Anthology collection, you received a very nice soundtrack.

Last edited:

Diddy X

It's free on Steam too.

store.steampowered.com/app/13250/Unreal_Gold/

I can't link to the free item alone

Last edited:

Maxximus

Neo Member
I’ve been loving all these free games on GOG. Before I buy any games on PC, I now check to see if they’re on GOG first.

Tarin02543

No I do not think so, however there appear to be 16:9 resolutions available so this version is definitely adapted to modern systems.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have played for about 15 minutes and I'm surprised how well the graphics have aged.
Yeah, if you liked the game back in the day it still holds nostalgic value and looks pretty good.

If you never played the game it’s unlikely to be appreciated.

asker

Wow what a coincidence. I had the urge to buy this and play it again so I was hovering the purchase button no more than a week ago. Tonight I return to Na Pali!

sono

I notice that Unreal series is in the top 10 on Gog right now. (UT2004 is number 2!!)

Also GOG has the complete set of Unreal titles at £5.96 at the moment..

• Unreal Gold (the Original game with latest patches + Return To Na Pali Expansion)
  • Unreal 2
  • Unreal Tournament 2004 (Editors Choice Edition)
  • Unreal Tournament GOTY
GOG

Just buy it people.. thank me later..

Last edited:
...But Tournament still is the shit.

Can confirm.

I installed it on my newly built retro gaming rig just to test it out (via a physical CD before this sale) and -oh my word- I'm addicted all over again. All of the weapons and secondary fire options feel amazing. The controls are tight and it's ultra fast. The "wwwaaah" pickup/charge sound of the flak cannon is so damn good. Gibs. Gibs everywhere.

Top Bottom