• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 4 (12/27/2016 - 01/02/2017)

FTF

My haul:

Unravel
The Witness
Inside
Axiom Verge
Resident Evil 0

I still haven't touched half the games I bought during Black Friday sales lol. Maybe I'll finish them all by next Christmas :/

CADman304

Neo Member
Welp, I caved and bought:

ABZÛ $8
INSIDE $10
The Witness $20
Unravel $5
Total $43

Noice. Wonder how many of these will be on PS+ before I get around to playing them lol

plidex

Its such a shame that Witcher 3 regular edition saves dont work with the Complete Edition.
I dont wanna play the game all over again but at the time dont wanna pay more by getting the regular edition + DLCs.

You don't have to play the game again, you can start the DLC's with a new already leveled up character.

Cathcart

Street Fighter V is good for $20, but I'd probably wait for another sale on the Deluxe edition which has the $30 season pass. It was $45 last time.
I was really hoping the season one pass would be on sale since it's on the steam sale for 15 dollars. Shoulda gone PC :(

Any impressions of Attack on Titan and I Am Setsuna? Do you need to be a fan of the anime to enjoy the former, and how is the story in the latter?

Welp, I caved and bought:

ABZÛ $8
INSIDE $10
The Witness $20
Unravel $5
Total $43

Noice. Wonder how many of these will be on PS+ before I get around to playing them lol
I'm buying several smaller titles too. My plan is to play them ASAP. I'm not going to get caught with my pants down again like it did with Stories this year.

Any impressions of Attack on Titan and I Am Setsuna? Do you need to be a fan of the anime to enjoy the former, and how is the story in the latter?

Attack on Titan was pretty fun IMO. I got a code from someone recently and have never seen past the first episode of the anime.
The game does a decent enough job showing story points through the cutscenes and the gameplay was decent.
It did feel like it would get old pretty quick, but I am not sure what kind of stuff shows up later in the anime/game.

I Am Setsuna is a really solid JRPG, and the story is definitely one of the highlights. It wasn't perfect and my biggest complaint was the fact that the setting gets a little tired towards the end. Not much variety in the locations was the killer there.

I am still mad at myself for missing the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS4) sale during the Black Friday promotion by a few hours. We actually never got the PS4 version in Japan, so I have been looking to pick that up and was hoping it would pop up in this sale as well.

Holy shit, the first few puzzle sets in and The Witness is already god damn brilliant.

I just finished my replay of Limbo as well in prepetstion for Inside. Not as good as I remember it.

:D Yes! I was waiting for Senran Kagura to go on sale. Glad I had patience and didn't spend my Senran Kagura money on the Aegis Comet last night in the Star Citizen ship sale. More life and hometown for me ^_^.

Brofield

Games I'm looking at on sale:

ABZU
Diablo III
I Am Setsuna**
Inside
Kerbal Space Program
One Way Trip**
Table Top Racing**
The Evil Within
Jackbox Party Pack 2/3
The Park**
The Talos Principle**
The Witcher 3
The Witness**
Three Fourths Home**
TRON RUN/r**

I'm fairly set on the ones without asterisks (assuming I can afford them all), but what about the cheap dollar-ish games? I don't expect much more than an hour or three, but are they good amusement at least?

Hesh

Holy shit, UFC 2 for $15? Retailers have been selling the physical copy for $30 and up ever since Black Friday, that's a hell of a deal.

Attack on Titan was pretty fun IMO. I got a code from someone recently and have never seen past the first episode of the anime.
The game does a decent enough job showing story points through the cutscenes and the gameplay was decent.
It did feel like it would get old pretty quick, but I am not sure what kind of stuff shows up later in the anime/game.
Where does the variety/challenge comes from?

Juice

Is this the best price we've seen for Valkyrie Chronicles? Loved it on PS3 but I'm not ready to drop $20 to double dip

HotHamBoy

Is Inside worth it if I didn't like Limbo?

Yes. I really didn't like Limbo. My friend insisted I play Inside and holy shit, I'm ever greatful. It fixes everything I disliked about Limbo while also being simply riveting.

I was really holing the season one pass would be on sale since it's on the steam sale for 15 dollars. Shoulda gone PC :(

The first and only time the season pass has gone on sale on NA PSN was Black Friday.

Is Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition worth it?

I mean, the game has been fauned over by critics and fans since release. The PS4 version is gorgeous. $6 is a crazy good deal.

Where does the variety/challenge comes from?

The variety is mostly from playing different characters who have different skills and the different kinds of Titans you fight, most of which appear in the post/late game but the story only takes about 6 hours.

Theres a surprising amount of content in the post game with survey missions in lots of different environments and an epilogue that goes beyond the anime.

And you can use materials earned from doing missions and/or completing certain requirements in the missions to get better gear

Dang, a bunch of games I already own and enjoyed in this sale.

I strongly recommend in this sale Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, The Witness, Trackmania and MLB The Show. All probably in my personal top 10 the year.

Gaenor

Banned
Tempted by :
  • Trackmania Turbo (bought)
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Complete Edition
Already have those in digital version, but anyone who is interested should buy them :
  • Abzu
  • Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  • The Witness

I wonder if we'll get one last flash sale due to oddities being left out like Telltale Batman being on sale on PS3 only and no dark souls 3 despite being in both the Xbox and steam sales

Would be nice

partime

Been holding off on Witcher 3, does it run smoother on Pro running 1080? I heard the frame rate dips below 20.

kevin1025

Banned
Been holding off on Witcher 3, does it run smoother on Pro running 1080? I heard the frame rate dips below 20.

Unfortunately it runs the same as the base PS4 version since they opted to not make any Pro updates. From what I remember (it's been a while since I played the PS4 version) it runs fine almost entirely, except for one or two spots that are a little bogged down in the framerate. But it is still a fantastic version of the game!

nikos

Any opinions on the following?

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet
The Witch and the Hundred Knight

h0mebas3

For someone who's never played Resident Evil, can I start with 4 since it's on sale or should I play them sequentially?

Rymuth

I wonder if I should get RE5 or 6 instead of 4. I own 4 so many times and I feel like a coop game would be fun. At the same time, RE4 is so clearly the best.
Of those two, RE6 will give you more bang for your buck as a co-op game

cchum

For someone who's never played Resident Evil, can I start with 4 since it's on sale or should I play them sequentially?

Sequentially is best, but you could actually play 4 without the others. It is kinda a branch of the main story and does it's own thing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I with the Rainbow Six season pass was on sale. Ubi just fucking with people who bought the game at this point, same with people who bought The Division.

Top Bottom