• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanquish preorder bonus: Gamestop or Kmart?

The scenario:

Gamestop's pre-order gives you an "exclusive" 3 pack weapon bundle.

Kmart offers a 20 buck gift card as a preorder bonus.

Which would you take?

I'm sticking with gamestop unless I found out their pre-order bonus can be earned later in game.

Shadow780

I'm going to import from Zavvi:

500x_vanquish_01.jpg

I'd go with GameStop, but mostly because my Kmart never has any new releases or anything I actually want to buy, so the giftcard would go to waste if I could even get it.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
The scenario:

Gamestop's pre-order gives you an "exclusive" 3 pack weapon bundle.

Kmart offers a 20 buck gift card as a preorder bonus.

Which would you take?

I'm sticking with gamestop unless I found out their pre-order bonus can be earned later in game.

you can probably use the $20 gift card to buy an XBLA/PSN point card, buy the stupid weapons, and have $15 left over.

are the weapons actually that exclusive or just 'free' dlc?

a Master Ninja said:
I always forget that Kmart still exists. I haven't seen one in a decade.

after finding out about how the great deals they have going on, I had to rediscover the ones near me. They're all so bad but it is like $20 saved on every game I want this year.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Linkzg said:

after finding out about how the great deals they have going on, I had to rediscover the ones near me. They're all so bad but it is like $20 saved on every game I want this year.
It's almost worth $20 just to not have to set foot inside a K-Mart.

InsanezX2

a Master Ninja said:

I shop at my local Kmart all the time. I get good older stuff marked down to almost nothing because no one else shops there.:lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My preorder bonus was getting the game for free. I win.

Bebpo

Banned
K-mart has a $20 off credit?

Hmm, hopefully Amazon matches. Vanquish is the one game I want this fall that Amazon is giving NO discount on at all :\

Weenerz

Banned
Buy from K-Mart, on the way home from there, walk into a Gamestop, tell them that they forgot to give you the weapon unlock code, profit.

Swag

Weenerz said:
Buy from K-Mart, on the way home from there, walk into a Gamestop, tell them that they forgot to give you the weapon unlock code, profit.

Works every time.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
JordanLMiller said:
Is that the only way to get those guns?

I doubt it. They'll probably be DLC as well.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Linkzg said:

Free DLC. I think Vanquish has a bunch of DLC weapons planned for the game. We don't know if you'll have to pay for them yet though

It'll probably be in line with most preorder DLC in that you get the pack that's released last with the game.

I'd go for the gift card btw. I'd do it myself if I didn't have 40 dollars worth of gamestop credit on a gift card

Adam J.

There is a Kmart just down the street from me, but it's seriously the filthiest, scariest store in town. Just to give you an idea of how well this place is managed, they still had 360 HD-DVD drives in stock a year ago.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
In an effort to be hip, cool, noticed by gaf, and go against the flow, i'm gonna say get the weapons pack

of course, when the code shows up on gamefaqs a week later, i'm still gonna make a thread to laugh at you

Gravijah

Serenade said:
In an effort to be hip, cool, noticed by gaf, and go against the flow, i'm gonna say get the weapons pack

of course, when the code shows up on gamefaqs a week later, i'm still gonna make a thread to laugh at you

hey bring back your old JSR avatar so i can sing your tag in tune with the guy moving up and down

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Gravijah said:
hey bring back your old JSR avatar so i can sing your tag in tune with the guy moving up and down
I don't know man, i only changed it because some dude pm'ed me saying it was giving him a seizure. no joke

Gravijah

Serenade said:
I don't know man, i only changed it because some dude pm'ed me saying it was giving him a seizure. no joke

uh... well...

he's gonna have to deal with it, i need my fun.

I wish Castlevania LoS had a gift card deal.

But I'd go with the gift card all the way for Vanquish. Who cares about 3 weapons that'll be a kb file compared to $20!

a Master Ninja said:
Yeah, same here until awhile ago. I thought they've closes a lot of stores because of Wal-mart but luckily I found a K-mart that's pretty close to my area. It was a store owned by Solid Snake and Sam Fisher because it was pretty well hidden!

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I thought they've closes a lot of stores because of Wal-mart but luckily I found a K-mart that's pretty close to my area. It was a store owned by Solid Snake and Sam Fisher because it was pretty well hidden!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Eliciel

It depends on whether you like to pay real life money for ingame weapons. Or if you just want to take some beers and chips with you while playing this god damn awesome game :lol

Top Bottom