• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve CES Conference January 6. 8pm EST/5pm PST [Ended in 7 minutes]

IMG_9660.JPG

DarkFlow

Banned
If they can get my i5 with a gtx 780 for 1300, I'll bite. since that's about what it will cost for me to build it myself.

Stitch

Gold Member
Oh wow, Alternate.

Actually wanted to buy some hardware from Alternate to build my own PC mhh.. but this thing is ugly lol

Santiako

Valve's going to be selling its own Steam controllers, but manufacturers will be producing their own models too -- the whole idea behind Steam Machines is to diversify the platform. Once again, though, no details on release.

That's interesting, we'll probably see Steampads with different button layouts.

HariKari

Multiple Steam controllers? Not sure if I like this.

And lol at the user base troll, damn.

Why wouldn't you like it?

Have large hands? Buy an XL model. Have small hands? Buy the small model. Everything and anything in between. Options. That's what PC is about.

5:07:41 PM PST
One more question in this apparently very short conference: Titles? "There are about 250 titles running." The issue is building developer tools, especially ones that will let them support Linux, Mac, and Windows simultaneously -- not to mention getting everything to work with the controllers.

Nzyme32

Brilliant. Gabe has passed the hardware batton to the vendors. More info incoming as everyone runs to see them!

def sim

i was thinking of buying a pre-built one for the novelty of it, i guess, but after seeing these i'm still going to build my own

Top Bottom