• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

update 2.01

Synless

its up.

• Stability during playing some PLAYSTATION 3 format software has been improved.

• Stability of System Software including Internet Browser and Information Board has been improved.

• Stability of the upscaler for PlayStation 2 format software has been improved. (Playability of PlayStation 2 depends on model)

• [Remote Start] feature is changed to avoid unintended power on.

thanks for that info Chubigans.

Synless

Don't know Im downloading it now, all I know for sure is that it is supposed to do some stability stuff for assassins creed and I'm assuming uncharted.......

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Synless said:
Yea, I don't know whats up with uncharted because it hasn't froze on me at all. Others havent been so lucky apparently.

Same here. Been playing for a couple of hours (Ch. 6 I think) and it hasn't frozen.

Guy Legend

Souther said:
I'll test out the upscaling ps2 stuff when its installed

Great.

Also if anyone has Gran Turismo 4 and the 80gb, can you let us know if it works? 2.0 killed off its compatibility.

MoeB

Apparently in Uncharted your saved games screw up, or you can't pass a checkpoint and you need to load an older save. I've been playing it all afternoon and haven't had the problem *knocks on wood*
What an excellent game. Just wow.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I'm testing Remote Start via Internet. I was one of those with the "auto starts" issue. Will let you know in 10 minutes.

Steroyd

How fortunate that this update is slow and I can go to sleep given that it's 3am in the morning.

Why did I retry the download, I'm sure it's gone slower now.

Souther

Banned
Ok.

So far i noticed the freezing that was apparent when trying to play DVD's is now fixed.

PS2 upscaling is now back to the way it was as of FW 1.94. "Fullscreen" mode on 4:3 and 16:9
PS2 games no longer fill out the entire screen, therefore the overscanning is gone.

In terms of any difference in image quality...Its either the same as before or improved a lil..Hard to tell.

SS4Rob

Just got prompted for this - hopefully it'll fix my controller randomly not responding to buttons... after I just push them, heh.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Remote Start via Internet seems to be fixed. My PS3 isn't waking up by itself anymore. Can anyone who had the same issue check this out as well?

tanod

when is my burrito
TTP said:
Probably. It's just a +0.01 update after all.

downloading at an incredible speed btw. 60% already.

I think with 2.0, they turned the FW into a piece-meal structure, hence the "updating database" stuff, which means hopefully this and future updates only update the pieces it needs to.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tanod said:
I think with 2.0, they turned the FW into a piece-meal structure, hence the "updating database" stuff, which means hopefully this and future updates only update the pieces it needs to.

I think you are right indeed. We will know for sure when the PBP file is available on the website. Installation took about the same as before tho.

Edit: my PS3 is still sleeping :D

kuYuri

TTP said:
Remote Start via Internet seems to be fixed. My PS3 isn't waking up by itself anymore. Can anyone who had the same issue check this out as well?

Just got an opportunity to download it. I'm checking this issue now.

My download was blazing fast if anyone wanted to know.

Kyoufu

Does anyone here have Assassin's Creed? I'd like to know how well it runs with this update.

MoxManiac said:
Do you have a 20/60 ps3 or a 80/euro60 ps3? I want to pick up firepro but not if it won't work on my 20 giger :/

why wouldn't it work on a 20GB?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Strider2K99 said:
Just got an opportunity to download it. I'm checking this issue now.

My download was blazing fast if anyone wanted to know.

Still sleeping here. How's going with yours?

kuYuri

Kyoufu said:
Does anyone here have Assassin's Creed? I'd like to know how well it runs with this update.

why wouldn't it work on a 20GB?

Explain the AC thing to me. What do you mean by that?

TTP said:

It's been about 3 or so minutes and no wake up yet. I'll keep waiting to make sure, but premature conclusions says that it's been fixed. :)

iceatcs

TTP said:

Me too! Before 2.01, it will wake up about 5 secs after shut down because living in 24 floors flats with tons of available SID.

Now it is still sleeping which it is perfect timing for Amsterdam's trip next week.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Aahhh how annoying! At 9:55 I was all ready to turn my PS3 off for the night then I see there's a new update! Twenty plus minutes later its done and there's like nothing new. ~_~;

kuYuri

S. L. said:
DivX = unsupported data

Expected, this was just a minor update to fix some of the issues 2.00 had.

Anyway, I can say with confidence now that wake on lan has been fixed. Mine isn't turning on anymore.

I was hoping for DivX support, but ah well.

This was definitely the FASTEST firmware download and update I have ever experienced, and on my crap 1.5 Mbit DSL connection.

Top Bottom