• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UT3 PS3 goes GOLD!

spwolf

Teknopathetic said:
"probably better... lets see..."

What the fuck?

well, user created mods + kb/m support are obviously expected in UT3 PC, but not so in console games. When it comes to mods, UT3 is pretty revolutionary in console gaming.

Angelcurio

Aeon712 said:
It sounded like Me, M3, Efertlis,Loco, and Sutdawg are all getting it if I heard correctly last night. But all that matters is that the Aeon Effect will be there.
Well, i will confirm with you all tonight in the clan night. If that ends up being the case, then my decission is settled on getting the game.

BTW, does it have any form of clan support?

I played cod4 multiplayer yesterday, and its kind of lonely to play against a bunch of random players. Resistance certainly spoiled me, now i want clan support in every online game.

No clan support, short of clan tags. Any and all party systems are a shittastic relic (and they're not even old!), made obsolete with the dedicated servers.

Draft

It would actually be pretty sweet if PC FPS games adopted XBL's party system, especially team based FPS games.

spwolf

Teknopathetic said:
No clan support, short of clan tags. Any and all party systems are a shittastic relic (and they're not even old!), made obsolete with the dedicated servers.

so basically server browser like in warhawk?

Wollan said:
Umm.. Resistance has a party system. 20 people no less and you can further split off into squads.

I don't remember it working like halo where you stuck together from game type to game type. My bad then.

dralla

does anyone know what kind of online features the PS3 version has? can I pull up my PSN list and invite people to my game? or is it shitty like Warhawk

Wollan

Probably the same as the PC version. While Teknopathetic has some strong opinions, the fact is that UT has always been relative simple in terms of online features. There's no party system of any kind I would guess and probably no clan features either (though maybe tag). There's probably a quick join option, users have the opportunity to host dedicated servers (PC users can host PS3 servers no less). I'm guessing there's a basic friendslist somewhere and a standard server browser. I'm guessing there's heaps of options for a person hosting a server though thanks to all the mutators..etc.

Top Bottom