• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Use stars to buy Virtual Console-games, says NoE

Thomper

Nintendo of Europe just sent out a newsletter to promote the Wii-launch tomorrow, and on the newsletter is a very interesting bit of information according to WiiGamer. I'm Dutch, so I don't have the literal English version, but it says something like this:

By connecting your Wii Shopping Channel account to your Nintendo of Europe-website membership, you'll soon be able to take advantage of some very useful things. Not only will you be able to buy Wii Points in the starcatalogue, you'll also recieve extra stars for your Virtual Console-games if you fill a short enquiry.
Will that mean an unlimited supply of WiiPoints in the Star Catalogue? Please, let it be true... Dutch version of the newsletter here.

deepred

it's quite obvious that it won't be unlimited. Let's assume that you can buy 1000 Wii points with 1000 Star points (which would be terrific), I guess you'll only earn 50 to 100 Star Points when you answer the survey.

Apenheul

That would be great! I have a lot of Wii points but just not enough for the cube games. I was hoping for this!

deepred said:
it's quite obvious that it won't be unlimited. Let's assume that you can buy 1000 Wii points with 1000 Star points (which would be terrific), I guess you'll only earn 50 to 100 Star Points when you answer the survey.

While I'm not sure what Star points are, I can guarantee you that someone somewhere did the math and prevented an endless feedback loop of free VC points from happening. :)

Alien Bob said:
aaaaaaaaaand the NOE site is down :lol
Too busy errors happen all the time, nothing new.

So, you use stars to buy Wii Points, use those to buy games, and fill out a survey for around 50 stars.

Rexaur

NOA/Canada, what the hell?

Out of around 70 products registered (I haven't bothered with about 10+ because we get nothing) all I've gotten were Metroid Prime 2 demo, LoZ Collector's Edition (best one), 3-month NP subscription, and a Custom Robo print (Canada only).

Stop wasting ink on printing the PINS NOA if they won't be put to good use!

Rexaur

Vicious said:
That doesn't sound like you can buy VC games with stars.... just that you get stars for buying VC games.

It says you can buy Wii Points with the stars.

So, by a stretch if you buy Wii Points with stars:

Stars = Wii Points = VC game

Hmm, this would be a pretty sweet deal if you got star points back, depending on how much a Wii Point credit would be in stars. It would be that +50 star rebate or something @_@

Danj

Rexaur said:
NOA/Canada, what the hell?

Out of around 70 products registered (I haven't bothered with about 10+ because we get nothing) all I've gotten were Metroid Prime 2 demo, LoZ Collector's Edition (best one), 3-month NP subscription, and a Custom Robo print (Canada only).

You utter whinger. We hardly ever get actual physical stuff like that. 99% of the time, all you can buy with NoE Stars are wallpapers, ringtones and poster PDFs that you have to print out yourself.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Now I have a dilemma, what to buy with all my stars, VC games or RINGTONES AND DESKTOP WALLPAPERS?!

Also, my original DSlite faulted, I registered it then registered the replacement. tee hee.

Top Bottom