• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uplay is becoming Ubisoft Connect

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Ubisoft Club and Uplay PC will become Ubisoft Connect on October 27th 2020.

In the period between October 21st 2020 and October 27th 2020 we will be performing the necessary changes for the transition.

Rewards will be temporarily unavailable in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Rainbow Six: Siege and Steep.

We will also UNLOCK ALL REWARDS for older Ubisoft titles that will not fully TRANSITION to Ubisoft Connect.

Between October 26th 2020 and October 27th 2020 there will be a maintenance to UPDATE THE UPLAY PC CLIENT and Ubisoft Club services to Ubisoft Connect and our webpages with the new Ubisoft Connect branding.

TRANSITIONING GAMES will benefit from the improved Loyalty program and metaprogression, new Core and Time-Limited Challenges, Smart Intel, (when available) as well as the new Ubisoft Connect interface.

After the maintenance the new Core Challenges will be enabled for For Honor, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Hyper Scape, The Division 2 and Steep. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and Rainbow Six: Siege will support them after a future update.

The new Time-Limited challenges will be available for Hyper Scape, Steep, The Division 2 and Rainbow Six: Siege. For Honor will introduce them with a later update.

Your Units, XP and levels from the Ubisoft Club will be carried over to Ubisoft Connect.

You can find more details for Ubisoft Connect on the OFFICIAL WEBPAGE.

Feel free to GET IN TOUCH if you have additional questions!

will this finally fix the privilege escalations when starting it? Every single service requires admin, something that (after initial install) isn't required by: GOG, Origin, Steam.
What do you mean? I've not had whatever issue your talking about at all that I can recall.

You just KNOW some high up exec was like "Uplay doesn't immediately convey that it's Ubisoft. Change it" even though everyone on pc, the only people it's relevant to, thoroughly understand it's a Ubisoft platform and is a far better name than "Ubisoft Connect."

Kadayi

Banned
Honestly, I expect nothing, and I still expect to be disappointed come the 27th. Ubisoft has had years to make a decent client and they've squandered that opportunity with abandon. I'm not seeing them miraculously pulling a rabbit out of a hat here in terms of feature set. I just don't think that's their thing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The only good thing to come out of this is that they've unlocked a bunch of stuff in older games that was previously gated behind spending Uplay coins or whatever...

SCB3

Ah I'm glad cross progression is becoming a standard, it makes sense with so many games being on sale or Game Pass often

A good example for me is Siege, sometimes I wanna just casual play on console

YCoCg

Can we just at least get given a load of UPlay points so we can unlock shit in our games? There's no reason to be restricting content in Assassin's Creed II at this point :p

edit: They've just unlocked all the shit, which is a good move at least.

Last edited:
The only good thing to come out of this is that they've unlocked a bunch of stuff in older games that was previously gated behind spending Uplay coins or whatever...
ALL those coins I used to unlock all that stupid shit, is now free?
giphy.gif

Looking back on it. I think the first game I used Uplay coins for was probably Splinter Cell: Conviction if I'm not mistaken. Uplay does gate some cool looking stuff behind their games with Uplay coins, but they are so easy to get and use so it's never been a big deal. I always have more coins than I can spend and they transfer between games so I never saw an issue with it.

Last edited:

YCoCg

ALL those coins I used to unlock all that stupid shit, is now free?
The sleaziest aspect of it was that it NEVER unlocked the content for multiple platforms you owned the game on, which felt like a dumb move "Oh you unlocked all this stuff on the PS3 version years ago but you've now bought the PC version from us? ....touch shit, unlock it all again!".

The Alien

Banned
I dont like the name change at all.

Initially I didn't like UPlay because it was created by the privilege of French colonizers.

But UConnect? I dunno. Something about that just triggers me. I'm not sure what specifically what offends me, but something does.

Kenpachii

Uplay is my favorite client, client easy fast and simple to use.

Hope it doesn't become a mess.

Last edited:
The sleaziest aspect of it was that it NEVER unlocked the content for multiple platforms you owned the game on, which felt like a dumb move "Oh you unlocked all this stuff on the PS3 version years ago but you've now bought the PC version from us? ....touch shit, unlock it all again!".
I guess I never noticed. I do know that coins I unlocked on Xbox would work on PC and visa versa. I haven't played a Ubisoft game on consoles in a really long time so it's never been an issue for me. But I see what you are driving at.

Compsiox

Banned
I wonder if the time limited challenges will be different for Siege than the ones we have now.

Last edited:
So does this mean the 100 coins for 20% off is going away? I literally just used some to get Odyssey and now I'm thinking I should have bought more with it.

Uplay or now Uconnect It will come to Gamepass EA did the same thing they change from EA Access to EA Play than join gamepass i can see Ubisoft going the same route.

What do you mean? I've not had whatever issue your talking about at all that I can recall.

Possibly because you're running as admin - I don't do that myself.

With the exception of old games with bad practises, uPlay is about the only app that requires me to punch in the admin pass each time. And then each time uPlay updates one of its accompanying services, they all need an admin pass as well. So sometimes, booting up uPlay can require four successive admin password entries.

Diddy X

I spent some coins on Child of light and never got the reward as it had lost online support :messenger_unamused: hopefuly I can get them now and finish the game.

Burger

It's a bit vague, but it sounds like saves for AC Odyssey will be available on the PC version and vice versa. Am I reading that wrong?

CrysisFreak

Banned
How about Ubisoft connects its gameplay programmers to some basic knowledge on responsive and satisfying gameplay foundations?

jigglet

Banned
It's just a rebranding right? There's no real change? I was hoping they would introduce cloud saves to all their games. I'm sick of my loadouts in Siege being wiped every few seasons. Only ranks and levels are held in the cloud, everything else is local.

NeonDelta

It's just a rebranding right? There's no real change? I was hoping they would introduce cloud saves to all their games. I'm sick of my loadouts in Siege being wiped every few seasons. Only ranks and levels are held in the cloud, everything else is local.
Cloud saves are included for some past games and all future games across all platforms

Laptop1991

At least i get a lot of rewards free, as i own quite a few games on Uplay, i hope the new client isn't resource hungry as well, i don't want it causing issues in Valhalla when i play, but from what i've seen so far, with the units and looking up video guides with in the game, i quite like it so far, i hope it works well.

martino

Uplay is my favorite client, client easy fast and simple to use.

Hope it doesn't become a mess.
this.
sure it depends on what you play ,but since i play mostly solo games, all i want from a launcher is to be an easy place to buy, install and launch the game.

Last edited:
Does Watch Dogs Legion support the PC to Console cloud saves? I'm like half way through the story on PC and was going to test it on console today but I don't see the option?

xrnzaaas

The UI is still very sluggish when you launch the service while in the game, on my PS4 it works just as bad as before the rebranding.

Top Bottom