• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreleased Final Fantasy XV Commercial: VISCERAL ACTION

Mailbox

Yeah, probably. Cause the ad one obviously looks to have a lower quality.

Ummm... what?
Outside of resolution (since you know.. its an ad and really low res at that), the bottom is much better.

Water has better specular effects, the colour grading is MUCH better and has a much less "beta look" to it.

Its really really hard to tell (texture wise) due to the resolution difference, but the advert footage is much more pleasing on the eye.

Ummm... what?
Outside of resolution (since you know.. its an ad and really low res at that), the bottom is much better.

Water has better specular effects, the colour grading is MUCH better and has a much less "beta look" to it.

Its really really hard to tell (texture wise) due to the resolution difference, but the advert footage is much more pleasing on the eye.
Honestly, how can you see that when the video itself is of such low quality?

I think the only thing that you can really make out in that ad gif/video is that the textures seem to be of lower quality and much blurry in comparison to the one from above which is from E3 trailer if I'm not mistaken and looks very sharp.

Rappy

Ummm... what?

Eh, I think it's pretty easy to tell the textures on Leviathan herself are lower res despite the video being compressed quite a bit. It's like during the Gamescom footage, you could tell despite Gamespot's horribly compressed/captured footage (except people thought that compression was part of the game too WTF). But who knows if that is even final build. Still looks good enough to me.

Mailbox

Honestly, how can you see that when the video itself is of such low quality?

I think the only thing that you can really make out in that ad gif/video is that the textures seem to be of lower quality and much blurry in comparison to the one from above which is from E3 trailer if I'm not mistaken and looks very sharp.

Eh, I think it's pretty easy to tell the textures on Leviathan herself are lower res despite the video being compressed quite a bit. It's like during the Gamescom footage, you could tell despite Gamespot's horribly compressed/captured footage (except people thought that compression was part of the game too WTF). But who knows if that is even final build. Still looks good enough to me.

Not quite the same thing here tbh. This isn't just shitty compression, its also REALLY low res. Never trust texture detail when the trailer is sub-hd.

For example, the Altissia scene in the trailer where they arrive by boat, is lifted straight out of the Altissia trailer earlier this year, and yet its much more muddy and messy due to the low resolution and compression issues. Going frame by frame on the advert and the original Leviathan stuff, i personally don't see any real difference in detailing, just a lower res and high compression.

As for the specular comment, the way the water shimmers in the background is much MUCH better than all the waterfall and water current stuff we've seen in Altissia yet (which, honestly didn't look good at all) [That being said, it could very well be the time of day, but I doubt it]

silva1991

Looks like one of these guys.

Where is my reflect spell when I need it..

Definitely still a behemoth of some form. Most likely they're doing a throwback to the original FFI concept art:
45f67fc3cd8f32421d181d39ca5ff30b.jpg

That might be it. Looks cool af.

Still want this guy even if optional hunt:

g73bdia4dgep720pmp4snap-7.jpg

Definitely still a behemoth of some form. Most likely they're doing a throwback to the original FFI concept art:
45f67fc3cd8f32421d181d39ca5ff30b.jpg

Reminds me that I have an authorized Amano print of this in storage that I need to frame....

Still want this guy even if optional hunt:

g73bdia4dgep720pmp4snap-7.jpg
It would be cool to see some Versus XIII nods especially in post-release content. I think Tabata said they would consider Versus DLC costumes if demand were high enough. DO IT TABATA

martino

I never really noticed that this FFXV song (Apocaylpsis Noctis) sounds like Skyrim at points. Now I can't un-hear it.

because it's a ffXV score ...ok... one movement is 100% same melody as skyrim theme (with vocal)

it's rick astley chronos cross level.

but the song is good (love vocals)

Ishida

Banned
Okay, I'll ask. What upgrade?

Dude, for real? The water actually looks like water now. Love the way it shines in the latest version. It look duller in the above picture.

Lighting in the buildings behind Leviathan also looks better and more natural. The lighting in the above picture make the buildings look more like the miniatures they actually are. The below image disguises the effect better.

benzy

Water definitely, but the more pronounced texture on Leviathan is what looks better to me between the top/bottom gifs.

The textures look the same in frames where you can even take a decent look at the textures. The difference between the two gifs is in the quality of the source footage, the new commercial is extremely low quality (the uploader even used a third party desktop capture software hence the "press esc to exit full screen" in the beginning" further adding compression. The low quality feed and compression blurs out a bunch of detail.

You can barely see any texture work in the majority of the footage.

XTec.png

Dude, for real? The water actually looks like water now. Love the way it shines in the latest version. It look duller in the above picture.

Lighting in the buildings behind Leviathan also looks better and more natural. The lighting in the above picture make the buildings look more like the miniatures they actually are. The below image disguises the effect better.
The textures look the same in frames where you can even take a decent look at the textures. The difference between the two gifs is in the quality of the source footage, the new commercial is extremely low quality (the uploader even used a third party desktop capture software hence the "press esc to exit full screen" in the beginning" further adding compression. The low quality feed and compression blurs out a bunch of detail.

You can barely see any texture work in the majority of the footage.

XTec.png

Well, this is exactly why I said the above gif (from E3 footage) looks better. I didn't mean that the game won't be as good or better than what we've seen in the E3 footage, just that between the two gifs it was really hard to see the ad one as the better looking one or as Ishida said it, an upgrade, because of low quality and how it had affected the overall look of the scenes. (especially the textures)

Though, I admit that after reading earlier replies now I agree with water looking more realistic and water-like in the ad.

Top Bottom