• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Verge Rumor: Xbox 720 launch titles include Ryse, Forza, Zombie Game, & Family Game

Derrick01

Banned
Kinect sports sold in two games what the The Show sold collectively this entire gen. THAT is making money.

This isn't a knock at the series at all, but it would be extremely silly for them to jump into a true baseball sim when they can sell Kinect games to core and casual and get millions more sales.

Even with Move, which makes perfect sense for a baseball game, the last MLB did horribly. Although, Sony did a good job marketing the Vita version.

No core baseball fan is going to buy a shovelware motion game. The Show's one of the best sports games of any kind, let alone the single best option for baseball now.

I dunno I get what you're trying to say, but it kinda rubs me the wrong way that you're defending MS' decision to not make real games and just make motion shovelware. That it's "not worth it" to them. I don't very much care what's worth it to them, I care what's worth playing for me. And motion shovelware isn't it.

Izick

Lucid making PGR....RARE making a racing game...Forza 5 launch title...Playground Games helping Lucid...Turn 10 directing RARE....fuck me it's a confusing state of affairs...

Anyway, absolutely NO WAY we are going to see Forza 5 and PGR 5 launching at the same time..NO WAY!

PGR 5 makes the most sense as launch with Forza 5 hitting next year sometime..

I'm still venturing to guess these insider sources (IF they're legit) are mistaking Forza for PGR or vice-versa.

Izick

Maybe it's Forza Gotham Racing? Horizon to some extend was like PGR imho.

As I posted in the PGR 5 thread, most likely scenario, a PGR game with Forza in it's title...

I'm saying it could be to the point where it's a sitcom-esque misunderstanding. Like they internally showed off a trailer with a big "5" at the end or something.

Both of your examples are definitely more plausible though.

I'm still venturing to guess these insider sources (IF they're legit) are mistaking Forza for PGR or vice-versa.

Or maybe Forza is also going to be teased at the unveiling event or E3, but only PGR5 will be a launch title. I can easily see someone getting confused by a hint of that sort.

Izick

Or maybe Forza is also going to be teased at the unveiling event or E3, but only PGR5 will be a launch title. I can easily see someone getting confused by a hint of that sort.

I could see that happen as well. Maybe just some sort of teaser while we get gameplay for PGR.

---------------------------

So when do you all think we're going to see an announcement of the announcement....event? The PS4 event was about a month in advance of the initial announcement, right?

amardilo

Could be any time really, but I would assume when it's at least sem-far into development, just so they have a feel for the character's and their animations.

Thanks. I am hoping they at least get one game out for launch.

I was hoping it wasn't too late for a launch game if they are doing a core game that has voice acting (and not just voice overs or announcers). Recording the dialogue, doing the mouth movement animations and add any script alterations sounds like a lot of work to get done for a Q4 2013 release if they are starting now. But it might not be as difficult as I think it is or they may have systems in place to automatically do facial expressions (or even facial performance capture).

Hindle

Banned
The game having a script means theyre working on something with characters? Kinect Sports or a racing game wouldn't require a script read through.

Izick

Racing games really aren't my cup of tea. Does the game have written dialogue? If so then this could be anything.

I don't really like racing games too often, but Hoirzon was a ton of fun. You should at least try the demo just to make sure. Buy yeah, it has some quick cut-scenes here and there with voice-acting, not to mention the usual announcer/narrator stuff.

Tbigum

Neo Member
Several "big retailers of game consoles" here in Denmark, are reporting that they won't get new 360's home and they are low on stock, so if true, that can only meen one thing. BC and early launch.

ekim

Several "big retailers of game consoles" here in Denmark, are reporting that they won't get new 360's home and they are low on stock, so if true, that can only meen one thing. BC and early launch.

Any source?

edit:
if this is true, I would rather suspect the alleged 360 mini launching early.

gaming_noob

Or the 360 Mini is releasing the same week it's announced, at E3....

Top Bottom