• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegito vs Gogeta

Vegito vs Gogeta

• Vegito

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Gogeta

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Gokhan

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Airbus Jr

Banned
So since the DB Broly leaks everyone's excited about Gogeta but who's the best fighter among them?

Last edited:

olimariOA

Banned
Dunno, but I always preferred the design of Vegito

I don't know who's stronger nor do I really care. I love both characters though I have a slight nostalgia-fuelled preferrence for Gogeta due to owning a figure as a kid.

Vegito's personality is more entertaining, but Gogeta's fighting style is different and very impressive; I hope they reuse and expand on his moves from the Fusion film.

Last edited:

SaviourMK2

I like Vegito more.
I dislike the fusion outfit and his attacks weren't... absurd?
Vegito actually fought in his base form (Unless you read only the manga), which probably left a better impression on me.

Of course the Broly film is gonna just shit all over my arguments why Vegito is better than Gogeta (Except the clothes, cant really change that). Doesnt help Super neutered Vegito to the point where fusing is pointless since he cant go full power without running the risk of defusing.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Vegito is more powerful obviously, but I have always been partial to Gogeta myself in terms of looks.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Vegito's design was always meh and gogeta had a more interesting moveset and personality. His Super incarnation will probably be ass though as Super makes almost everything worse.

TrainedRage

Banned
I dont really understand what youre doing in this thread then.

Gogeta always looked cooler to me tbh. Vegito is kinda boring.
It fascinates me how so many adults LOVE this. I mean I loved Batman TAS but DBZ has some 50 Shades rabid type of theories and speculations. Its fascinating and strange to me. Im here to see how crazy you crazy kooks are.

Dacon

Banned
It fascinates me how so many adults LOVE this. I mean I loved Batman TAS but DBZ has some 50 Shades rabid type of theories and speculations. Its fascinating and strange to me. Im here to see how crazy you crazy kooks are.

Well I understand wanting to observe people's opinions about a subject and how they behave regarding it, but making a post like that has the potential to incite some very annoyed replies, considering it doesnt really add anything to the conversation.

BTW if youre really interested in a franchise that adults go insane over, I direct you to Harry Potter.

TrainedRage

Banned
Well I understand wanting to observe people's opinions about a subject and how they behave regarding it, but making a post like that has the potential to incite some very annoyed replies, considering it doesnt really add anything to the conversation.

BTW if youre really interested in a franchise that adults go insane over, I direct you to Harry Potter.
lol, yeah. I may be just waiting for an excuse to give the show another shot. It's not on any of the streaming services I use either.

Dacon

Banned
All of DBZ is available for streaming on funimation's streaming service I believe. The films too. I think it's only 6 dollars a month.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Vegito is more powerful obviously, but I have always been partial to Gogeta myself in terms of looks.

But how powerful he is

Had some db fans explain to me that Vegito works like a multiplier

So if Gogeta is Goku + Vegeta

Vegito is like Goku x Vegeta

So significantly more powerfull

Typhares

But how powerful he is

Is it? Because if we look at Gotenks he seems way more powerful than Goten+Trunks to me (jump from SSJ to SSJ3).

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
But how powerful he is

I think both work roughly the same way except for one point. Goku has to bring his power level down to match Vegeta when they fuse via the dance so Gogeta is only a BIT weaker than Vegito in my opinion.

Potara fusion = The combined total power of each person put into a single body.

Fusion Dance = The combined power of each person after they match power levels.

Or at least that how I understood it to work.

Though you could make the argument that their different personalities affect their overall power as well. Vegito is a cocky son of a bitch like Vegeta and screws around like Goku that gets him in trouble alot, but Gogeta is dead fucking serious. He like Goku and Vegeta when they stop screwing around. So in a fight between the two Vegito's overconfidence could cost him the fight if he underestimated Gogeta.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Krillin.

Solar Flare. Destructo Disc.

Game, set, match.

He's just too nice of a guy to start splitting bad guys in two.

Whitecrow

Banned
Gogeta looks way cooler than Vegito. I always loved the fusion outfit.

But Yeah, Vegito is a 'little bit' more powerful..
If my memory doesnt trick me, the Pothara fusion have a x10 multiplier or something like that.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Is it? Because if we look at Gotenks he seems way more powerful than Goten+Trunks to me (jump from SSJ to SSJ3).

Completely forgot about that

Yeah Gotenks is way above gotten + trunks

Now the other fusion I want to see in the next movie is Goku + Gohan ( Gokhan)

Or possibly an even sinister one like Goku + Frieza..that would be awesome

brap

Banned
Always thought Gogeta was cooler. And with my vote it's a tie at 14-14 :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
lol, yeah. I may be just waiting for an excuse to give the show another shot. It's not on any of the streaming services I use either.

Try Dragonball first if you get a chance.
It can be a bit more crude and the first season can be quite meh as it is mainly character introductions although if I recall correctly Bulma does go naked a few times in it the first season... so there is that....

But the seasons following it are fantastic to see how the powers all really began as most are regular human level fighters to begin with.

The only sources comparing potara to the dance is Old Kai(who was wrong about the mechanics of the ring as only supreme kais can stay fused) saying that the potara is generically "better" and the frequently contradicted databook saying Vegito is stronger.

There has never been any numbers like "dance is addition and potara is multiplying". That stuff is completely made up.

In terms of personality, people always forget that Vegito was intentionally screwing around with Buu so Buu would get angry enough to absorb him. The whole plan was to get absorbed, rescue everyone, then destroy Buu. When Vegito fights Zamasu in Super he goes all out from the start, doesn't play around, and would have killed him a billion times over if he wasn't immortal.

Movie Gogeta certainly has a more serious and quiet air about him but in terms of taking fights seriously and whatnot they're essentially both the same.

Fbh

Vegito looks cooler and his personality is more fun. It's like the cockiness of Vegeta but with the overwhelming power to back it up

I think both work roughly the same way except for one point. Goku has to bring his power level down to match Vegeta when they fuse via the dance so Gogeta is only a BIT weaker than Vegito in my opinion.

Potara fusion = The combined total power of each person put into a single body.

Fusion Dance = The combined power of each person after they match power levels.

Or at least that how I understood it to work.

Though you could make the argument that their different personalities affect their overall power as well. Vegito is a cocky son of a bitch like Vegeta and screws around like Goku that gets him in trouble alot, but Gogeta is dead fucking serious. He like Goku and Vegeta when they stop screwing around. So in a fight between the two Vegito's overconfidence could cost him the fight if he underestimated Gogeta.

This is my interpretation as well.
Since for the dance fusion both need to be at the same power level it would imply its an amplified version of the weaker power level of the 2 while the Potara is an amplified version of the total power of both.
If one is 200 and the other 150 Dance would be an amplified 300 while Potara is an amplified 350.

As a side note I don't like how they changed it in Super. Potara was the better fusion method but it came at a big cost, now it's just the better fusion method with no drawback

Last edited:

tsukioni

Neo Member
Vegito all the way! I remember being extremely excited for him back when I was a kid and we seen japanese leaks. I also remember covering the old elementary computer lab computers with desktop gifs of DBZ fighters attacking each other.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Gogeta without a doubt. I fell in love immediately on his design compared to boring wannabe Vegito.

But isnt most fusion dance design all look the same?

They all have the same jacket outfit

Gotenks have the same clothes as Gogeta

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Same can be said to Vegito because he looks like Goku and his sons.
The most important aspect is
main-qimg-4919faa25b7eab07d1da5355c2035427
Was talking about their coat

Whoever it is doing fusion they'll eventually wear the same clothes right?

While Potara ring are usually different( mixture of both characters clothing)

Would like to see a potara between Vegeta and Trunks

Could be funny though

I imagine Vegetrunks appearance will look like A17 ( Trunks hair type + Vegeta black and hairline) wearing Trunks swords and jacket and Vegeta grim voices

Or even crazy ones like one of the Saiyan with Frieza

Last edited:
Top Bottom