• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vault Boy and his thumbs up.

GeeTeeCee

If I saw a mushroom cloud on the horizon my first thought would not be to measure it with my trusty thumb.

But I live in different times, I suppose.

Calabi

If your alive to see the mushroom cloud then I think your pretty much fine apart from the death from radiation of course.

Shane

I'm confident this is true.

Edit: Saw earlier post. This should have been true. Would have been a perfect image to match the tone of the earlier (i.e. 1 & 2) games.

Gold_Loot

Seems like both sides of the debate are correct. Vault boy may indeed be giving just a thumbs up, but the distance thing is real as well.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
What say you GAF? Is this true? Is it something I missed from the games?

well, i havent played fallout, ao i dont know if you missed it in the game, but i thought this was common knowledge.
So, yeah, its true

edit: nvm, apparently not true. But i have heard this story before, not related to fallout.

Stet

Banned
Something about an atomic bomb going off and everyone around me suddenly winking and giving the mushroom cloud the thumbs up is kind of deranged.

Haunted

Even the artist himself was fooled!
4PfiJKp.gif

don't you think that if you saw a mushroom cloud, whatever the distance, you should take cover instead of stare at it with your thumb sticking out?

Majukun

If I saw a mushroom cloud on the horizon my first thought would not be to measure it with my trusty thumb.

But I live in different times, I suppose.

well i'ts not like you can outrun an explosion

that bein said,it's just a thumbs up

More little known facts: Vault Boy is not baring his teeth in his wide open smile. That is actually a luscious white moustache, and his real mouth is below it. It's white because of radiation or some shit, I don't know. You think of something.

Mario also says 'Yahoo' in his game because of an old sponsorship deal to try and salvage a struggling search engine.

If he was just giving the thumbs up why would he be closing one eye? I've heard the "thumb story" but it was that if your thumb covered the mushroom cloud of a blast you would be a "safe" distance away from the radiation and other carcinogens that occur during a nuclear strike.

Hanmik

do you guys not know who Tramell Ray Isaac is..?

jrvJ9mf.png

he is the one who drew Vault boy..

so let me repost..

GQVeFnG.png

lol

Top Bottom