• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Utawarerumono pls

Haha. I seriously wonder what went down between Atlus and Aquaplus.

Anyway, maybe he could get Phantasy Star Nova, that's fairly noteworthy. Oh, and Tales of Innocence R since he's friendly with Bamco now! I doubt he'd be interested in KanColle.

Ehh, this is just degrading into fanboy wishful thinking now :(

You're probably onto something with Utawarerumono though. He does like SRPGs.

Saphirax

Anyway, maybe he could get Phantasy Star Nova, that's fairly noteworthy. Oh, and Tales of Innocence R since he's friendly with Bamco now! I doubt he'd be interested in KanColle.

bd8M3_s-200x150.gif

I'll take those three
into my dreams :(.

Pata

Akiba's Beat could get a release and a physical version in Europe if this listing from Xtralife, which seems to be non-import (as Badland is listed as the distributor), turns out to be true.

PS: Forget about the release date given in the listing.

By SEGA they mean Atlus, they're now in charge of Sega localizations. And if Atlus is localizing, Vita version will definitely will be there. I even expect a CE for Vita too.

I mean odin sphere got a first run artbook with vita but the CE was PS4. Proabbly similar if this happens.

Saphirax

By SEGA they mean Atlus, they're now in charge of Sega localizations. And if Atlus is localizing, Vita version will definitely will be there. I even expect a CE for Vita too.

OS didn't get a CE, Caligula is digital only. If there is a CE it'll be ps4 only.

Might as well post it here too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/5373ao/habusan_on_why_digimon_world_next_0rder_wont_be/

http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=281343

According to this interview, and this is the only official reasoning we will ever get, the improved PS4 version would be too different from the Vita version and implementing all the new elements would be too difficult in the Vita version.

For example: the PS4 version comes with extra 30 story quests. These aren't just extra missions that you play after beating the main campaign. They are actually part of the main campaign so the whole story structure would've changed. The way the translator put it, it sounds to be that the PS4 version will be similar to how Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode changed and added some story elements to the main story that are not simply stuck to the end of the game. And all of these improvements also remained 3DS exclusive.

So the PS4 version is basically a next 0rder decode. Although it has to be said that the difference between Re:digitize and re:digitize decode was bigger because the UMD's had very limited storage capacity. Some of Decode's content was meant for the original release but was cut.

They could have avoided some of the confusion by just giving it a slightly different title.
Doesn't make it better, but I can somewhat understand it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

TOIR fan localization is in the works, you need henkaku obviously.
FDCxFra.jpg
0chpGW4.jpg

Takao

Banned

That's the exact excuse I was expecting them to drop. I don't really buy it. Okay, maybe the new content is so extensive and built in such a way that it can't be applied in a patch to the Vita version. However, localization work requires programming work. Are you telling me the new content couldn't have been programmed back into the Vita version for international release? The Vita version of Next 0rder is less than half of Vita's max game capacity, so storage isn't an issue.

There's also another option: release the base Vita version in the west. Bandai Namco has done at least two simultaneous multiplat releases within the last year where one version had less content than the other. With Godzilla, they were upfront about the PS3 version lacking multi-platform, some features and additional content. They weren't upfront about SAO: LS. Bring over the original version of N0, make sure people know it has less content and knock $10 off your usual digital-only MSRP.

autoduelist

GAIJINWORKS
‏@gaijinworks
Summon Night 6 PS Vita Wonderful Edition presales are holding at 54% of the PS4 WE presales despite having <20% of PS4 WW userbase. Discuss

That's really impressive, actually. Go vita!

To put that in easy numbers to visualize:
100 people own ps4s
19 people own vitas (<20%)

yet something like 6 people buying on vita, and 10 buying on PS4. [note: there is no baseline to get the exact number... it could be 11 and 20, etc. all we know is the ratio]

And that ratio is impressive.

N° 2048

100 people own ps4s

yet something like 6 people buying on vita, and 10 buying on PS4. [note: there is no baseline to get the exact number... it could be 11 and 20, etc. all we know is the ratio]

That's awesome. I've never played the Summon Night series but it looks pretty good.

Might give Summon Night 5 a shot if I get time. I can see myself grabbing Summon Night 6 even if I don't play 5...I just want to support the Vita as much as I can.

100 people own ps4s

repeat after me

VITA! MEANS! LIFE!

Seriously though, it's great to see some good Vita news finally. :)

RK128

That's awesome. I've never played the Summon Night series but it looks pretty good.

Might give Summon Night 5 a shot if I get time. I can see myself grabbing Summon Night 6 even if I don't play 5...I just want to support the Vita as much as I can.

I really enjoyed my time with Summon Night 5 despite how hard I felt the game was at points, so I highly recommend it :). One of my first official reviews was on that game funny enough and it was published on the Vita Lounge :D!

RK128

I've been neglecting my Vita lately. Any recommendations for some fast paced Action/platformer? I played Axiom Verge already.

I wrote reviews on recent Vita games and one game I was able to review this summer 10 Second Ninja X.

http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/07/2...w-playstation-vita-playstation-4-xbox-one-pc/

I really loved this one, as it had tight controls alongside some really solid level designs. Its a short game (took me 3 hours to beat the main story) but you have a ton of content to dig into (another 50-60 levels in addition to the main 60-70).

Have you folks played Shinren the Wanderer yet? I just got it today, checking it out now on a Vita Tv. It's really interesting! And the visuals are wonderful. Can't wait to see how it'll look on my Vita.

I just ordered an Aqua Blue slim from Japan, and I'm using the Vita TV to play games until it arrives. My thinking behind this is that I'll forget what the OLED on my white Vita looks like, so I won't be bummed out by the LCD in the Slim. Hope it works lol

Chesskid1

Banned
just started playing dungeon travelers 2. never played a dungeon crawling game like this before, and i must admit i'm really enjoying it.

I just ordered an Aqua Blue slim from Japan, and I'm using the Vita TV to play games until it arrives. My thinking behind this is that I'll forget what the OLED on my white Vita looks like, so I won't be bummed out by the LCD in the Slim. Hope it works lol

i sidegraded to a slim a while ago too, blue as well. i actually like the slim's screen better. the OLED is like playing on a TV with blown out oversaturated colors, while the slim has more toned down colors which i prefer (and the form factor is a ton better)

can't go wrong either way though. i go back to my OLED once in a while for henkaku and the colors bother me for a bit.

Have you folks played Shinren the Wanderer yet? I just got it today, checking it out now on a Vita Tv. It's really interesting! And the visuals are wonderful. Can't wait to see how it'll look on my Vita.

Slim is overall better, you won't miss the screen.

And yeah Shiren is pretty awesome, lots of interesting mechanics. Sadly wasn't able to put much time into it yet

TOIR fan localization is in the works, you need henkaku obviously.

Ehh. At this point I'm happy playing using a translation guide, but still, something official would've been nice.

It is really interesting thinking what Vic will do next though. If anyone's going to support Vita until it's impossible to do it any more, it's him.

Shizuka

Ehh. At this point I'm happy playing using a translation guide, but still, something official would've been nice.

It is really interesting thinking what Vic will do next though. If anyone's going to support Vita until it's impossible to do it any more, it's him.

That pace though. Releasing one game every two years doesn't really matter in the grand specter.

The GOAT: Velocity 2X

I just wish they didn't go with the
double ship gimmick
in the last few levels. Made things annoying to control them both at once (the controls kept confusing my feeble brain). I did manage to perfect the final level though, so I'm proud of that! I didn't manage to perfect all the levels though, managing to do the late levels with the huge maze like stages in 1 life was a bit beyond my patience.

Still an absolutely brilliant game though, and the critical urgency DLC was great fun to play through as well.

autoduelist

I've been neglecting my Vita lately. Any recommendations for some fast paced Action/platformer? I played Axiom Verge already.

Velocity has already been mentioned, but also:

TxK
Super Stardust Delta
Lumines
Nuclear Throne
Binding of Isaac
Crimsonland
Wipeout
killzone
unit 13
(a lot more fit the bill, but that should get you started)

Platformers -- Rayman, Fez

Aqua Blue vita = best handheld.

Drangleic

Neo Member

Yeah in my opinion Shiren the Wanderer is one of the best surprise of 2016. I didn't know about the mystery games before but this game is wonderful in so many ways. I love the graphics that are really well made but what i love the most is the games mechanics.So much depth in that game where you have to know all the items and their effects on the game, the patterns of monsters. So worth it, so muche replay value to with the side quests and the mini games...

That pace though. Releasing one game every two years doesn't really matter in the grand specter.

That's plenty when they'll continue doing in until the very last Vita cart is manufactured.

(Besides, Vic Ireland's studios were never going to "really matter" in the grand scheme of things, but they're a nice localization house who have on board).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
A lot of fan translations limit themselves to the menus, so I wouldn't get too excited yet.

There's already a TOI(the original ds game) fan translation, i dunno how complete it is but it could be used as a base for TOIR translation.

18-Volt

I'm more curious about what Japanese studios are doing right now. It's been a while since many of them announced anything, there some kind of silence going on.

Atlus: First party wise they're not doing anything, their last project Persona 5 just releases this month. Second party wise they're supposed to be publishing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim but that game seems to be MIA. But then again, it's a habit of Vanillaware, taking their time.

Marvelous: One game in development: Fate/Extella. They usually have multiple projects at same time, a brand new game announcement could come any moment.

Spike: Again, Spike too can handle multiple projects. Right now all they have is
Danganronpa 3. Plus they're supposed to have one secret Vita project.

Kadokawa: Their current project God Wars is releasing this fall and we know what they're doing besides that. Their next project should be the "Cthulhu mythos DRPG" game for PS platforms, probably for both of them.

NIS: Actually NIS is the least "silent" one. They just recently announced a new game: Princess is Money Hungry.

Idea Factory: They have their hands full right now. Black Rose Valkyrie might be their biggest project so far, plus they have Mary Skelter and Nepnep card game for Vita, and Nepnep online for unannounced platform.

Acquire: Currently they're busy with Akiba's Beat and assisting Sony on No Heroes Allowed VR. I'm curious about what their next project will be. I'm hoping for a historic slasher.

GungHo: They're swimming in a money pool, they don't give an eff. That's too bad actually, they're sitting on a chest full of priceless RPG franchises.

Top Bottom