• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Survivors |OT| There are some very good reasons to be afraid of the dark

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
My runs are getting better but it seems to me I should focus/choose more damage because well. I don't deal enough.

Does each consecutive run with the same character diminish your coin worth lol?

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
My 3rd serious run somewhat out of 12?

caVBqEz.jpg

RNGESUS Wasn't there lol

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Have you tried the library yet? Switch it up a bit and change levels but still using the same character if you are building them - I found library easiest to get to 30 mins then just moved on from there.

Make sure you’re getting the (what I class) quality of life upgrades and the question marks in the levels. Go for the collectibles on each map you’ll gradually unlock more and more… you’ll get to 30 mins then you’ll get past 30 mins etc. Just get out of the forest for a while.

Soodanim

Gold Member
My 3rd serious run somewhat out of 12?

caVBqEz.jpg

RNGESUS Wasn't there lol
Sounds about on par to me, I don't know if it's actually possible at that point but you'd need to be an expert to make much more progress than that at this point. As Nitty said, try out Library. As you get new characters and new stages you'll find your progression amount changes.

I went back to complete stages later, it's not the sort of game where you can finish what's available before moving on

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Sounds about on par to me, I don't know if it's actually possible at that point but you'd need to be an expert to make much more progress than that at this point. As Nitty said, try out Library. As you get new characters and new stages you'll find your progression amount changes.

I went back to complete stages later, it's not the sort of game where you can finish what's available before moving on

Well you just said what I was thinking. See I turned off the game last night and not even 20 minutes ago I booted it up and saw I unlocked lvl2! But I chose to redo lvl1. Best run so far and if I've gotten more than 1 chicken out of 15 or so fires it would've gone longer. But! Even though I got the best RNG so far when those big purple bats appear I'm just surviving (lol) and looking for those fires because they are way to strong.

So yeah your post pretty much sums up what I just experienced.

I'll take Nitty_Grimes Nitty_Grimes advice and go to lvl2.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Have you tried the library yet? Switch it up a bit and change levels but still using the same character if you are building them - I found library easiest to get to 30 mins then just moved on from there.

Make sure you’re getting the (what I class) quality of life upgrades and the question marks in the levels. Go for the collectibles on each map you’ll gradually unlock more and more… you’ll get to 30 mins then you’ll get past 30 mins etc. Just get out of the forest for a while.

Sorry Nitty I missed your post for some reason.

Question marks on the map? Man I'm so locked in that I haven't even noticed that..

Edit the green arrow right. Got it in lvl2. Let myself die and went back to lvl1 and no arrow so I got both yay

Thanks for your input 🔥

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

I don’t want to ruin anything for you but don’t look at it like level 1 or level 2 kind of thing just think of them as different zones.

You’ll get to the Dairy Plant and you’ll find a map kind of thing… that’s all I’m going to say lol.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I don’t want to ruin anything for you but don’t look at it like level 1 or level 2 kind of thing just think of them as different zones.

You’ll get to the Dairy Plant and you’ll find a map kind of thing… that’s all I’m going to say lol.

kill them all GIF by The X-Files

X Files Nod GIF by The X-Files

Thank Nitty (and Soo)

Went in totally blind so appreciate the info in regards to approaching the game.

Leve.. I mean Zone 2 does indeed feels like a farming area. Had a good run just now.

In general though, how do you all rate the effectiveness of luck?

My stats atm:

rNxqX15.jpg

Soodanim

Gold Member
kill them all GIF by The X-Files

X Files Nod GIF by The X-Files

Thank Nitty (and Soo)

Went in totally blind so appreciate the info in regards to approaching the game.

Leve.. I mean Zone 2 does indeed feels like a farming area. Had a good run just now.

In general though, how do you all rate the effectiveness of luck?

My stats atm:

rNxqX15.jpg
From the visible selection, I'd say try to get Amount ASAP. That will have a HUGE impact on your early game - the back whip, a second knife, an extra holy water, etc etc. That and cooldown. Of course the Revive is also huge for those unfortunate moments, too.

I love all possible magnet upgrades, never hurts.

Nitty_Grimes

You'll end up with so much coin eventually and unlock all sorts of characters that may just render all that worthless anyway...

Not that I'm giving anything away.

Look at evolving the whip for example if you are sticking with Antonio...

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
From the visible selection, I'd say try to get Amount ASAP. That will have a HUGE impact on your early game - the back whip, a second knife, an extra holy water, etc etc. That and cooldown. Of course the Revive is also huge for those unfortunate moments, too.

I love all possible magnet upgrades, never hurts.

Will do. And love the magnets. Revive has to wait quite a while money wise.

You'll end up with so much coin eventually and unlock all sorts of characters that may just render all that worthless anyway...

Not that I'm giving anything away.

Look at evolving the whip for example if you are sticking with Antonio...

Yeah double whip is essential and my first priority. Garlic as well and whatever secondary. Holy bible or lighting/flame. However Holy water when leveled up is pretty good I found yeah.

My chicken RNG needs a bump though, hence my inquiry regarding luck..

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your feedback.

Edit yes I mostly prioritize leveling up whip damage or cooldown.

Gonna make some base changes now.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah it really did. So funny how such buffs makes a huge difference. And wow a Hamster. Is that true because fuck it's a really well integrated addiction

Hell Yeah Yes GIF

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hmm that's curious I'm not seeing the evolved weapons in your damage breakdown.

Wand, Cross and Axe looks like should have.

I'm not sure what you mean, what would cause that? I'm still very unfamiliar with that aspect of the game..

Here are my current permanent upgrades

ov8ZDoF.jpg

TDiddyLive

I'm not sure what you mean, what would cause that? I'm still very unfamiliar with that aspect of the game..

Here are my current permanent upgrades

ov8ZDoF.jpg
Has nothing to do with those upgrades. Once you have a weapon at max level, if you have its companion passive item, you have a chance at evolving it. For example: if you have the whip maxed out and also have the hollow heart (the black heart) on your current run, if you pick up the slot machine upgrade there will be a chance the weapon evolves to something way more powerful. Each base weapon has an evolution.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Next time you do a run with the whip character, make sure you pick up the hollow heart upgrade along the way too. Then try playing as usual, and see what happens :)

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Has nothing to do with those upgrades. Once you have a weapon at max level, if you have its companion passive item, you have a chance at evolving it. For example: if you have the whip maxed out and also have the hollow heart (the black heart) on your current run, if you pick up the slot machine upgrade there will be a chance the weapon evolves to something way more powerful. Each base weapon has an evolution.

Thanks bro but I'm still confused regarding HoodWinked HoodWinked reaction.

That feel when you start ramping up and kicking ass

7zcepq6l15q11.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

Man. Just walking and eviscerating through enemies with the dmg numbers and feedback.

That feeling for sure 🤩🔥

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Next time you do a run with the whip character, make sure you pick up the hollow heart upgrade along the way too. Then try playing as usual, and see what happens :)

Does that generate the healing per dmg made final whip upgrade? If so I had it once and it was glorious!

If not. I'll be suprised 🌟

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Does that generate the healing per dmg made final whip upgrade? If so I had it once and it was glorious!

If not. I'll be suprised 🌟

Oh yeah, that's the one. So you have gotten evolved weapons before.

Thanks bro but I'm still confused regarding HoodWinked HoodWinked HoodWinked HoodWinked reaction.

The reason behind that reaction is that you have the requirements for the wand and the axe to get those evolved weapons, but you didn't get them. Maybe you just got level 8 too late in the run.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
One thing that I personally like to do, which made a difference for me in the beginning, was to try to max out a weapon as fast as I can, which lets me get the evolved form even faster. Take notes on which weapons pair with which support items in order to evolve. Steam's new note taking function
is good for that. Or a piece of paper.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
One thing that I personally like to do, which made a difference for me in the beginning, was to try to max out a weapon as fast as I can, which lets me get the evolved form even faster. Take notes on which weapons pair with which support items in order to evolve. Steam's new note taking function
is good for that. Or a piece of paper.

Yeah evolving my main weapon is my priority.

Had no idea about the pairing of support weapons, well, I chose intuitively. Love the garlic and holy book. Gives an area buffer. I'm guessing there's no inherent main/support system from what I gathered?

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Had no idea about the pairing of support weapons, well, I chose intuitively. Love the garlic and holy book. Gives an area buffer. I'm guessing there's no inherent main/support system from what I gathered?

I think you sorta knew but didn't really connect the dots fully. Garlic and King Bible are great and are fairly easy to evolve as well. A lot of the fun is trying out different combos until you see which weapons pair with which items. For know, you know that whip + hollow heart = evolved whip. Go have fun figuring out the rest :)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
First (library) run and within 15 min I already acquired the whip's final form. 10 min left and I'm godlike. Lvl 52 atm.

RNGESUS blessed me. 3 or 4 hollow hearts etc

Ok first run and my best yet

lSxrohS.jpg

That felt so good 🤣

Fuck yeahhhhh you got Hellfire and Thunder Loop too. Good job :)

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
So much money. Man.. This game really tickles the right places. But all of you already know that 😅

Edit: sorry for perhaps spamming screenshots etc. Just like sharing and get some feedback. That's all 🥰

Edit 2: that feeling when the focus shifts when you're more focused on collecting coins instead of the enemies. Walk faster dammit 😅

Edit 3: bestiary 😮

Last edited:

TDiddyLive

In the pause menu you can Open Grimoire. That lists the evolve combos you have discovered.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah just saw that and my heart sank. 🤣

Edit: wait. What? I only see collection unlocks and bestiary.

Ohhh pause menu. Sorry.

Noted. Thanks.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
First try. I need to try the other stages because I kind of got bored halfway through. Almost didn't had to move. The end was tense. Praise the 30% chicken.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah I love it. It's more engaging. At least for the zones you've "beaten".

I fast but I recon yes. For sure. Should play more regularly though. Although I'm having a blast nonetheless!

Got the skip upgrade for exp 😊

Rng garlic on the regular seems to me pretty neccessary on hyper.

"Almost" maxed out whip bro

Evo lightning is ace

Last edited:
Top Bottom