• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Dungeon Travelers 2-2 is coming out on April 20 in Japan. Wonder whether we'll get this in the West.

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/dungeon-travelers-2-2-launches-april-20-japan

As what would probably be the best drpg of the year, in a year that will be full of drpgs, I wish we would get it. I also have no expectations whatsoever after whatever seems to have happened between Atlus and them, combined with the fact that no other company seems willing to step up to bat and try out any of AquaPlus' other titles.

ds1724

Shouldn't Sony be announcing a new Vita bundle for the holidays in Japan? I kinda want that Silver Vita, although I kinda dislike that black border that all the newer models have, so a bundle like the red and blue ones would convince me easier.

I'll keep an eye out for a new Japanese bundle....might grab an Orange one otherwise. I have an old 1000 model and didn't really think about the system becoming scarce...want to grab a 2000 before it's too late. The battery on my 1000 is getting worse and worse.

COWCAT

Neo Member
The patch for my upcoming adventure game Demetrios has been approved in both regions :)

It's already available for reviewers (so obviously it will be available day-one for the players)

So, release is set for December 6th!

Good stuff. Avoiding reviews like the plague - I know nothing about it. Not even when it's set, which (if any) previous characters return...nothing.

That's how I handle most games, I just scrolled down to the score :p
Couldn't tell you anything about S;G0, I just know I need it

Signature Edition Games on Vita releases - "watch this space"

https://twitter.com/SigEditionGames/status/801026721516584960

Sounds like Slain is a-go.

This pleases me greatly. Well, it'll definitely please me if the Slain port is as good as I hope it is. Hopefully some US Gaffers will post their thoughts on the game when it goes up today, I'm in the UK so I won't get my hands on it until tomorrow :( (oh well, plenty of time to finish Hitman Go then!)

Zhao_Yun

IIRC they actually made an alternative version of episode 23 of the anime as a lead-in for S;G 0. I should watch it before I play the game.

So according to Gematsu Atelier Firis is digital only again. After all the efforts for Atelier Shallie Plus.

Selling a retail Vita game alongsite a retail PS4 game is much more difficult. And we don't even know if Shallie Plus will be successful. Buy the hell out of Shallie and maybe they'll do an exclusive NISA LE release. They haven't announced any LE plans yet after all.

Shizuka

Selling a retail Vita game alongsite a retail PS4 game is much more difficult. And we don't even know if Shallie Plus will be successful. Buy the hell out of Shallie and maybe they'll do an exclusive NISA LE release. They haven't announced any LE plans yet after all.

Pre-order locked with VGP.

RK128

http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/22/interview-with-nicholas-marcelin-on-project-classic-warped/

I had an interview with Nicholas Marcelin on the promising upcoming Kickstarter for the PS Vita and PS4 'Project Classic: Warped'.

RK: What made you want to work on “Project Classic: Warped” and what were some inspirations for the project. I heard that this project is releasing on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, so why did you pick development of this project for those platforms?

Nicholas: Great question. Initially Project Classic was a nod to two of my favorite things; The Sony PlayStation Vita and classic platforming games like Jak and Daxter. The Vita had so much going for it, but ultimately lacked the support it deserved. Nowadays it’s been up to the community to keep the handheld alive.

There’s been so many indie announcements for the little guy, so much support that I just had to do something big for the handheld. Yes, the game is now being developed for PlayStation 4 as well, but I see this as a good thing. The PlayStation 4’s larger install base has allowed us to take the game to places we never thought possible. Warped going to be something so much bigger than originally anticipated and we can’t wait to show off the full game to fans soon.

RK: Having gameplay that dynamically changes depending on the play style is a bold move, but one that could play off in a big way. It will give your game a unique identity for sure. Any Vita specific features you want to implement into that version of the game?

Nicholas: There are no plans for any Vita specific features at this time. Currently, our main focus is making sure that the game runs properly on the handheld and it feels right at home. Anything that works on the PlayStation 4, but doesn’t on the vita gets canned. Getting the game on Vita is a main priority and we won’t let anything compromise that. However, we do plan on working with Sony to implement cross play and cross save features.

Jawmuncher

I'm getting real mad about these vita sales lately.
The last 3 weeks, the selection has been so sparse. Now we have a black friday sale and the selection is still sparse. I swear they better have a good amount of titles if they do a flash sale.

RK128

The last 3 weeks, the selection has been so sparse. Now we have a black friday sale and the selection is still sparse. I swear they better have a good amount of titles if they do a flash sale.

I thought it was okay, mainly on the PS1 Classics and PSP side of things. But I do agree, would be nice to see more Vita games go on sale.

The exchange rate is literally at its historical worst for me right now so there's little I could be driven to buy :/

Really looking forward to a discount on P2IS though

maouvin

Believe in the flash sale (it's confirmed for this weekend btw).

AniHawk

it's really weird. it's like there isn't a lot of attention being paid to the ps vita from sony. i bet that at psx we'll see some announcements though!

FDC1

Slain is up in Europe. Beware, cross-buy is not working yet and for some reason it's more expensive than PS4 version

Iron Sea Defenders is up too.

No sign of Hue yet.

18-Volt

Looks like Koei Tecmo is announcing a new localization every week. First Shallie Plus, then Godseekers and this week it's Atelier Firis. So then, next week it should be... Toukiden 2! My most anticipated Vita announcement right now. Hopefully they'll give a release date with the announcement.

Looks like Koei Tecmo is announcing a new localization every week. First Shallie Plus, then Godseekers and this week it's Atelier Firis. So then, next week it should be... Toukiden 2! My most anticipated Vita announcement right now. Hopefully they'll give a release date with the announcement.

Nah just kidding, Samurai Warriors next week!

I wonder if with KT's new found love for physical releases with Shallie Plus there's a small chance for Toukiden getting physical.

Shizuka

Nah just kidding, Samurai Warriors next week!

I wonder if with KT's new found love for physical releases with Shallie Plus there's a small chance for Toukiden getting physical.

I think that, like NISA, no game will get a physical print moving forward unless it's an exclusive.

Operation Babel is Vita-exclusive as far as physical goes and God Wars was a weird move now that they're committing to releasing DD-only when there's a physical PS4 release.

If you're referring to Cladun's digital-only announcement, I think it's a little premature to be calling anything based on that.

I don't have any expectation for Toukiden 2 physical btw. I think Chin dug the grave when he said Kiwami underperformed in 2015.

AniHawk

Operation Babel is Vita-exclusive as far as physical goes and God Wars was a weird move now that they're committing to releasing DD-only when there's a physical PS4 release.

it really depends on the game. god wars is a strategy rpg and there's been four previous ones for the ps vita from nisa themselves. cladun never had a physical release before this entry, so the vita version isn't an odd duck in that sense. experience drpgs and games like rose have proven to do well for nisa so physicals of those make sense.

if there's another big franchise game, like danganronpa (or disgaea) that makes it to vita, then you'll probably see a physical version of that.

Announcement: "Hmm, nope, sorry, we still don't give a shit."

I think we're getting Banner Saga on the day of the event (same as with Bastion last year). Maybe an announcement for Stardew Valley but these are pure speculations, hopes and dreams..

..and if I keep on dreaming I want a couple of port announcements:

Tharsis
Her Story
Infinifactory
Deaths Gambit
The remaining science adventure games
All of Will O'Neill's games
To Azimuth
Elegy for a dead world
Sleep is death
King of Dragon Pass

road not taken
Galak-z
Rain World

Realistically though, all I want is for Sony to announce remappable touch screen controls for Vita remoteplay so I can use my L2/R2 grip in every PS4 game.

Figures. She was always talking about it even before the end.

On the one hand, I'm glad because at times I felt like she was only making this project because she wanted to make a Vita game, which isn't the most encouraging thing. On the flip side, I've lost interest since this type of stuff is dime a dozen on PC. Maybe I'll try it out when the game's finished.

So, this may just be me being overly keen like always, but I still feel there's hope for Vita announcements at PSX:

https://twitter.com/werezompire/status/801518261812666368

https://twitter.com/FallenLegionPS/status/801509132104667136

Cosmic Star Heroine and Fallen Legion will both be playable on the console during the event (not just PS4). Death Tales is there too, which last I heard is still coming to Vita so likely that as well.

I know it's not much, but there hasn't been a Sony conference since PSX last year where Vita games were even mentioned, let alone playable, so it makes me hopeful.

So, this may just be me being overly keen like always, but I still feel there's hope for Vita announcements at PSX:

https://twitter.com/werezompire/status/801518261812666368

https://twitter.com/FallenLegionPS/status/801509132104667136

Cosmic Star Heroine and Fallen Legion will both be playable on the console during the event (not just PS4). Death Tales is there too, which last I heard is still coming to Vita so likely that as well.

I know it's not much, but there hasn't been a Sony conference since PSX last year where Vita games were even mentioned, let alone playable, so it makes me hopeful.

Just as long as we get some gameplay footage or something of said games on youtube later. Because anything would be better than what they did for E3 where they had a bunch of devs make trailers for their games, yet they didn't even show 2secs of the games in the montage at the end.

Top Bottom