• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

NDPsycho

I hope it does make it. Same for DI. The more VNs on the Vita the better! :p

DI does look interesting, but without knowing the vita goal and it being digital only, I'm not planning on backing it. I suppose they're waiting to hit their goal before listing the stretch goals.

Bunga

What are people's thoughts on Borderlands 2 on Vita?

I've just started it and I'm a little taken aback by how poor the framerate is in places. I mean, it's an achievement just getting it on the platform, not trying to take away from that, but the boss fight I just had with Flynt was a slide show?

Outside of that boss fight, I find it just about playable, but it's walking a fine line. How did you guys get on with the game?

Putosaure

I've just started it and I'm a little taken aback by how poor the framerate is in places. I mean, it's an achievement just getting it on the platform, not trying to take away from that, but the boss fight I just had with Flynt was a slide show?

Outside of that boss fight, I find it just about playable, but it's walking a fine line. How did you guys get on with the game?

I stopped when I arrived at Sanctuary. It's a real chore to play.
But if it's the only version you can play, it's better than nothing I guess...

maouvin

It got WAY better with all the patches it got. Some places are still rough, but I found it playable. Just wait for the textures to fully load when you enter a new area, don't set up your sensitivity too high and things should feel a bit better. Also set your game to offline from the main menu when you're soloing - being online keeps your mic open, and that's one more thing for the processor to handle.

(fwiw I played around 40h on Vita, and that was after playing 100+h on PC @ 1080p/60)

Bunga

I stopped when I arrived at Sanctuary. It's a real chore to play.
But if it's the only version you can play, it's better than nothing I guess...

It's more that I have a fairly uninspiring list of games for my Vita, it's a little neglected. But I just got a PS4 so was looking into becoming a little more involved with it while I'm out and about.

Outside of Borderlands, I have:

Final Fantasy VII, IX and X/X-2 HD (completed except last disc of IX and X-2 which is unplayed)
Gravity Rush (lent from a friend - played demo before, wasn't all that impressed)
Killzone Mercenary (completed)
Metal Gear Solid (completed)
Rachet & Clank HD Collection (lent from friend - played most of 1 before getting bored as it was too long)
Telltale TWD Season 1 (completed)
Uncharted Golden Abyss (completed)
Wipeout 2047 (completed)

Really want to give the console more love and I don't know whether I'm being narrow minded but it feels like a JRPG machine, which isn't a bad thing, but I'm not really in the know with them, I pretty much know Final Fantasy (don't judge me).

derFeef

I have a Pro on the way and I just found out about cross-save for some Musou games I recently bought on the Vita - I am stocking up on games now and download a lot with my new 64gb card.

But I have a weird problem with DLC and sometimes games on my Vita. I get the "download not possible / broken" icon within the bubble/download list and it won't go away. :-( Also how the hell can I download all DLC of a product in one single step? There are a LOT of items sometimes and it's really annyoing, especially since I often get the broken ones and I don't know if they are now installed or not :(

Takao

Banned
Akatsuki no Kiseki is available to pre-reg on PSN, so they've shown off some screenshots:

sFVcLre.png

BJiemeG.png

joI9QXq.png

It's a Unity game, so those playing should bring some reading material between screens.

Digimon Next Order PSVita vs PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbRYMjTCOdQ

Well, that looks... rough.

Here's a screenshot from the version I'll be buying:

Here's a screenshot from the version I'll be buying:

I'm not sure why, but of all the "skipping Vita version for PS4 in the west" stories (and they're becoming increasingly common), this one enrages me the most. At least Koei-Tecmo were somewhat apologetic about Nights of Azure; Bamco seem to be rubbing it in Vita fan's faces.

We'll have to see how Squeenix handle DQH2 before I can make a final judgement on who's been worst, though.

RK128

I'm not sure why, but of all the "skipping Vita version for PS4 in the west" stories (and they're becoming increasingly common), this one enrages me the most. At least Koei-Tecmo were somewhat apologetic about Nights of Azure; Bamco seem to be rubbing it in Vita fan's faces.

We'll have to see how Squeenix handle DQH2 before I can make a final judgement on who's been worst, though.

I'm still pissed at Bamco for what they pulled but after watching the comparison video, I feel like if they showed this the moment they announced 'We aren't bringing this to the Vita but it is due to that version being one we aren't happy with. Watch back-to-back footage of the two versions to see what we are talking about."

I reported on this video on 3WIREL and stated that the PS4 version appears to be a big step up from the Vita version and if they just explained things better, then I would be kinder toward the lack of a Vita version.

But what done is done and Bamco burned bridges with many Vita users. Just glad Hollow Realization is a playable game after thinking (foolishly I should add) it was a complete mess on Vita.

Might as well share here too:

For anyone who's not been totally scared away from Kickstarter, here's two pieces of news.

Sharin no Kuni (visual novel) is on the verge of hitting its Vita goal. You can pledge for a physical copy that'll release through Limited Run Games. If you pledge you'll get a Kickstarter-exclusive cover for the game. If not, there should still be a physical release down the line:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project

And devs of Plague Road (turn-based strategy-RPG) have confirmed they're teaming up with Limited Run Games for physical version of their game. Same deal, you get a Kickstarter-exclusive cover for pledging. Again, game looks like it's going to hit its goal easily so consider pledging if interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...uelike-turn-based-strategy-game/posts/1763102

mollipen

Is there a comprehensive list of what Vita games came out this year in North America floating around on the internet somewhere? I keep tabs on the stuff that's brought over from Japan, but I'm trying to get a good handle on all releases physical and digital.

I need it as ammo for defending the Vita as part of a work thing. *heh*

FDC1

Dex is also out on the EU Store. Another stealth release. Looks like it isn't cross-buy either.

Don't buy Dex yet, I get a black screen after the first cutscene. I restarted the game 3 times with the same result. I will try to redownload it just in case.

Edit: game is working when I put my Vita in english. I can't believe it. It's the 5th game I play during the last few months with a similar problem. Don't people test their games anymore? That's the kind of bugs we had in 1996 on Windows 95. In 2016, that's embarassing.

Takao

Banned
Kemco is porting their horror VN Raging Loop to Vita: http://www.kemco.jp/sp/games/rl/ja/ps/index.html Due out January 11th on PSN. They've had kind of an interesting history on Vita. They were at the platform's launch with the Japanese version of A-Men, but hadn't published anything until Asdivine Hearts stealth launched last week in Japan.

SIEJA has announced a series of Sony Store Vita LEs for Koei Tecmo's otome VN Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3 Ultimate:
http://www.sony.jp/playstation/store/special/psvita/haruka3ultimate/

Due out February 23rd for 24,580yen. Comes with special theme (not shown), box and ten physical buttons.

are each of the osomatsu brothers going to get one too
imagine if Vita ever got a real Idolm@ster game ...

Digimon's localization came as a result of a petition. Based on what we can tell, Vita owners came out to support Cyber Sleuth and to repay us, Bandai Namco decided to spit at us and tell the Japanese fans to fuck off. Next Order wasn't very well received over there and instead of putting in work through updates (which Bandai Namco has done with other titles), they're asking fans to buy the game again on another platform.

maouvin

Is there a comprehensive list of what Vita games came out this year in North America floating around on the internet somewhere? I keep tabs on the stuff that's brought over from Japan, but I'm trying to get a good handle on all releases physical and digital.

I need it as ammo for defending the Vita as part of a work thing. *heh*

/r/Vita has a nice list of past and upcoming releases: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/wiki/games/releases/dates/fullna#wiki_north_american_release_dates
It's not noted whether a game got a retail release though.

https://twitter.com/WolfgameNA/status/811001885553520640

was this known already? Va11-hall-a for vita is targeting a february release

Yes please.

So, Falcom seem determined to rip the "let's piss off Vita fans" crown straight from Square Enix's hands (previously held by Bamco, of course).

Not only is Sen no Kiseki III skipping Vita for PS4-exclusive:

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-ps4-launches-fall-2017-japan

But they're also adding extra content to PS4 version of Ys VIII, exactly what they said they weren't going to do after Tokyo Xanadu Ex+, which is gonna hurt the chances of the Vita version coming west (unless it gets patched into Vita):

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/ys-viii-ps4-launches-may-25-japan

Saphirax

So, Falcom seem determined to rip the "let's piss off Vita fans" crown straight from Square Enix's hands (previously held by Bamco, of course).

Not only is Sen no Kiseki III skipping Vita for PS4-exclusive:

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-ps4-launches-fall-2017-japan

But they're also adding extra content to PS4 version of Ys VIII, exactly what they said they weren't going to do after Tokyo Xanadu Ex+, which is gonna hurt the chances of the Vita version coming west (unless it gets patched into Vita):

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/ys-viii-ps4-launches-may-25-japan

While disappointing, after all the issues they had with CS on the Vita, it makes sense why they'd go ps4 only. The only problem will be the sales, but Falcom usually has loyal fans.

The 'extra' content for the ps4 version of YS is the content that had to be cut from the Vita version. From what I read it's going to be important to the story? So it was either include it with the ps4 version or just completely forget about it.

While disappointing, after all the issues they had with CS on the Vita, it makes sense why they'd go ps4 only. The only problem will be the sales, but Falcom usually has loyal fans.

The 'extra' content for the ps4 version of YS is the content that had to be cut from the Vita version. From what I read it's going to be important to the story? So it was either include it with the ps4 version or just completely forget about it.

I mean, my biggest beef with CSIII is just that Falcom spent a generation and a half making moderately-produced RPG's for Sony handhelds and suddenly at the final chapter of the trilogy they decide they need to bump production values so much that Vita isn't good enough anymore. Decide that shit at the start of a new trilogy, not at the final third.

Ys is another kettle of fish. If the content is too big to fit on the Vita cart - fine, whatever, release it as free DLC. I don't believe for a second that extra story content isn't capable of running on Vita (especially since they got the base game running so well on it) and it's just another Tokyo Xanadu-esque slap in the face to fans that they can't be bothered to patch this extra content in after the fact. Falcom really didn't seem that kind of company to me, but there you go - twice in a row now.

derFeef

That broken download thing pisses me off. I will post a screenshot after work so maybe you guys can help me - or should I just get used to it... ugh the download history is such a pain to use. even on web.

Saphirax

I mean, my biggest beef with CSIII is just that Falcom spent a generation and a half making moderately-produced RPG's for Sony handhelds and suddenly at the final chapter of the trilogy they decide they need to bump production values so much that Vita isn't good enough anymore. Decide that shit at the start of a new trilogy, not at the final third.

Ys is another kettle of fish. If the content is too big to fit on the Vita cart - fine, whatever, release it as free DLC. I don't believe for a second that extra story content isn't capable of running on Vita (especially since they got the base game running so well on it) and it's just another Tokyo Xanadu-esque slap in the face to fans that they can't be bothered to patch this extra content in after the fact. Falcom really didn't seem that kind of company to me, but there you go - twice in a row now.

It's annoying for sure, but I don't think Falcom themselves realized exactly how limited they'd be. CS1 already has cut content and they seemingly have issues developing for both Vita and the PS4 at the same time. No matter what choice they make sacrifices would need to be made somewhere. From what I've seen and read CS4 is also a possibility. They also seemed aware that, even if there was a Vita version of CS3, it'd be difficult to localize it. We're talking mid to late 2018 here unless Falcom had a change of heart.

I've no idea about the nature of the cut Dana content in Ys. Could be BS on their part, unwillingness to put in the effort for the DLC or bigger issues like performance. No way of knowing until the ps4 version comes out :/.

I've no idea about the nature of the cut Dana content in Ys. Could be BS on their part, unwillingness to put in the effort for the DLC or bigger issues like performance. No way of knowing until the ps4 version comes out :/.

It's in the article:

Additionally, there is a new system called “Suppression Battles” where you can attack an enemy’s base together with castaways, an additional scenario that depicts the unknown past of the game’s second protagonist Dana, and other PlayStation 4 version original modes that will let you further enjoy the action of Ys.

I don't see why they can't patch the additional scenario in. The other stuff maybe not, though I see no reason why additional modes can't be added.

Saphirax

It's in the article:

I don't see why they can't patch the additional scenario in. The other stuff maybe not, though I see no reason why additional modes can't be added.

I think they said from the start that the ps4 version would have exclusive modes. It's unfortunate that they most likely don't think it'd be worth it to update the vita version.

duckroll

Being used to it doesn't make it any less frustrating to put up with :p

Do you know who won't betray you? Kawazu won't betray you!

Even after a long delay, he is still trying to get the English Romancing SaGa 2 released on Vita! https://twitter.com/SaGa25kawazu/status/804564797224144897

And instead of porting Scarlet Grace to PC and PS4, he actually released it on Vita as planned! And he keeps promoting it! https://twitter.com/SaGa25kawazu

This is a man you can trust with your Vita!

Top Bottom