• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 'Come Dance' Trailer

Bullet Club

Enter the World of Darkness and rise through vampire society. Experience Seattle - a city full of alluring, dangerous, characters and factions. You are dead now but stronger, quicker, more alluring and with potential for so much more. Choose to be brutal and unflinching or cultured and seductive. Use charm, cunning, terror and sheer will to rise through vampire society. What monster will you be?

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is coming to Xbox Series X and Xbox One

Ivory Blood

Ehh, that doesn't look much improved from what they showed back in june 2019.

I toned down my expectations and know we can't get AAA quality from this, but....

giphy.gif

jaysius

Banned
The cringe was... too much for me... *dies

Extra cringe for me, when I remember how much of a buggy shit show the original game still is(officially) it's only good because the community have made their own patches.

I remember seeing footage of this a few years ago.

I'm not sure next gen is the best place for them to shoehorn this game onto, it's been in development so long, it definately wasn't meant to be a next gen game console title.

Gamezone

Gold Member
The first gameplay trailer was pretty bad. My guess is that the game still is bad, but the trailer was well made.

MiguelItUp

Do people really expect nextgen graphics and animation from this game?

I'm just glad it exist.

You and I both man. Well, and honestly Paradox never really put out anything incredibly graphically impressive. This is probably going to be the most intensive title they've put out in a bit. I'm still worried about the development as it sounded like it was going through some hell for a bit. But I'm gonna hope for the best. Does it still look rough? Oh yeah, it's certainly not done yet and I'm sure there's work to be done, we don't even have a proper release window yet. But I don't think it looks awful, I also think this is going to make up for everything in gameplay.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Do people really expect nextgen graphics and animation from this game?

I'm just glad it exist.
Yep its very much a AA game. I actually thought some of the footage looked pretty good.
The orig game is a god damn classic, but with all the woke shit supposedly in this, who knows how it will end up.

Fuz

Banned
The trailer is cool and all, but the first vampire looks like shit. Both the model and the animations. Why did they show it?

GymWolf

i'm still watching the dance animations and i can't understand what is so bad about them for a game with this budget, they looks absolutely fine.

do you put this much interest when you enter a strip club in gta5 to look the npc dance animations? because they don't look much better than that tbh.

MiguelItUp

Again, I find it odd that this and the dancing segment of the vid look very unimpressive but moving around the rooftops and casting an ability on the goons outside looked much sharper/shinier. Almost like two different versions of the game are in the trailer
Wholeheartedly agree. It almost looked like the footage came from entirely different times of development. It's pretty bizarre, lol.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
OK so this doesn't vaguely look next gen. Actually it has bad graphics even for this gen. BUT it was my favorite trailer, it's so weird and quirky and the game itself, bad graphics and all, really appeals to me.

GrayChild

Did anyone expect a AAA production from this game? The first Bloodlines was janky as fuck, incredibly buggy, and its combat sucked ass. And it still managed to be one of the best games ever made.

I just hope for the same quirkiness and creativity from this game.

MadYarpen

I don't think it looks bad at all, maaaybe some parts seem a bit dated.

But overall it is a very good trailer, IMO. Would make me excited if it wasn't for the massive red flags earlier.

Like, are some vampire classes still paid DLCs? Are we still trying not to insult anyone with Malkavians being batshit crazy?

sircaw

Banned
Looking forward to this game alot but for some reason i am getting a "fallout engine feel" from this game.

My spider sense is telling me there are going to be a gazillion ground breaking bugs in this game,

i hope i am wrong but i just feel it.

Last edited:

Helios

I don't want to be mean, but the animations on the dancing made my brain hurt.
We are talking about bloodlines though.
tumblr_n418wsOD4g1r94e9jo1_500.gif

At the 1:50 point of the vid there is some outdoor combat that looks pretty sharp, at least more detailed than the dancing and dude playing with the corpse. Makes me wonder
The footage they showed a while ago of the gameplay looked pretty bad. Not that it matters that much anyway. I wouldn't mind the gameplay being better but the game needs to primarily have good characters and atmosphere to be a worthy bloodlines successor.
Most people here are likely consoles gamers and have no clue what this series even is
I die a little bit inside every time I hear someone talk about "DOOD, THIS IS SO NEXT-GEN HOLY SHIT" or the opposite. Such a meaningless term that's only ever used for console warring

Last edited:

Helios

Here's the gameplay demo from last year. Also shows the outside enviroments. Bear in mind that they probably (hopefully) improved it since then.

CamHostage

The IQ seems inconsistent. The character models in the club dancing look pretty underwhelming, then stuff shown outside, like the moving around the rooftop, looks a lot better...odd
Yeah, the 'gameplay' I thought looked great; the RPG and cutscene stuff though was really rough (those are some real PS3-era faces and hair in the trailer; these gameplay video demos posted above meanwhile have totally different and IMO better-looking character models in realtime gameplay, so it's ... odd.)

A.Romero

I'm back to be a little bit interested in this game. Still, I'd like to see sexier vampires just to know they are not PCing the shit of the game.

RedVIper

Banned
I don't particularly care about the graphics.

The first game was great because of the atmosphere and the very interesting charathers.

Oh and the voice actors, the voice actors were freaking excellent, they made characters with a triangle for a face have actual personality. Nathan drake has a billion polygons on his chin alone and I could care less about his dumb face.

Top Bottom