• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Revolution review thread

Lynx_7

It's pretty sad how poorly this franchise has been handled. Spin-off or not I can't imagine this is good for the brand.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
To be fair to the poster, anyone with no knowledge about the games looking at them from a distance will probably lump the three in the same "animu with underage girls" category

Can confirm, that is exactly how I see those games.

Did IGN review this on a PC version that doesn't exist?

Yes they did. Lol

bFlzTvl.png

There's going to be hell to pay if this affects the chances of VC3 coming west or that rumored VC3 remake's development.
Wait, there are rumors of a remake of VC3?! I bought the artbook but haven't even opened it because I'm afraid of spoiler and my PSP died so I never was able to play the japanese version with the english patch T_T. I played the demo for VC3 and loved how you had like a "super turn" in which you can activate Valkyria state on the valkyrie character, I was so disappointed that when you get the Valkyrie in VC2 she just becomes a medic >_>.

As for Valkyria Revolution I was going to buy it to show support but after reading the impressions I think I'll pass for now...

4/10 from Gamecentral. :/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/28/valkyria-revolution-review-change-for-the-worse-6741017/

In Short: An inexplicably dull follow-up to Valkyria Chronicles, that jettisons almost everything that made the original interesting in favour of bland Dynasty Warriors style combat.

Pros: The complex backstory does seem like it would have potential in a different game, as does the mix of third person shooter combat and JRPG magic systems. The soundtrack is great.

Cons: Bland, repetitive combat and terrible artificial intelligence. Time-consuming and near pointless upgrade system. Ugly graphics and horribly boring cut scenes that go on forever.

kendrid

Banned
I only recently discovered it was coming out so soon and my reaction was: fuck, my backlog is allready big enough as is, and I can't skip a Valkyria game.

Now I know I can.

I just learned about this game today and I loved Chronicles. I also have a huge backlog thanks to the Steam sale and some other good deals. I was thinking the exact same as you until I saw the reviews.

It is really quite a letdown. I came here and searched hoping for great scores. What are you doing SEGA?

leng jai

It just occurred to me this was a game in the VC franchise. What the fuck? Never even heard about it until a few days.

Top Bottom