• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update 1.03 released for Final Fantasy XVI, Adds Motion Blur Settings and 3 more controller layout options etc

Rayderism

Glad they made motion blur where you can set the intensity, as opposed to just on or off. When playing at 30fps, you need some motion blur just reduce the judder, but not at the extreme they had initially.

Too bad I already played though it. It will be quite a while before I play it again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Does it add gameplay?
So far all i did was mash the x button
Fail Long Jump GIF

Go_Ly_Dow

My settings now:
Graphics mode
Camera Senitivity horizontal and vertical speed both upped to 6
Motion Blur 2
Target Follow Off
Player Follow (Movement) Player Follow and (Attack) both Off

Try it, feels much better to play and you can see the battles more clearly. Ghosting seems to have reduced around Clive and motion blur is subtle so it doesn't smudge the environmental details. Looks awesome on an OLED!
Played a few hours tonight with these settings and ain't going back now.

Raonak

Banned
Don't know if I should mess with controls and blur settings now that i'm already used to them...

O dodge sounds very interesting though....

Katatonic

I played around with the motion blur and camera settings, but I like the default settings most. Good to have the options though.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
My settings now:
Graphics mode
Camera Senitivity horizontal and vertical speed both upped to 6
Motion Blur 2
Target Follow Off
Player Follow (Movement) Player Follow and (Attack) both Off

Try it, feels much better to play and you can see the battles more clearly. Ghosting seems to have reduced around Clive and motion blur is subtle so it doesn't smudge the environmental details. Looks awesome on an OLED!
I tested patch too. Anything lower than 5 motion blur shows judder when rotating camera. And camera sensitivity 6 is faster so that’s not helping but ok. Good for you if you like it!

omegasc

I don't know if it's only the blur settings but it really seems smoother now. That or placebo effect lol

Finally being able to turn off that disgusting motion blur was like I could actually see the game for the first time.

Finally being able to have dodge on Circle is great, except for the fact that I spent the last 46 hours training myself to use dodge on R1 and now I have to untrain myself and it's resulting in embarrassing fuckups while fighting bosses. Fuck. This should not have been how the controls were at launch. Fuck.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Going to play this game in about 6 to 12 months in a much better state... maybe "free" on psplus if I wait enough ... cmon fix the damn perfomance mode you can do it

Last edited:

Rippa

New update sounds awesome!

Can anyone with the game tell me if we can tone down the vomit inducing colorful sparks after every hit?

Can we turn off damage numbers?

I have a $20 gift card at Target that I’m itching to use on this game.

Spaceman292

Banned
You wouldn't know good graphics if you looked straight at it.
That motion blur is some of the best motion blur ever in a video game bruh
Yeah I couldn't look at the graphics because everything was smeared to shit whenever I moved the camera by half an inch

Adds three new control schemes? Bruh, just let us customize.
Why would you need any game to add a custom layout when you can remap the buttons for the ps5 in the system settings? When I mostly played FPS games like Battlefield, I only need one custom profile.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
You wouldn't know good graphics if you looked straight at it.
That motion blur is some of the best motion blur ever in a video game bruh
You get used to it, that’s for sure, but even if it is the best motion blur in a video game, it’s still shit. Being able to turn it off is a huge plus for the presentation of the game.

Irobot82

Why would you need any game to add a custom layout when you can remap the buttons for the ps5 in the system settings? When I mostly played FPS games like Battlefield, I only need one custom profile.
I don't play a lot of PlayStation Games nor do I fully understand their OS. This is the first PS5 game I've bought for myself.

1. Remapping the PS5 buttons at the system level without having immediate access to what button does what in game is tedious.
2. Does the remapping only apply while in game (can I do it on a per game basis)?
3. If no, navigating outside of the game in the general OS with buttons remapped would also then suck. Then having to remember to put them back for anything else?

It's 2023. All games should come with customizable button mapping.

Last edited:

skit_data

I won't change controls now, they felt wierd at first but now they feel like second nature. It's good for those that really can't get overcome that good ol circle button dodge.
Although, as soon as you get Shiva you will be using that ability to dodge and that will be mapped to the circle button

Very thankful for the motion blur setting though, and it's good they made it 0-5 instead of just on/off. I think having a small amount of motion blur feels slightly better than leaving it completely off. Maybe it's just because I got used to having that smear effect and now it feels a little too "stop-motion"-isch to turn it off. Would've been nice to get stable, consistent 60fps but seeing some of the drops in the late game areas I won't hold my breath.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think the update added some stuttering in the main hub area and during dialogue to gameplay transitions. It was there before i even messed around with the motion blur settings.

GymWolf

I'
New update sounds awesome!

Can anyone with the game tell me if we can tone down the vomit inducing colorful sparks after every hit?

Can we turn off damage numbers?

I have a $20 gift card at Target that I’m itching to use on this game.
Nein and nah.

But not having all that blur helps a bit with readability.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Because you have to touch that on a game per game basis and not every game has shit mapped controls.

In 2023 there is no reason for a game to not have full remapping control like they do on pc with the keyboard.

Last edited:
I don't play a lot of PlayStation Games nor do I fully understand their OS. This is the first PS5 game I've bought for myself.

1. Remapping the PS5 buttons at the system level without having immediate access to what button does what in game is tedious.
2. Does the remapping only apply while in game (can I do it on a per game basis)?
3. If no, navigating outside of the game in the general OS with buttons remapped would also then suck. Then having to remember to put them back for anything else?

It's 2023. All games should come with customizable button mapping.
Ok, fair enough. Extra steps are required, but there is a fix for the games you play the most.
Because you have to touch that on a game per game basis and not every game has shit mapped controls.

In 2023 there is no reason for a game to not have full remapping control like they do on pc with the keyboard.
Not even Sony is relying on 3rd party devs to provide that option though. That told me not to expect most devs to put in the extra settings since its already provided by Playstation. This is actually kind of what they're planning to do with their accessibility option in the future on a system level, since most 3rd party games dont have disability options like their first paty games do.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Wow look at these lovely graphics

LImivdX.jpg
Yeah! That's EXACTLY why it looks smooth being 30fps game. That's exactly why it doesn't judder when panning the camera on oled.
And that's exactly what you get when you stand outside and rotate around like a fucking idiot :p

Top Bottom