• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US House votes to adopt AHCA (Republican health care); bill moves to Senate

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Voting populace is what matters and if they were conned then why do still such a high number of Trump supporters support and view Trump favorably still? Like Trump has given them enough ammunition for years and they're still not capitalizing.

Because they're still conned and still bigoted. An amazingly powerful combination.

Because they're still conned and still bigoted. An amazingly powerful combination.

So what's the solution then?

He's trying to say conservative voters view the Republican Party as a better option than the Democratic Party.

So yeah. Have fun with that.

So there's no independents anymore? Majority of the population is conservative? Guess the democrats will be disbanding then since they can only be a minority?

Stop trying to go after died in wool conservatives for votes. They're gonna vote party line till they die. There's enough dems + moderate/swing voters out there to win elections.

I don't know what you think moderates are but they can have some conservative views that can either be accepted or rejected. Some are pro-life, care about 2A rights, and so on. The question is how much the left is willing to accept.

I'd rather hear yours since I haven't heard you add much to the conversation except snark and calling others out.

I listed my points on the other page and you're welcome to read them and respond if you like instead of derailing!

Stop trying to go after died in wool conservatives for votes. They're gonna vote party line till they die. There's enough dems + moderate/swing voters out there to win elections.

Did those moderate swing voters vote or do you think they disappeared? Because if they were present in the last election, I'm not sure their campaigning looked like it was going after "died in wool" conservatives.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I listed my points on the other page and you're welcome to read them and respond if you like instead of derailing!

Your points that summed up to the Democrats are stupid and suck and then something about how them making a mocking gesture that turns a GOP moment of arrogance back around on them will somehow ruin their chances with voters. Did I miss anything?

So what are your solutions? You talk a big game but you've said nothing all that interesting or insightful.

I used to pride myself as an independent who considered each persons personal stance. Deep down I'd still like to be. I wish it could be a discussion of how to approach problems instead of one having a solution and the other trying to just leave it as a free for all.

After this last year that's not the case anymore. I know of at least a dozen other people that feel the same.

I barely even kept up with politics and voted mainly in the primaries and sometimes in the midterms. Now, I'm already reminding everyone of the 2018 midterms.

digdug2k

Apparently on the Facebook page of Senator Rob Portman:
God it makes me sick to hear these assholes talk about the opiod epidemic. They don't give a shit about drug probelsm beyond the jail money they bring in until it's fucking middle-class shit people in jail. Then it's suddenly "these are good people who just got caught up in somethjng".

I think I'm horrible but it makes me not care about these opiod users at all. Like at this point I just assume "opiod epidemic" just means middle class white Republican scumm who happened to get addicted to drugs and who believe black people who smoke weed deserve to be shot in the street. "It's their own fault. It's illegal."

I went back and made sure I wasn't seeing things, you didn't offer a single suggestion on what to do moving forward. Not one.

In fact you didn't even point to what they did wrong besides chanting, you just said they were shitty.

FyreWulff

If you have far right views, you're not able to be a moderate. You're just a regular ass conservative.

Sorry if you makes you feel that governance could happen without having to dog and pony right wingers, but if you don't want to be left out of future government, you're gonna have to compromise, not the people that have been compromising to no benefit for all these years.

As it is, we don't really have a left, it's centrist, right-ish and batshit fucking loco right.

Get more non-voters and Democrats to vote instead of appealing to racist and stupid morons who voted to kill themselves?

I'm going to go with this. Make it clear who actually fights to improve the lives of the middle class and who doesn't and ignore the brainwashed zealots that vote Republican.

Foffy

Banned
Frum was reasonable long before Trump.

Frum was one of the conservatives who called the fact that Obamacare passing was bad news for conservatives because it would be the next medicare.

Frum's really not reasonable on recreational weed, tho, and that was as recent as Canada announcing their plans for legalization.

I don't know enough of him to say he's fully reasonable, but I've noticed it more post-Trump.

Tovarisc

Rzfglop.png

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/860313351091519490

Knowing what you vote for / sign is overrated anyways!

btrboyev

It doesn't sound like the Senate are ever going to vote on the bill that just passed the house. Did you know that was going to happen?

You people don't get it. The Senate is just going to take this bill change it up to their liking and then pass it back to the house for it to get passed there again.

Eventually, it's going to go through. It's only a matter of time. Stop being naive.

I went back and made sure I wasn't seeing things, you didn't offer a single suggestion on what to do moving forward. Not one.

In fact you didn't even point to what they did wrong besides chanting, you just said they were shitty.

Maybe because the point of my post wasn't to list the next 10 things the democrats should do? You're mad I didn't do something that wasn't part of the topic and didn't imply I was going to say. Yeah...

Zolo

You people don't get it. The Senate is just going to take this bill change it up to their liking and then pass it back to the house for it to get passed there again.

Eventually, it's going to go through. It's only a matter of time. Stop being naive.

Yeah. I don't see some version getting through now. Then again, I also expected the first version to get through back when it was first introduced until the HFC surprised me.

Maybe because the point of my post wasn't to list the next 10 things the democrats should do? You're mad I didn't do something that wasn't part of the topic and didn't imply I was going to say. Yeah...
You're saying you're not derailing and you had points but all you did was rant about the dems without giving details besides them singing today.

I'm mad because you're slinging shit against the one party in America that isn't shit and implying conservatives have a leg to stand on and not even giving details. In a thread where multiple people, myself included, could be majorly fucked if a variation of this bill gets passed.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being realistic about just how daunting it will be. Success is far from assured.

You realize this is a moronic clickbait article right? Most people don't read literally every word of a document, they have people who work for them read it and then sum it up and point out things that would be of importance to them.

You got an excuse lined for why the CBO couldn't score it?

RDreamer

You realize this is a moronic clickbait article right? Most people don't read literally every word of a document, they have people who work for them read it and then sum it up and point out things that would be of importance to them.

Yeah, we definitely shouldn't expect people to read documents that means life and death for their constituents. They ain't got time for that shit. There's a kegger after this passes!

Literally every word =/= reading it

Please enlighten us on what % of the full bill would become read?

Yeah, we definitely shouldn't expect people to read documents that means life and death for their constituents. They ain't got time for that shit. There's a kegger after this passes!

Cool? This happens in companies and literally everywhere. Did you read all of the bill also? Because I'm pretty sure none of the people here have but are flabbergasted that someone didn't personally read all of it. He had people working for him read parts and he read parts, that doesn't mean HUR HUR TIME FOR KEGGER AND KILL PEOPLE HUR HUR. It's a clickbait title.

I mean, Dems didn't read Obamacare, either.

Of all the things we can harp on, the fact that Congressmen have staffers to read and summarize the content of bills is not one of them.

Having said that, I'm not convinced anybody even cares what was in the bill, since the Senate is writing their own bill. This was about rallying the troops.

RDreamer

Cool? This happens in companies and literally everywhere. Did you read all of the bill also? Because I'm pretty sure none of the people here have but are flabbergasted that someone didn't personally read all of it. He had people working for him read parts and he read parts, that doesn't mean HUR HUR TIME FOR KEGGER AND KILL PEOPLE HUR HUR. It's a clickbait title.

Are the people here paid to do this job? Are the people here voting on whether to let millions of people die?

This isn't just someone. This is someone that we are paying to do this job. This is someone that just voted on a bill affecting 1/6 of our economy. This is someone voting on millions of people's healthcare. Your false equivalence is ridiculous.

Isn't it more about no CBO score PLUS not reading it, PLUS lying about what it contains, PLUS the man signing it into law not knowing any of its basic details?

Please enlighten us on what % of the full bill would become read?

Hate to tell you this, but clickbait and sound bites win elections.

I mean, Dems didn't read Obamacare, either.

Of all the things we can harp on, the fact that Congressmen have staffers to read and summarize the content of bills is not one of them.

Having said that, I'm not convinced anybody even cares what was in the bill, since the Senate is writing their own bill. This was about rallying the troops.

The ignorance that people personally read all these documents is pretty incredible. I'm sure everyone here will be voting people out of office who didn't personally read all 2300 pages of Dodd Frank also. These bills are massive, and I get you want to lash out at everyone but someone having people who work for his team and work together on things isn't one of them. Next thing you know, all these high paid Lawyers don't personally do all the background research alone!

Isn't it more about no CBO score PLUS not reading it, PLUS lying about what it contains, PLUS the man signing it into law not knowing any of its basic details?

Considering every time it's posted on GAF the only thing people flip out about is the clickbait title they read saying he didn't read the bill so... no.

RDreamer

The ignorance that people personally read all these documents is pretty incredible. I'm sure everyone here will be voting people out of office who didn't personally read all 2300 pages of Dodd Frank also. These bills are massive, and I get you want to lash out at everyone but someone having people who work for his team and work together on things isn't one of them. Next thing you know, all these high paid Lawyers don't personally do all the background research alone!

But this isn't 2300 pages. In fact the party pushing it bragged about how short it was!

If this is true, as shitty as it sounds....fuck them.

Can't believe the House passed this shit.

I'm actually shocked at the number of Republicans that didn't vote for it where it was close.

Did any Dems vote for it? The stream when I was watching earlier had one Democrat for YES but then articles I read later said that there were no Democrats who voted yes.

But this isn't 2300 pages. In fact the party pushing it bragged about how short it was!

That still doesn't change the point that you're mad about something that is common and accepted practice.

Kevinroc

I'm actually shocked at the number of Republicans that didn't vote for it where it was close.

Did any Dems vote for it? The stream when I was watching earlier had one Democrat for YES but then articles I read later said that there were no Democrats who voted yes.

No Democrats voted for this bill.

So one of the dipshit Reps was on fox news and told Wolf Blitzer that he didn't read the bill, and also claimed every other republican didn't read it. Basically just skimmed it and "had his people read it for him." What the fuck is that? If I was Wolf I would have called him out on that point more forcibly. These people are not doing their job. And there is no excuse for not having any time. If they don't give you enough time to read that bill you should automatically vote no.

darkwing

So one of the dipshit Reps was on fox news and told Wolf Blitzer that he didn't read the bill, and also claimed every other republican didn't read it. Basically just skimmed it and "had his people read it for him." What the fuck is that? If I was Wolf I would have called him out on that point more forcibly. These people are not doing their job.

populist media

Top Bottom